Notices

Where does this plug-in? I believe it's IACV?

Old 06-28-2017, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Where does this plug-in? I believe it's IACV?

Hello,

I have a 1990 Honda EF STD; originally had the D15b2 engine which was swapped to DOHC ZC which has now been swapped to D16A6.

Does this component plug-in into my current harness? I can't seem to find anywhere for it. I heard a rumor this component is just for Si vehicles.
Attached Images   
Old 06-28-2017, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: Where does this plug-in? I believe it's IACV?

the component on the back of the intake manifold is the Fast Idle Control Valve (FICV) which is only found on the 89-91 D16A6 - it should have 2 wires, one black/yellow and one solid blue - the black/yellow is power which can be connected to the black/yellow at the purge cut-off solenoid on the firewall - the blue needs to run to ECU pin B2 on the PM6 ECU - the FICV function is to boost the idle a little when the engine is cold and the ambient air temperature is below 14 degrees F - the engine will run fine without this component being connected and will not result in a CEL

by the way - it appears that the vacuum line from the throttle body to the MAP sensor is not connected and the vacuum port for the PCV valve is capped off
Old 06-28-2017, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jlicrx
the component on the back of the intake manifold is the Fast Idle Control Valve (FICV) which is only found on the 89-91 D16A6 - it should have 2 wires, one black/yellow and one solid blue - the black/yellow is power which can be connected to the black/yellow at the purge cut-off solenoid on the firewall - the blue needs to run to ECU pin B2 on the PM6 ECU - the FICV function is to boost the idle a little when the engine is cold and the ambient air temperature is below 14 degrees F - the engine will run fine without this component being connected and will not result in a CEL
Thank you for all of this information! If the car is a warm weather driven car only, should it be okay to just put a block off plate in place? Does it hinder anything else? Thank you.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jlicrx
by the way - it appears that the vacuum line from the throttle body to the MAP sensor is not connected and the vacuum port for the PCV valve is capped off
Thank you for pointing this out! I haven't attached the line yet though as I'm moving stuff around in the engine bay. Also PCV is capped in my application as I am running a catch-can setup.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by GameBoyeas
Thank you for all of this information! If the car is a warm weather driven car only, should it be okay to just put a block off plate in place? Does it hinder anything else? Thank you.
you could put a block-off plate on it - just make sure to seal it really well so that you don't have a vacuum leak - cap the port at the other end of the big hose