Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Ferrari guys can't get enough of ITRs

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ferrari guys can't get enough of ITRs

While on my search for a particular thread about the value of ITRs, I stumbled upon this thread in Ferrarichat about a guy thinking about purchasing an ITR. It's an old thread but thought I'd share it with you to make you appreciate your R more.
Integra Type R, I think I'm going to buy one - FerrariChat.com
Old 03-24-2016, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ferrari guys can't get enough of ITRs

Thanks for the link. History sure is repeating itself.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice read!
Old 03-24-2016, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Invite them to Expo!
Old 03-24-2016, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Imagine that. ITRs alongside Ferraris at the Expo. Talk about an epic track day sesh. I'd be willing to let someone drive my R for a chance to drive a Ferrari.

On another note, I really like how open minded those guys are to other cars. That to me is what a true car enthusiast should be.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:51 PM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thread had me up until someone posted this:

But best FWD ever? No way-that honor goes to my '86 Shelby GLHS
Meh. GLHS was faster if you turned up the boost, but otherwise it was a hunk of crap. A cool hunk of crap, but still a hunk of crap
Old 03-24-2016, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah. Did a quick search and found one on eBay that went for $15k, all original. Not my cup of tea but interesting little car though. I don't think a GLHS will garner the same status as an ITR.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Dodge-Other-/251893769495?rmvSB=true&nma=true&si=q9UQARXQoSb%252BhQCjvhw6JXYz0DI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#viTabs_0
Old 03-25-2016, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats an awesome little car. We had a dodge omni back in the day. Always liked that little boxy hatch style.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:09 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Originally Posted by pogeeboy27
Yeah. Did a quick search and found one on eBay that went for $15k, all original. Not my cup of tea but interesting little car though. I don't think a GLHS will garner the same status as an ITR.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251893769495?rmvSB=true

Cool example of that car.

But other than Carrol Shelby putting his name on it, it doesn't really have the pedigree of the ITR--and it obviously doesn't command the same value. It's neat that the GLHS received different springs, Koni shocks, some interior/exterior touches, more HP, etc...but the underpinnings are still Chrysler L platform that was designed in the 1970's.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Someone on here who recently sold a 1997 also has or had a Ferrari.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Conversely, just drove stock F458 yesterday at Charlotte Motor Speedway infield course with Xtreme Xperience...
They will only let you drive it in Sport mode (high rpm upshift/downshift, but has traction/yaw control at high levels).
Steering, handling, balance, brakes, acceleration are all stellar as you would expect.
The engine sound was actually not what I expected - much louder and not particularly in a good way. Naturally I am partial to ITR sound effects and don't particularly care for the low rumble of large V8's.
I was expecting something more similar to F360, but guess the larger displacement and exhaust tuning has produced something less melodious. It is crazy loud at idle and just gets louder as speed/load build all the way to 9k rpm.
Seems all you hear is exhaust noise and the tone changes very little with speed/load (unlike ITR for example)
I'm no fan of auto-shifters, even if they do rip off 40 ms shifts and do perfect matched-rev downshifts - lack of manual box is a huge detraction from driving enjoyment, even if it is a Ferrari...
Overall, amazing you can hop into a 5.8 lb/hp car and reach the limits almost immediately without wheel spin or sliding/spinning off track.
If you want a car that can make you a super-hero on track, this is it.
Very impressive performance, but would not trade the ITR driving experience for it...
Old 03-25-2019, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They must envy the reliability of the ITR, not something you get in the F car, as much as I love them.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Reminds me of this semi related thread - More Honda Ferrari similarities
Old 03-25-2019, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No surprise there. I think true enthusiasts can appreciate any car with substance instead of judging on price or badge. Had 2 ITRs, this is my current one which I bought as a fixer upper 2 years ago and still driving it around regularly:

I have 2 notoriously unreliable cars too, obviously they don't get driven often because it's not a Honda and will never be as reliable but it's out of passion not logic:

Old 03-25-2019, 05:01 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 183 Likes on 161 Posts

@michaelz GDD would love to have you as a regular poster in this thread: https://honda-tech.com/forums/genera...60226/page631/
Old 03-25-2019, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by itrdave
Conversely, just drove stock F458 yesterday at Charlotte Motor Speedway infield course with Xtreme Xperience...
They will only let you drive it in Sport mode (high rpm upshift/downshift, but has traction/yaw control at high levels).
Steering, handling, balance, brakes, acceleration are all stellar as you would expect.
The engine sound was actually not what I expected - much louder and not particularly in a good way. Naturally I am partial to ITR sound effects and don't particularly care for the low rumble of large V8's.
I was expecting something more similar to F360, but guess the larger displacement and exhaust tuning has produced something less melodious. It is crazy loud at idle and just gets louder as speed/load build all the way to 9k rpm.
Seems all you hear is exhaust noise and the tone changes very little with speed/load (unlike ITR for example)
I'm no fan of auto-shifters, even if they do rip off 40 ms shifts and do perfect matched-rev downshifts - lack of manual box is a huge detraction from driving enjoyment, even if it is a Ferrari...
Overall, amazing you can hop into a 5.8 lb/hp car and reach the limits almost immediately without wheel spin or sliding/spinning off track.
If you want a car that can make you a super-hero on track, this is it.
Very impressive performance, but would not trade the ITR driving experience for it...
I had a similar experience and context of driving an f430 on the track. I really hated the paddle shifters. But I loved that V8!!
Old 03-27-2019, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Imagine that. ITRs alongside Ferraris at the Expo. Talk about an epic track day sesh. I'd be willing to let someone drive my R for a chance to drive a Ferrari.

On another note, I really like how open minded those guys are to other cars. That to me is what a true car enthusiast should be.
That would be awesome!
Old 03-27-2019, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd be willing to let someone drive my R for a chance to drive a Ferrari.
I don't think that's realistic.