Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Re: TITANIUM INTAKE & EXHAUST MANIFOLD STUDS B/D/H/F/K-series

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TITANIUM INTAKE & EXHAUST MANIFOLD STUDS B/D/H/F/K-series

Just wanted to chime in with a review after purchasing a set for my B-series build.

I reached out to RSX03 the first time of about 4 times posting this thread. He got back to me that day. Communication during the process of purchase was always there within a day at most. I purchased a set for both intake and exhaust and paid the PayPal fee. This came to $144.49. Comparing that to Speedfactory at about 90 per set.

Shipping from Canada to MA took about a week. They were packaged in a bubble wrap envelope. His original post mentioned that the intake studs would be 2mm longer. I found that both sets were the same length. When I reached out to him about this he said they were all 2mm longer. I have no way of measuring them to verify but I did pull an oem stud off of my test P72 head and and compared length. I also compared weight. And finally I tested the studs ability to thread properly.

This is how they come packaged. Since this is B-series set it comes with 10x studs, washers and nuts all of the same titanium material.

Here is the oem stud, with the paper added it came to 0.5oz

Here is the titanium stud, with the paper it comes in at 0.3oz. Without the paper it was 0.1oz less for both.

Here I compare the length of the oem stud to the titanium stud. I would note that the increase length seems to come from the cylinder head side as well as accommodating the length needed for the hex tool to fit well.

Here is the stud installed. The tolerance on the studs threads are very tight. The stud went in smooth on my spare head. But my mock up head I had to use a chase tool first. So your threads need to be clean to allow the stud to thread in without eating the aluminum.

Overall I'm very happy with the purchase. I was planning to buy titanium studs once I started my build from Speedfactory. I came across this thread and took a chance. Unfortunately I can't compare the 2 studs from these and Speedfactory. But this was my experience. Hopefully someone else here is able to compare the 2.

Thanks again to RSX03 for offering the community something of quality while saving some money.

Last edited by atech34; 06-28-2021 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Added full install pictures
Old 02-07-2021, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent review!
You're welcome my friend.

I hope others will see this and want a set for themselves
Old 02-07-2021, 02:31 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Installed pics?