Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

RCautoworks custom length d series rods

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCautoworks custom length d series rods

So last week I was checking the good ol facebook when this came up I commented and told them that my rods that I purchased from you were all like that not two seconds later they delete my comment and deleted the post 10min later then I get a message from them

so he calls me and tell me he cant do anything about the other rods because there Is no proof in his hands that they are fucked up but I send him pictures and he said he I just dont wanna get fucked over because people try that a lot im not here to **** anybody over I just telling you they were all junk so I got my car done made some power and spun a bearing the rod got hot and bothered in the process. So I drive 3 hours to rcautoworks to buy one rod for $90 from them and its junk had to get that on fixed also and there telling me that they will give me store credit of $75 that's how much it cost to fix one rod wtf am I gonna do with $75 not a damn thing I thought they were gonna give me $375 for store credit for the machine shop fixing my rods nope I like there custom length rods because it bumps the compression up for vitara build but in the end it cost more money I could have bought forged pistons and eagle rods and never of had this problem

And here is the pictures of my rods they were all like this

Old 07-05-2013, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RCautoworks custom length d series rods

kinda bullshit when they delete a comment on their own status trying to **** on other companies for the same problem their product has. then ry to sweet talk saying ''we will take care of you, repay you for any machine work bills you had to pay for our rod mistake'' then just fail at customer service and say $75? they sent you 4 rods that were janked out. then you drove 6 hours round trip for a 5th rod that was still not right. not shitting on rc, but if your gonna post a status about other companies, make sure yours are accurate before calling others out. or at least help the paying customer out for your mistake.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Keep in mind I'm all about customer advocacy , but also customers need to know how to protect themselves.

I'll weigh in on this.

OP:

1) Yes you bought rods from them 1yr ago, but failed to contact them immediatly to let them know of the rod defect. Had you contact them, i'm sure they would of been glad to send you replacement set which they re-inspect & overnight to you (so long as you return the defective rods first for their inspection).

Instead you have a machine shop "fix" modify new rods which you claim to be defective.
If I was RC, i would much rather send you new rods then cover you for any $xxx of machining.

2) I see this happen all the time. I'm one of them.
Kids who buy parts and collect them over 1-2-3yrs and they are all new, but when they finally get a chance to install it, something goes wrong (product, figment, part#, qaulity control) and they expect the company to just "refund/fix" the problem for an item purchased well beyone any industry standard refund/warranty policy.

Give me a break.
If you cannot understand where RC is coming from about how people try to screw over shops, there's not point in talking to someone like you. You must have understand their position as well, even if it means your SOL.

RC handled it pretty well.
I personally wouldn't of have even given you a store credit.
I would have however paid for return shipping cost and full refund.

What did you learn from this?
What will you do different with your next vendor/shop?

Cheers - Charlie
Old 07-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I have no reason to lie about the rods being machined wrong they are junk.

I have pictures to prove they are I didn't make this post because I was bored and wanted free money I made this post because I had a problem with there rods and I don't care I they didn't get used for a year its still there product still had problems I went there and bought 1 new rod like a month ago and it still was machined wrong so if they have sent me a new set I can almost guarantee they would have still been machined wrong.

The whole 75 dollar store credit thing is pointless for me they have nothing I need so they can keep it they need it so they can pay who ever the **** makes them and get them fixed.