Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

"Owned" by Imerj in El paso tx.<{--------------

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post "Owned" by Imerj in El paso tx.<{--------------

I just purchased "2001 GSR" in October and decided take it to Imerj Auto in El Paso Tx for a B20v swap and new Exedy organic stage 1 clutch. When i got it back there was whining sound when giving throttle to the engine, two of my Military issued assault packs are gone, the oil was "black", coolant leak (i fixed myself), when i was changing the oil i noticed the year of my head changed from "2001" to "2000" (wtf!?), the flywheel cover is missing from my transmission, the spark plug cover and the timing belt covers were'nt put back on, neither was the front strut bar!
Me: I noticed you put a different year head on the block...
Owner: thats your head, and sometimes Honda will use an older head to put on a newer car.
Me: Being that it has a new (organic) clutch how should i drive it??
Owner: oh just drive it how you want, i was "beating on it" to make sure v-tec worked.

Me: Im missing my 2 assault packs that were in my trunk...
Owner: I wouldnt know anything about that.

Me: Theres a whining sound coming from my engine...
Owner: Thats because the timing belt cover isnt on.

Me: why is there old black oil in my car...
Owner: There was alot of build up in your head.

I feel bad about posting this, but i feel even worse being taken advantage of. But I'll tell you what.. It WONT happen again. I also paid for ARP head studs and piston rod bolts but i doubt they were ever installed in my engine.
****Learn how to do everything for your car yourself**** Or risk having your beloved car "pick-apart-ed.
If you must take your car to a thief, take pictures of friggin' everything, mark your parts and take pictures before you drop it off.
----------------------------------------Bummed.---------------------------------------
Old 02-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Owned" by Imerj in El paso tx.<{--------------

def think about taking this to court. If they kept your old head...the probably kept your "new" parts as well. I'm sure you have pics of you old head installed in the car either that...or the old bat to the kneecaps mite work.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by billy hoang
******* scum bag !

You live and you learn, don't beat yourself up about it. Just move on.
@Billy Hoang: God Bless You Bro. Jesus "IS" The Answer.

@3rd Gen Lude: No i dont have pix of the head.

@Hrs Parker: I dont know if id have much of a case, i have no proof.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all hondas i have ever owned have the year before the car date on the head. IE. my 92 gsr was stamped 91 on the head, and my 01 gsr had an 00 head. Not saying he didnt screw you over on the other stuff tho.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well your assult packs are your fault. You arent allowed to store your TA-50 in your POV your unit commander gives you the permission to store it at your residences which is a privledge not a right. All shops includidnt that one have a disclaimer that they are not responsible for your belongings in your car.

New clutched are required normally to have a break in period that usally involves a cycle of "abuse" or city driving to break them in.

You should verify that your head wasnt originally the year previous like most are as stated above before you make accusations.

As with most mechanical work if you have leaks take it back to get fixed again and thouroghly inspect it before you take responsibility for it. Even the dealership has these issues.

As for the black oil and whining idk what to say....

Maybe it was used as a DD or something IDK
Old 11-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Still paying the price of scammer s.
Went to adjust my valves and the adjustment screw is missing thread s.

So now I got a loaner obd-1 b18c1 head and gotta get her resurfaced, belt tensioner, gsr oil n water pump, timing belt coming soon.

At the moment she collects dust.

Thanks again to imerj in el paso texas.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kingofbattle909
@Hrs Parker: I dont know if id have much of a case, i have no proof.
take it to another mechanic. IF IT DOESNT HAVE ARP HEADSTUDS/PISTONS OR THINGS U PAID 4 U HAVE A CASE
Old 01-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just purchased "2001 GSR" in October and decided take it to Imerj Auto in El Paso Tx for a B20v swap and new Exedy organic stage 1 clutch. When i got it back there was whining sound when giving throttle to the engine, two of my Military issued assault packs are gone, the oil was "black", coolant leak (i fixed myself), when i was changing the oil i noticed the year of my head changed from "2001" to "2000" (wtf!?), the flywheel cover is missing from my transmission, the spark plug cover and the timing belt covers were'nt put back on, neither was the front strut bar!
Me: I noticed you put a different year head on the block...
Owner: thats your head, and sometimes Honda will use an older head to put on a newer car.
Me: Being that it has a new (organic) clutch how should i drive it??
Owner: oh just drive it how you want, i was "beating on it" to make sure v-tec worked.

Me: Im missing my 2 assault packs that were in my trunk...
Owner: I wouldnt know anything about that.

Me: Theres a whining sound coming from my engine...
Owner: Thats because the timing belt cover isnt on.

Me: why is there old black oil in my car...
Owner: There was alot of build up in your head.

I feel bad about posting this, but i feel even worse being taken advantage of. But I'll tell you what.. It WONT happen again. I also paid for ARP head studs and piston rod bolts but i doubt they were ever installed in my engine.
****Learn how to do everything for your car yourself**** Or risk having your beloved car "pick-apart-ed.
If you must take your car to a thief, take pictures of friggin' everything, mark your parts and take pictures before you drop it off.
----------------------------------------Bummed.---------------------------------------
This thread was just recently brought to my attention, so sorry for the late reply.

Your head is your original head, as somebody else on here already stated, Honda heads are casted the year before the production of the actual car. Hence your 2001 GSR has the 2000 production stamp on your head.

The whining sound was coming from your timing belt (which you opted to not replace) and the top cover not being on. Some people prefer to leave them off so they can can have access their cam gears. We would have been happy to put it back on for you, if you would have asked us to do so.

Please verify that all your ARP studs are in your engine, before you consider bringing that into your complaint.

As far as the oil turning black, this was a used engine that was ordered in from a jdm importer and there for NOT a new motor. Also, your previous B18c head had so much build up in it from lack of oil changes we were literally scraping it out like mud with a fathead screwdriver.

As far as the assault packs are concerned, I don't even know what those look like or what there for. You probably should have taken them out of your car if they were that important, but I'm almost positive they were never in there to begin with and were misplaced before the car even got to out facility.

As far as the misc. covers, strut bar and misc leak, we would of happily put those back on for you and or corrected the problem if you would have given us the opportunity to do so, but I guess in the end it was easier to bash us on HT the ask us to do so.

We work on many cars and try to do our best to make everyone happy, but sometimes things get overlooked and slip through the cracks. Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes and we are always willing to help correct them if reasonable.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Still paying the price of scammer s.
Went to adjust my valves and the adjustment screw is missing thread s.

So now I got a loaner obd-1 b18c1 head and gotta get her resurfaced, belt tensioner, gsr oil n water pump, timing belt coming soon.

At the moment she collects dust.

Thanks again to imerj in el paso texas.
That makes no sense, your out of adjustment on the rocker? idk
Old 02-06-2012, 03:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

To verify ARP stuff you should be able see the rod studs say ARP on them with just taking oilpan, pickup, and windage tray.... As far as head studs not sure if you can see them at all with the cams installed or not.. They look ALOT different from regular head bolts and should be easy to tell the difference.. All else fails you can remove 1 cam to see..
Old 02-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It is required by DOT that carriers ship used engines and/ or transmissions completely drained of all fluids. All our motors arrive dry, we OBVIOUSLY had to put new oil in it. I won't even mention the fact that the oil pan had to be dropped to install the rod bolts.

As I stated before, we would of been more then happy to correct any issues if given the opportunity to do so. It's a strong possibility that those items ( strut bar and covers ) were over looked by the tech and left in the back of the car, as not all cars have those items. I'm by no means making excuses, but it is what it is. No ones perfect.

Last edited by imerjauto.com; 02-13-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:55 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have removed 10 posts from this thread.

The reasons I deleted the posts was due to a violation of the forum rules

The rules that were violated are:
#1."The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted."
It sounds to me as though the shop was willing to work with the OP, and the OP either didn't want to, or didn't feel comfortable with this resolution.

#3.**Those who are not parties to the transaction in question, or have not had personal experience with the vendor/product in question, should refrain from adding comments to the discussion. Failure to do so will result in posts being deleted.**

There were many posts in this thread that were from people who had the right intentions by sympathizing with the OP, but were not directly involved, nor did they have first hand knowledge of the event.

Please follow the rules of this forum going forward.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by imerjauto.com
It is required by DOT that carriers ship used engines and/ or transmissions completely drained of all fluids. All our motors arrive dry, we OBVIOUSLY had to put new oil in it. I won't even mention the fact that the oil pan had to be dropped to install the rod bolts.

As I stated before, we would of been more then happy to correct any issues if given the opportunity to do so. It's a strong possibility that those items ( strut bar and covers ) were over looked by the tech and left in the back of the car, as not all cars have those items. I'm by no means making excuses, but it is what it is. No ones perfect.
So you installed ARP rod bolts into stock rods without re-sizing the rods?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Cpt. xThread
anyone wanna buy a complete b20 block? **!I'm joking and would'nt do that!**
W0W...

The screw was stripped=stripping the nut (I still have the adj. screw, missing 80%+ of a revolution of threading).
Old 02-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Cpt. xThread
We don't buy into that whole rod distortion theory. Furthermore, we've never had any issues in the pass regarding this (I've been doing this for a living since '98 and we've done quite a few this way) and the OP has been driving his for over a year now.

Last edited by imerjauto.com; 02-28-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone wanna buy a complete b20 block? **!I'm joking and would'nt do that!**
W0W...

The screw was stripped=stripping the nut (I still have the adj. screw, missing 80%+ of a revolution of threading).
Wow man, your truly something else and further confirming what I thought all along.

Where were you the past 30 days, I know you log in on a daily and NOT once responded to anything I wrote, but you will respond to some guy looking to stir the pot.

I have responded and rebuttaled virtually all your concerns and remarks nearly a MONTH ago after I found out about this thread. Everything from you not knowing how to read the production date on your own head, to the black oil in your engine, to you ASSUMING there were no ARP head or rod bolts installed in your motor WITHOUT confirmation.

You had to buy a whole new head because one of your rocker jam nuts were "striped"? Get real man.

I would also like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to correct any issues you had before putting me on blast. (dust covers)
Old 02-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wasn't stirring the pot, I was asking a question.

I couldn't careless about the out come of this situation, from a outsiders standpoint the OP appears to be an idiot and according to you he never contacted you to resolve any of the issues.

GL sorting it out.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:32 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread has lived it's life and both parties need to agree to contact one another and exhaust all efforts to resolve this. I truly believe this thread should not be here. This forum is a place for users to talk about situations that are unresolved and appear unrecoverable, which is not the case here.