Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

STAY AWAY FROM REDLINEMOTOVIE.COM

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STAY AWAY FROM REDLINEMOTOVIE.COM

I placed an order for the Apexi Ws2 catback system they had advertised for $425 plus shipping. I placed the order and twenty minutes or so go by and I get an email saying it is out of sock and the order has been cancelled. Not the end of the world, so I reply back to see if they have the NOIR in stock. Dan replies back saying that they do. This system was priced at $441 dollars plus shipping. In the time it took for them to tell me that the WS2 was not in stock and that the NOIR was available, they raised the price on the website to $522.
I followed up with Dan asking if he could honor the price I had just seen and would have ordered in place of the WS2 if I had known it was not in stock. Dan says, sorry we can't honor the price and we would have let you know that the price you saw on the WS2 was wrong as well.

These guys like to put a low competitive price online to lure you in just to inform you after you order that it is either out of stock or that the manufacturer magically raised the price just as you placed your order. Oh and don't even try to call because all you can do is leave a message.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: STAY AWAY FROM REDLINEMOTOVIE.COM

I understand your frustration but it might not be as you describe. The manufacturer probably raised prices, and the vendor never knew until they went to order and ship a kit from the manufacturer's warehouse to you.

The out of stock thing happens all the time when vendors are not given direct access to all inventory for every single product they own.

Even if the vendor knows the product is out of stock, would they be better off just removing it from their website, or leaving as is, and hoping the customer will be willing to wait?

Not trying to pick a fight as I can understand your frustration on it and it isn't your fault. Just trying to shed some light on other possible reasons why this happened.