Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

My NIGHTMARE with KJBuilt in Enfield CT

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My NIGHTMARE with KJBuilt in Enfield CT

Ladies and Gentleman,

I’m going to try this again. I deleted my first thread regarding this situation in hopes of resolving this matter directly with the seller, Kyle Johnson of “KJBuilt Performance” in Enfield CT privately, but he has made it clear through our conversations in person and through text, that he has absolutely no desire to do what is right, and no desire to accept any responsibility for the fact that in my opinion, his careless actions and poor judgment caused my car to be stolen from his shop.

My car was at “KJBuilt Performance” in Enfield CT (@KJBuilt on Instagram) since April (motor has been there even longer) being completely built from a TOTALLY STOCK 1 owner, low mileage 2001 GSR to a turbo street car capable of 700whp using all of the finest parts that money can buy.

Before dropping off my car, an investment which has taken me 2 years and roughly $20k, I thought I did my research (obviously not enough) on “KJBuilt Performance”, and in February 2014 met with him to see what his shop was like, and discuss my goals, expectations for the car etc. I was re assured that my expectations would be met and that he would be happy to take on my project. I advised him that I would like the car to be completed in about 2 months time because I wanted it for the summer. At the time of meeting him in Feb, I had 99% of what was needed for the build (minus any small things that may come up along the way during a build like this). I have been collecting all parts for the build since 2012 when I first purchased the car. He said my time frame of 2 months was not a problem.

The car took much longer than expected and here we are in October and I don't have it back. I'm a pretty understanding person, so whatever, I can deal with some delay because the car was not my daily driver. But, I got a call from him a couple weeks ago that made me sick to my stomach. He told me that he left my car outside on Saturday 9/20, which he says he has never done, and when he came in the following day, it was GONE. GONE. I was stunned, ANGRY, sad, sickened. I still can't wrap my head around the whole thing. Needless to say, I was devastated.

The car was 95% complete when it was stolen. He says it has always been kept inside, but he decided to leave it outside that night. The car was not currently running so it must have been towed or flatbedded away. The car was left outside in his lot with no front bumper, in plain view, FACING THE STREET showing off a Precision 750 front mount intercooler, 2 Tial 44 wastegates, and turbo for the world to see. Had I known that at any point during the build process that my car would be left outside for ANY time, I would immediately have addressed that issue and expressed that if my car was not going to be inside at all times, then I would take my car back and pay him for work performed. But again, he said it was always kept inside during the build. I had no reason to not believe him, and I didn’t think he would be dumb enough to leave it outside, much less facing the road, displaying all of my new, expensive, shiny parts.

Bottom line is, I dropped my car off to be built. It's now GONE. Almost completed, it was stolen because it was carelessly left outside. Of course, his “shop” has no insurance. All of a sudden now, according to him, “it’s not a business and I just do work for people privately”. So he works on customer vehicles in a shop with bays and a lift, has a website where he talks about providing a service to customers, but now all of a sudden, he is not a business? He goes on to say that if the town knew he was operating a business there, they would probably shut him down because the garage is surrounded by conserved wetlands. SMH. This dude is doing work on customer SFWD cars and All MOTOR class cars and engines/trannies and has no insurance? Just like me (my fault) , I bet they have no idea what a risk they are taking with their cars. What if his building was to catch fire or something with all his customer cars in there? Guess what? THEY ARE SCREWED.

He has made it clear that he will offer NO compensation to me whatsoever, NO parts, NO car and that he is not at fault for my car being stolen. He continues by saying it is not fair to him that I expect any compensation because this is a substantial loss for HIM, because he spent a lot of time on the car for which he will not receive payment. Just so you know what type of business man he is, He says I am the negligent one for “Not once asking for insurance credentials, or asking to have a contract written to potentially protect your investment”, and “Not once have you made yourself responsible for any of your own personal negligence or lack of protection” WOW. He says “If you didn't have the proper insurance on the vehicle, why does that then trickle onto my shoulders as you see it?" I’m pretty sure that he has NEVER been asked for this by any customer. I guess he is calling ALL of his customers negligent then. Word of advice, if you are planning on doing business with him, YOU MUST ASK FOR THIS!!!!! His word doesn’t mean ****!! Even if my car had full coverage auto insurance, they would only give me book value for the car. I would not see any money for all of the aftermarket parts I purchased. He did offer to help me build a new project, “out of the kindness of his heart” but I need to supply the car, and all parts. Even if I had the ability to purchase another car and all of the parts again, I wouldn’t be dumb enough to bring them to his uninsured, illegal shop that IN HIS OWN WORDS, would be shut down by the town if they found out he was doing business there. I have kept EVERY single text to and from KJ (thanks iCloud) that will confirm 100% of what I am saying is FACT. PERIOD.

Basically, everyone who has asked me about the situation, and every one that I have spoken to, including previous customers of his, other shops, friends, ALL AGREE that what he is doing is complete BULLSHIT and that he is WRONG. WRONG. They all agree that a real business man, a real man, would step up to the plate, do what’s right and make things right for a customer who because of YOUR careless actions, lost his ENTIRE BUILD. Comparing his loss of labor costs to the loss of my entire car and parts show what kind of business man he is. It also shows he doesn’t care about customers and puts his interests above anyone else. For him to go a step further and blame the customer, who did nothing but bring you his car ,parts, and business, shows what type of business man he is. You don’t have the money to make things right? Sell YOUR race car, hand over the keys and title, I don’t give a ****. DO SOMETHING.

I urge anyone doing business or planning on doing business with Kyle and “KJBuilt” in Enfield CT or anyone having work done by this man to seriously reconsider. If anything happens to your car, motor, parts or whatever, HE WILL NOT COMPENSATE YOU. HE WILL NOT MAKE IT RIGHT AND HE WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. IN FACT, HE WILL BLAME YOU! He has no insurance, he is running an illegal shop and you are on your own. Bring your business to a REAL SHOP. If you decide to do business with KJBuilt, ask for insurance credentials and ask for a written contract from him IMMEDIATELY if your belongings are there. Do not make the same mistake I made. DO NOT WAIT.

I have accepted that my car is gone, probably stripped and chopped up the same night it was taken, but I just want to share my experience with this “shop” on every Honda/Acura performance site I can so that people are aware what they are getting themselves into when they deal with Kyle at “KJBuilt”.

If there is anything to be learned from this situation, it is to PLEASE, PLEASE make sure you ask for insurance credentials from any shop you bring your car to. Not out of disrespect to the shop or employees, but to protect yourself from situations like this. I’m sure there may be many places out there with no insurance that would still stand by their customers and make it right if something like this were to go down, unfortunately KJBuilt in Enfield isn’t one of them.

Thank you all for listening. Peace.

Last edited by Death_to_Thieves; 10-12-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My NIGHTMARE with KJBuilt in Enfield CT

This is what I get back after dropping off $20k worth of parts and car at KJBuilt. Since day 1 of the car being taken, his main focus was keeping this entire situation quiet so that it wouldn't hurt his reputation. He has over 7000 followers on Instagram, many of them Honda enthusiasts and he couldn't even take the time to make a post on his page advising people to keep an eye out for the car, parts or offer a reward etc. When the TDAutowerks car went missing, it was EVERYWHERE on Instagram. People were reposting and reposting to show SUPPORT. Not this guy, his focus was protecting his name so that it wouldn't hurt business. I'm not saying my car is anywhere near what the TDAutowerks car is, but it could have helped to INFORM people.

A friend of mine who has many followers in Instagram, posted on his own page to be on the lookout for the car. Guess what Kyle of KJBuilt did? He messaged my friend and asked him to remove the post so that people wouldn't know it was his shop that the car was taken from. Nice guy huh? I have a reward thread on a local CT forum discussing this story about my car and how it was stolen. KJ is a moderator on that forum...NOT 1 reply. NOTHING. He has nothing to say regarding the situation. 3 weeks in and he hasn't offered me any parts, any money, nothing. Not $1. Before I created any threads mentioning his name or anything, he BLOCKED me from Instagram. Not once did I say anything negative or mention anything about the situation on any of his pictures or posts, but HE blocks ME. Wow.

So to recap, he leaves my car outside, it gets stolen, he refuses to take responsibility, refuses to compensate me, says I'm negligent, and then HE blocks ME on Instagram.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Death_to_Thieves; 10-12-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you reported the stolen vehicle to the police?
Old 10-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dsmdan
Have you reported the stolen vehicle to the police?
Yes. A report was filed the same day.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am sure the last thing he wanted was for your car to get stolen. How is that going to benefit the shop in any way, shape, or form?

You are angry because of what happened to you. No doubt. I would be too. Thieves suck.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well of course the shop won't benefit from the vehicle theft, but it would benefit from helping the customer out. I would say the OP is not only angry about the situation, but how the situation has been handled.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It sucks and I am sorry for you that your car is gone. But...

Seems simple. Neither of you bothered to have the right insurance. Bad happened. You are both to blame and there isnt much that can happen beyond that.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Civil Suit is all I got to say. Shop out here in Phoenix tried screwing me on a motor build, **** was screwed from the day I picked drove off from their shop. They would not fix the motor and basically gave me every excuse they could come up with.

Instead of BS or back and forth, took them to small claims with my all my paperwork etc. and it took the judge less than 20 minutes to go in my favor. Three week later a check came in the mail, done deal.

Doesn't matter if you don't have the right insurance or not, take them to court and sue them. Once the judge takes a look at your case I would say you should be set to get at least something back.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by welfarepc
I am sure the last thing he wanted was for your car to get stolen. How is that going to benefit the shop in any way, shape, or form?

You are angry because of what happened to you. No doubt. I would be too. Thieves suck.
I never said the theft would benefit anyone or that he wanted the car to get stolen. I'm sharing my experience with this shop and making others aware of how he handles business and treats customers.

Originally Posted by itspools
Well of course the shop won't benefit from the vehicle theft, but it would benefit from helping the customer out. I would say the OP is not only angry about the situation, but how the situation has been handled.
Correct. His handling of the situation is why I feel the need to warn others about how he takes care of business and treats customers if there is ever any issue with your car or parts.

Originally Posted by Paul_VR6
It sucks and I am sorry for you that your car is gone. But...

Seems simple. Neither of you bothered to have the right insurance. Bad happened. You are both to blame and there isnt much that can happen beyond that.
Car was not driven for many months. I didn't see the need for full coverage. Plus I was told the car was kept inside. Even if I did, I would only get paid for the car, nothing for parts. In this case the parts are worth way more then the car. But yes, I have many regrets.

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
Civil Suit is all I got to say. Shop out here in Phoenix tried screwing me on a motor build, **** was screwed from the day I picked drove off from their shop. They would not fix the motor and basically gave me every excuse they could come up with.

Instead of BS or back and forth, took them to small claims with my all my paperwork etc. and it took the judge less than 20 minutes to go in my favor. Three week later a check came in the mail, done deal.

Doesn't matter if you don't have the right insurance or not, take them to court and sue them. Once the judge takes a look at your case I would say you should be set to get at least something back.

Thanks sir. I'm in the process of working with an attorney to see what the best course of action is. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

It would benefit the shop if they had something to do with the theft... profit...

I just think it's odd, the shop owner left the car outside once and it happen to get stolen that time...smh

Also, the shop owner was/is quick to move off the subject, keep it hushed and shows no sympathy for the customer.

You guys trust too many people. I don't believe a damn thing anyone says in this shady scene anymore. It's been that way for years now.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:23 AM
I live under a rock

Amen - Scene HAS BEEN shady for YEARS......

Do it all yourself or don't do it at all.

I got lucky a couple years ago I had my car at a place getting some welding done. Guy swore he never left cars outside yet when I went to go pick it up it was all dirty and clearly rained on a couple times.

Not the shop's fault the car got stolen but I say he is negligent in leaving it outside when its a known high theft target.... You probably have a civil suit leg to stand - GL man.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It sounds like the OP would feel a bit better about the situation if he felt the shop was trying to do anything to help him and share in the responsibility.

No insurance on both sides means both parties are at fault for their portion of that scenario. It sounds like it may be different if they both shared in the responsibility.

Even if the shop didn't take the full hit but say.... helped locate a replacement vehicle and went half on it... or offered all replacement pats at cost since he was a performance "shop" he likely has accounts with other go fast parts distributors and could pass the savings on.

From the side of the story that was explained here it seems to me as if the frustration from the OP is that he feels as if he is on his own. The "shop" owner is more interested in keeping things hush hush than he is helping come to a compromise or resolution that is somewhat fair for both parties.

If a customer's vehicle was stolen while in my possession I would feel so horrible the last thing I would be mentioning to the customer was that I was not getting paid for my time and labor on the build... That is the easiest thing to write off IMO.

I'm sure there are always two sides to every story but it seems like the vehicle owner got the short end of this stick on this one.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not going to speak for Kyle (KJ), but you went about this all wrong. If I was him I would have blocked your *** too. You're attacking him and now he has a leg to stand on when it comes to character deformation. This thread only supports that.

I've done business with KJ for a couple years now, as have MANY of my friends. None of us have had a single issue. Maybe one of your own homies stole it since they knew it was there? How do we, or anyone for that matter, know that you're telling the truth? Creating a IG profile to attack someone is the wrong way man, especially if you ever wanted a chance of him helping you recover your assets.

Also, I don't appreciate you adding me in you're ordeals. Stop tagging me and my friends in your posts on IG. It's not my issue or anyone elses. It's between you and KJ.

I hope you find your stuff, I really do.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This sucks for all parties involved here BUT, BUT

I feel the social media/internet age had made people go about things such as this, all wrong. You need to fully work things out between you two and NOT tons of other people on the internet, making an audience for the issue.

You should have handled it between you two only and any counsel or insurance companies.

Although, I must say. I've personally seen shop owners, ones I've known for a bit and did business with succumb to other issues which made them do some stupid things with their business, so it's tough to know which one of you to believe.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:10 AM
Wheres my titleeeee!

Originally Posted by tepid1
I'm not going to speak for Kyle (KJ), but you went about this all wrong. If I was him I would have blocked your *** too. You're attacking him and now he has a leg to stand on when it comes to character deformation. This thread only supports that.

I've done business with KJ for a couple years now, as have MANY of my friends. None of us have had a single issue. Maybe one of your own homies stole it since they knew it was there? How do we, or anyone for that matter, know that you're telling the truth? Creating a IG profile to attack someone is the wrong way man, especially if you ever wanted a chance of him helping you recover your assets.

Also, I don't appreciate you adding me in you're ordeals. Stop tagging me and my friends in your posts on IG. It's not my issue or anyone elses. It's between you and KJ.

Chris, Hush hush with that nonsense bro. This dude waited 2 weeks and tried to work with KJ before even telling anyone of the location the car was stolen. NEVER once even on the original thread on CTVTEC did this OP mention KJ until KJ told him hes on his own.

Chris, You know chuck right? with the black hatch... Well this dude is close with chuck and his cousin. He didn't bash KJ until KJ told him hes fucked.

And as a respected person in the performance industry, if I was in KJ's shoes, I would have doe everything in my power to make it work. **** you know how I do.

I feel that the OP is not in the wrong at all and **** the instagram ****. KJ made NO ATTEMPT to put together a "stolen car" post or anything to help this dude get his **** back.

Im sorry but anyone who comes to KJ's defense in this is an idiot. Put yourself in OP's shoes.

I have NO issue with KJ at all. He has been nice to me and has always been all around good but the fact that he not once has defended himself or given his side or anything makes me believe this story 100000%

Not to mention that the money the OP and his friends have spent in the last few months with KJ, he has all of the right to tweak the **** out.

Also, it wasn't OP's responsibility to know KJ's insurance situation. KJ never informed him that his shop isn't insured, never made OP sign a work release paper. ETC. Too many issues here to be left alone and too many inconsistencies in KJ's business practice to defend KJ.

And last but not least, how many people keep full coverage on a race car? How many people will insure a shell? Given KJ's reputation, this guy had work done there. With a reputation like his and the money hes making, he should have a legit business and be insured...
Old 10-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

To the OP,

since his shop is "illegal" according to him, call the the city and report his "illegal" business. Hit him where it hurts the most.

If he isn't willing to help you out, time to play "nice guy"....
Old 10-13-2014, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I appreciate the feedback man. Thanks. I want to personally apologize to you for tagging you in my original posts on Instagram. It was WRONG. I immediately removed the tags after you requested it and have not done so again. I apologize again, I meant no disrespect.

None of my "homies" knew really anything about my car except that it was being worked on somewhere. Anytime I went to Kyle's I was alone. Why would I lie about my car being stolen? I can assure you from the pain I have felt these last 3 weeks that this is very real. Also, I never attacked Kyle at all. He blocked me on Instagram for no reason at all. Never once did I write anything negative on his posts, bash him or make any mention of the situation at all. One day I was blocked. Just like that.

I had hoped that we could work this out privately, but like I said, he has made it very clear that he has no intention of compensating me or coming to an agreement or working it out. He will help me build another car as long as I provide the car and parts. That is it. As much as I would like to, I can't afford to just buy another car and everything all over. It took me 2 years to gather everything that I brought him. Like I said, after this ordeal, even if I had the means to do so, I wouldn't bring it to him even if his labor was for free. He made it clear before I created my Instagram account, before I created this thread, before I started sharing my story with people, before I ever mentioned his name once that he wouldn't help compensate me for anything.

Like I said, I have accepted that the car is gone and I know all my parts are long gone.
At this point Im sharing my experience and story. People can take from it what they want. Thanks again for the feedback.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nemisish20
Chris, Hush hush with that nonsense bro. This dude waited 2 weeks and tried to work with KJ before even telling anyone of the location the car was stolen. NEVER once even on the original thread on CTVTEC did this OP mention KJ until KJ told him hes on his own.

Chris, You know chuck right? with the black hatch... Well this dude is close with chuck and his cousin. He didn't bash KJ until KJ told him hes fucked.

And as a respected person in the performance industry, if I was in KJ's shoes, I would have doe everything in my power to make it work. **** you know how I do.

I feel that the OP is not in the wrong at all and **** the instagram ****. KJ made NO ATTEMPT to put together a "stolen car" post or anything to help this dude get his **** back.

Im sorry but anyone who comes to KJ's defense in this is an idiot. Put yourself in OP's shoes.

I have NO issue with KJ at all. He has been nice to me and has always been all around good but the fact that he not once has defended himself or given his side or anything makes me believe this story 100000%

Not to mention that the money the OP and his friends have spent in the last few months with KJ, he has all of the right to tweak the **** out.

Also, it wasn't OP's responsibility to know KJ's insurance situation. KJ never informed him that his shop isn't insured, never made OP sign a work release paper. ETC. Too many issues here to be left alone and too many inconsistencies in KJ's business practice to defend KJ.

And last but not least, how many people keep full coverage on a race car? How many people will insure a shell? Given KJ's reputation, this guy had work done there. With a reputation like his and the money hes making, he should have a legit business and be insured...

So, I'm an idiot now, Nick? How nice of you.

I know al the people you're naming off, bud. It doesn't matter who's who. What matters is how this is being handled and the approach he is taking.

Should the OP know that KJ didn't have a legit shop, especially after doing research? My response is yes.
Should the OP have asked if the place he was taking his car was covered? Again, my response is yes.

The OP is almost just as negligent as the shop.

I'm not defiending KJ in any way. In fact, I think he should help the guy that lost his ****, BUT holding KJ with sole accountability is just not right or fair. The OP should have had his car insured for it's actual value with a documented history of everything he has done or had in the car. If you don't do anything to protect yourself then you are just as negligent.

This **** drives me nuts. Careless fucktards. lol
Old 10-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nemisish20

I appreciate the continued support man. Thanks again sir.

However, just a small correction, I do know of Chuck because he is from the same city as I am, but I am not close with him, even though we know some of the same people. Either way, I'd rather not involve anyone in this and would prefer to keep all of them out of it. Just out of respect and because they have nothing to do with this.

Thanks again for your support. You make many points that I agree with 100% and feel exactly the same as you do. Thanks again bro.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mattb16teg
This sucks for all parties involved here BUT, BUT

I feel the social media/internet age had made people go about things such as this, all wrong. You need to fully work things out between you two and NOT tons of other people on the internet, making an audience for the issue.

You should have handled it between you two only and any counsel or insurance companies.

Although, I must say. I've personally seen shop owners, ones I've known for a bit and did business with succumb to other issues which made them do some stupid things with their business, so it's tough to know which one of you to believe.
He is not interested in working things out. He feels that he is taking a loss because he will not receive payment for work he has put into the car. These are his words and I HAVE PROOF. Threads I have created on the internet sharing my story have only come AFTER he has made it clear that I'm basically ON MY OWN. Unless I come up with another car and all of the parts, he can't help me. That's it.

No offers to "go half" on anything. Not $1 dollar offered to help me buy another car or parts, NOTHING. ZERO. Unless I buy another car and all the parts I am on my own. If there had been some sort of effort from him or some willingness to come to an agreement to help get me going again, just SOMETHING, I would have been cool with that and accepted some loss. BUt he hasn't done, offered, or been willing to do anything. His way of dealing with this was to just block me on Instagram and basically say F you. That attitude is what has me the most angry and makes me want to share this story and make people aware of how he conducts business.

As said, I have all documentation of all communication to and from him to back everything I say up 100%. I have another thread up on a local forum in which he is a moderator, and there has not been 1 reply. The thread has been up over a week. NOT 1 reply. What does that tell you? Come on man..
Old 10-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ZoningEnforcement@enfield.org

Send an email...
Old 10-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not defiending KJ in any way. In fact, I think he should help the guy that lost his ****, BUT holding KJ with sole accountability is just not right or fair. The OP should have had his car insured for it's actual value with a documented history of everything he has done or had in the car. If you don't do anything to protect yourself then you are just as negligent.

This **** drives me nuts. Careless fucktards. lol
So now we're name calling...sheesh

I'm not asking that he take sole responsibility. What I hoped and expected was for him to help in SOME WAY. Offer SOMETHING. BE WILLING TO COME TO AN AGREEMENT, or atleast sit down and have a real discussion on how we could make this right.. I lost a whole car here, not a valve cover or a set of rods. To just say, I'll help you build a new car "out of the kindness of my heart" but then tell me I need to supply the car and all parts is not acceptable to me. As I said, it took me 2 years to be able to gather this stuff.

Again, I dropped off a completely STOCK 1 owner car, NOTHING was done to it. So if I had it "insured for its actual value" I'd probably see 4k max from insurance. Nothing for the parts I bought because it was stock when I dropped it off. There is no "documented history" for what I had done to the car because there was nothing done to the car when it was dropped off to Kyle. I was paying him to do the build. If I had the opportunity to get my car back completed, I would have taken necessary steps to insure it for what it was worth.

Last edited by Death_to_Thieves; 10-14-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by West Werks
Thank you sir.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:22 PM

I've said this before, but you are focusing your efforts on the wrong person here. Kyle is not the thief, the thieves are the one who stole your property...you are reaching to find someone to blame and as Tepid1 states you are seriously going about it the wrong way and in public...whenever this comes in front of a judge he is going to look at all the nonsense here and send you on your way.

I don't believe I have seen you post what exactly would make it right?

From what I've heard, you dropped off your car, a pile a parts and said "here, build me a car." I don't believe you purchased a substantial amount if parts from KJ, and mostly you were just prepared to pay him labor to do work for you correct?

The parts you did purchase from KJ he is taking the loss on right?

The labor he did do, he is taking the loss on right?

How can someone who was only going to make "x" amount of dollars on your project be expected to take the entire hit on the car?

Why go after him? Why not sue the owner of the building for letting him run a "shop" out of that location?

Why not sue the town for not enforcing their code effectively?

Why not spend all if this time you are trying to defame KJ by going out and trying to find your car? Look at what Damian did with his situation? He got on social media, he contacted local news agencies, he scoured the streets and offered rewards...and it mostly worked!

Right now KJ is the EASIEST thing for you to go after and it's sad because he is by far one of the most legit people in this game...and you are basically just going to try and stick it to him, take years off his life and take money out of his pocket and that of his wife and three children because of an unfortunate situation.

YOU made a lot of mistakes, and you are just blaming the only person you can...and it sucks to see you try and bring him down just for spite.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xenocron
I've said this before, but you are focusing your efforts on the wrong person here. Kyle is not the thief, the thieves are the one who stole your property...you are reaching to find someone to blame and as Tepid1 states you are seriously going about it the wrong way and in public...whenever this comes in front of a judge he is going to look at all the nonsense here and send you on your way.

I don't believe I have seen you post what exactly would make it right?

From what I've heard, you dropped off your car, a pile a parts and said "here, build me a car." I don't believe you purchased a substantial amount if parts from KJ, and mostly you were just prepared to pay him labor to do work for you correct?

The parts you did purchase from KJ he is taking the loss on right?

The labor he did do, he is taking the loss on right?

How can someone who was only going to make "x" amount of dollars on your project be expected to take the entire hit on the car?

Why go after him? Why not sue the owner of the building for letting him run a "shop" out of that location?

Why not sue the town for not enforcing their code effectively?

Why not spend all if this time you are trying to defame KJ by going out and trying to find your car? Look at what Damian did with his situation? He got on social media, he contacted local news agencies, he scoured the streets and offered rewards...and it mostly worked!

Right now KJ is the EASIEST thing for you to go after and it's sad because he is by far one of the most legit people in this game...and you are basically just going to try and stick it to him, take years off his life and take money out of his pocket and that of his wife and three children because of an unfortunate situation.

YOU made a lot of mistakes, and you are just blaming the only person you can...and it sucks to see you try and bring him down just for spite.
Xenocron, I respect you and your opinion a great deal, and have nothing but good things to say about you and the business I have done with you in the past. I understand that you have a close working relationship with KJ, but I'm sorry, I do not agree with what you are saying, so we'll agree to disagree.

Q: I don't believe I have seen you post what exactly would make it right?

A: I feel I have answered this already. Please see some of my responses above.

Q:From what I've heard, you dropped off your car, a pile a parts and said "here, build me a car." I don't believe you purchased a substantial amount if parts from KJ, and mostly you were just prepared to pay him labor to do work for you correct?

A: That is not correct. Before bringing anything to him, I asked if I could come to his shop so I could meet him, see his shop, discuss my project face to face, and to see if he would be interested in taking on the project. I heard many good things about his work/reputation and saw his IG page and it looked legit. During the discussion I told him what parts I had, my goal for the car and a timeframe in which I wanted the car to be done which was 2 months. He said 2 months wouldn't be a problem. He seemed sincere, and like a cool dude. We shook hands and I was on my way. To be thorough, on April 7 I also sent him a very detailed email (which I still have a copy of) listing EVERY SINGLE part I had already purchased including web links to many of the parts so there would be no miscommunication about what I had already on-hand. As I said above, I had 99% of what I needed minus any small misc. parts that I might need during the build. On June 25, I paid him $1250 in cash for machine work for the head and block, and any parts he had bought/needed up to that point such as gaskets, piston rings, bearings etc. Parts were dropped off in stages as he progressed with the project. First was the longblock, then tranny and clutch, then turbo stuff, then exhaust items so on and so on. At no point did I "drop off a car, a bunch of parts and say here, build me a car".

Q: How can someone who was only going to make "x" amount of dollars on your project be expected to take the entire hit on the car?

A:
Again, I feel I have answered this in one of my posts above.

Q:

A:
I feel that it was his mistake for leaving the car outside. I was told my car would be inside during the build. If at any point he told me it would be kept outside during the process of it being built, I would have told him that I didn't feel comfortable with that and would have paid him for work performed up to that point and taken my car back. I had no reason to not believe him. If the car had been inside as I was told, it wouldn't have gotten stolen. Whether or not you or anyone agrees with this, It's how I feel.

Q:Why not sue the town for not enforcing their code effectively?

A: Maybe that is something that can be explored.

Q: Why not spend all if this time you are trying to defame KJ by going out and trying to find your car? Look at what Damian did with his situation? He got on social media, he contacted local news agencies, he scoured the streets and offered rewards...and it mostly worked!

A:I have done the same. I have created reward threads and have posted numerous ads on Craiglist from CT to NH offering rewards for the return of the car and/or parts. I am also sharing my experience with KJ and advising others that if they do business with him (or any shop for that matter), and are going to leave their car or parts there, they NEED TO ASK FOR INSURANCE CREDENTIALS and a WRITTEN CONTRACT to protect their investment and themselves. He said I was negligent by not asking for these, so I am making others aware that they need to do this. You yourself said in my last thread that you have only been asked for this ONCE, and it was by a Lamborghini owner. So I guess I'm as negligent as any Honda owner who has walked through your doors. Also, I have not posted anything that is not factual or anything which I am not able to prove.

"Right now KJ is the EASIEST thing for you to go after and it's sad because he is by far one of the most legit people in this game...and you are basically just going to try and stick it to him, take years off his life and take money out of his pocket and that of his wife and three children because of an unfortunate situation."

Take years off his life? I'm not holding a gun to his head and forcing him to smoke packs of cigarettes here, so I don't know what you mean by this. I too have a wife and children, and money that I have invested in this project has been taken out of my pocket, in my opinion because he didn't keep the car inside like he said he would. I am entitled to feel this way. I'm sorry if you do not agree, but it's OK. You don't have to. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.