Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

my experiences with avid mounts.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: my experiences with avid mounts.

Been using avid billet mounts and tq mounts.

Though i havent gotten it directly from avid, but thru a dealer.

Very solid product. Now still trying to find a good deal on their solid billet mounts.

I hope the problem gets resolve.

Last edited by Zer0_SpeedWorks; 01-11-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hopefully everything gets settled obviously the owner of the company is on here trying to make it right

my friend ran the old avids for his b swap ef and all i remember is when he launched on slicks it ripped the passanger mount a little off the frame rail, and he broke about 4 rear subframe's that hold the rear mount in place, he ripped it right off the subframe

this was years ago and im sure whatever the problem was is fixed now, and hell it probably wasnt even the mounts probably driver error but idk...

i used innovative 95a's a few years ago, yes they are solid and no i never broke anything
Old 01-11-2012, 06:53 PM

Alright children, let's have real talk now....

we all know there are problems - I have been dealing with Avid Racing and Franklin in particular for 6-7 years -- we have all had the same issues whether you want to admit it or not, the consistent thing is at least Franklin does seem to care enough to attempt to fix issues even though the speed and correctness may not be up to par...at some point it is just too much though and Franklin knows what I mean by this....

...to sit here and say things are great, things are wonderful, we are all one big happy family is a load of crap....

....but at the end of the day Avid Racing and Franklin are committed to this industry, this sport and their customers so that goes a long way in most people's efforts to support the Avid Racing brand. When he does get it right Avid Racing will be in really good shape.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ simmer down.... Don't you have a blow tru carb to rebuild ?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by siregcivic
hopefully everything gets settled obviously the owner of the company is on here trying to make it right

my friend ran the old avids for his b swap ef and all i remember is when he launched on slicks it ripped the passanger mount a little off the frame rail, and he broke about 4 rear subframe's that hold the rear mount in place, he ripped it right off the subframe

this was years ago and im sure whatever the problem was is fixed now, and hell it probably wasnt even the mounts probably driver error but idk...

i used innovative 95a's a few years ago, yes they are solid and no i never broke anything
Thanks for your statement :-) you basically explained our mounts did the job! Other component failures shouldn't be due to us, but of other components.

Originally Posted by Innes
Alright children, let's have real talk now....

we all know there are problems - I have been dealing with Avid Racing and Franklin in particular for 6-7 years -- we have all had the same issues whether you want to admit it or not, the consistent thing is at least Franklin does seem to care enough to attempt to fix issues even though the speed and correctness may not be up to par...at some point it is just too much though and Franklin knows what I mean by this....

...to sit here and say things are great, things are wonderful, we are all one big happy family is a load of crap....

....but at the end of the day Avid Racing and Franklin are committed to this industry, this sport and their customers so that goes a long way in most people's efforts to support the Avid Racing brand. When he does get it right Avid Racing will be in really good shape.
James I don't disagree with you at all... We are not perfect and that includes all the customers that we deal with as well. However we will always try very hard to please everyone and a lot of the times we hate saying "no" but that's all changing for the better... I myself appreciate everyone's review on us, as we will work on improving Avid that much more... We've been around for 10 years this year, servicing and supporting this industry. So I'm sure we're doing something right... But nonetheless, there's always room for improvement :-) can't wait to kick off 2012, we thank you all that support our brand and our commit to this industry. See you all very soon ;-)
Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 03-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I used avid mounts on my 2000 Civic Si after popping the stock driver side mount on a burnout, when i got them in i went to install them and the driver one didnt match up, we tried forcing it in thinking we ****ed up, luckily my dealer is a good friend of mine and was with me while installing them, he saw that they just weren't lining up after a couple hours of pulling the motor in and out trying different methods, following the instructions to a T and nothing, so the next morning he contacted avid and was told that the bracket was bent wrong or cut wrong or something along those lines and that he would send a new one right away, it arrived within a week along with torque mounts to make up for down time, the new bracket was slightly different and the motor dropped right in after that, i loved the mounts and never had a problem with them after that

good guys in my book
Old 07-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 01DC4
Avid definitely makes a good product, The biggest problem with Avid is Franklin and the absolute TERRIBLE customer service you receive from simply trying to order something or when you have a problem. Good luck getting it cleared up sound's like a typical Avid experience give it a few more months.
AGREED!!! I have dealt with Franklin myself a few times in the past few years and currently still waiting on a set of Solid Mounts that I paid for and ordered back in the early spring....and now we're halfway through the summer....no mounts....You do eventually get your product......eventually....But the Absolute worst, most terrible customer service EVER.....He has No phone number for you to call, never writes you back unless youre a new customer wanting to spend money... Gets orders messed up, then the problems REALLY begin...4-6 months down the road...you might get your order. I have even offered to pay extra for whatever the cost is to get him to send my order Fed-ex air, just so I could get my order....no way....I even called most of his WELL KNOWN distributors to try and see if they could help me out getting my mounts, and they ALL have the same problem with him...and without naming names, these guys are the BIGGEST names in the Honda Racing industry. They are all backordered on his products and get the same bull**** excuses I have gotten and everyone else gets from him...ALOT of people I have called just decided not to deal with him anymore, they go with Innovative or Hasport which is what I'm prob gonna have to do soon here...I was told on the 9th via a facebook message from him that my mounts ere "shipped Bro " and here it is the 19th and no F*****G mounts yet again!! And I live in Canada!!!! I write him back and asked for a tracking number.......no response.....In AVID Racing language...that means He lied to me and my mounts aren't shipped, hes just trying to bulls**T me into thinking they are....I called the Better Business Bureau, and they know all about him....He's rated the worst rating they can rate a business for bad customer service and repeated complaints by many people out there like me....I'm gonna have to break down next week and order a diff brand of mounts to wash my hands of this guy and his wretched business...So good products??? Definitely....Worth all the trouble?? HELL NO!!! Someone please attend one of his races and knock him out for all of us out here that have had to deal with this. My summer is half over, I have a $10,000 engine on my engine stand, an extra $7000 in upgrades I did this year to get my car to the drag strip which I am NOT gonna be able to do cause the season is half over here, and I even have to ship my car off to another province for tuning so I won't even get to drive my car this summer...there will be frost on the ground before I get to enjoy my car this year....Does Franklin Care?? F**K NO!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You guys are not alone...

To think Im their dealer here in the Philippines I have issues with them day in day out, lied

to and every excuse Franklin can manage...

I went ahead and ask Franklin if hes going to ship out my pending order.

Customer service is a big negative... To the extent that they dont have one...

I have been burned by Franklin for almost a year now... I did their company buy-in and still

Till now im waiting for several mounts to come in or to be shipped to my address in CA.

Lesson for me is not to trust these shady businesses.

Franklin if your are reading this, karma will get you one way or another.