Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

my experiences with avid mounts.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my experiences with avid mounts.

To start my car is a street, daily driven every day of the week, Bseries turbo makes ~350whp on pump and on the occasion it sees race gas and makes ~550whp for the first 2 year it was running, i had stock mount filled with an A&B urethane and had zero problems but wanted to go with a nicer mount so i bought a set of Avids billet urethane race mounts, they lasted about 6 months so i called, emailed, PMed avid to try and get them replaced, finally after a few months i received replacements, i didnt have time to put them in so about a month later i went to work, first thing i noticed was the insert replacements were not all the same hardness so i sent them another email and was told to just put the softer ones on the back side of the mounts, i went to work and replaced the driver and rear trans bushings no problem, went to do the passenger side and noticed that the replacement bushings were almost twice the size so it was a no go. put the car back together and drove it to work , went out one night and made about 5 pulls from about 60mph to freshen up my tune for the summer,and the upcoming IFO. went back to driving home and noticed that the car was not acting the same ,get out and check and sure enuf the the mounts had collapsed again, so i called Franklin sent him a bunch of pics and was told they were braking because of the driver side mount design and he would send me replacements. I asked if i made to much power for the mounts, and he said no i should be fine, and he would just send me replacements but they were waiting on the batch of stiff urethane to come in, call back next Friday, and this went on with me calling every Friday for about a month, untill he said there on the way. after about another month of waiting i received a package, upend it up with the new driver side ek mounting brackets and, 2 sets of the replacements(still no 3rd for the passenger side)
and all the mounts were very soft,i called and he said he would send out more, the guys in shipping must of ****ed up well that was about 2 months ago iv called about twice a week each week, and no answers same with emails so iv just about given up on them

since i cant get what i need, next year will be going with a different brand an a full solid version so I will never have a mount problem again
Avid did say they would upgrade me to the solid mounts for ~$300 and the return of my mounts but i think a will pass

this is not a bash on a company just my experiences
Old 01-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my experiences with avid mounts.

ive used avid mounts on customers car, which have been street driven for years. with no issues like you speak of. are you sure there wasnt some other issue that was causing the mounts to be tweaked in a way that was detrimental to their "survival" ? you situation seems unrealistic to me.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im not here to argue i just wanted to state my case to the public, iv kept my mouth shut for the last year hoping the problems would be solved, but they weren't, the oem filled mounts never had a problem and i was told by Franklin they were braking because of the driver side ek replacement bracket it was "an old design" i have the "new brackes" now but not the right replacement bushings, so i was never able to find out if this would solve the problem.

Last edited by turbo-2nr; 01-11-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2^^ never had a problem or i have ever heard of problems with avid mounts. sounds like you got something else going on causeing your problem. car ever been wrecked? was it a auto with a manual trans mount welded on? i have seen people f those up before.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nope the aprons and rails have never been touched and stock 5 speed from the factory
Old 01-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Avid definitely makes a good product, The biggest problem with Avid is Franklin and the absolute TERRIBLE customer service you receive from simply trying to order something or when you have a problem. Good luck getting it cleared up sound's like a typical Avid experience give it a few more months.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well its been a little over a year since the first time i contacted them (1/18/11) so im not holding my breath any more
Old 01-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no issues with my avid mounts!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turbo-2nr
well its been a little over a year since the first time i contacted them (1/18/11) so im not holding my breath any more
It's been less than a year but regardless sounds like a customer service issue and sending wrong parts and a single employee more than a whole company wide issue. I would try to contact someone other than Franklin.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

we have always had nothing but great experiances with avid.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear about your experience and it seems like its an isolated case. I used to run avid mounts with inserts and upgraded to the solid mounts last year. I never had a problem with either set.

I didn't know Franklin personally then but the service I received was good.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Guys I've been around for about 10+ years with Avid and I've experienced as well as seen a lot in my days. Now I'm not going to deny that we haven't had customer service issues nor myself or Avid have any excuses other then making right to the end user and to our customers. In which we always do. We have much improved throughout the years as well as our products. So anyone has the right to voice their opinion about us.

Brandon, here's the thing. We got your actual pics on March 30/11, then another email on 4/12/11 receiving the first package, then again Sept 8/11( I think this where you said you finally got around to it) Anyway Brandan listen I don't want to get into what he/she said. Yes we made mistake by not sending you out new urethane for the passenger mount. You can say what you would like, but a 62A durometer bushing will handle up to 550 HP and the 75A's that I had sent you will take abuse up to 750 HP to what has been tested. Now, I've sent you 2 packages now and in a span of whatever time matter you claim. But, still an issue. So there is something else going on with the mounts that we are not seeing. I myself am not interested in sending anything anymore. Only because we are not there to see what is actually wrong with the product. This is our fault for trying to have less down time, if there is a problem for customers. After this post, we WILL NOT warranty products like this anymore. We will ONLY warranty products ONLY if it's sent back to us for inspection. Once everything is recondition back in order, we will send it back out. This is what we should have done to avoid any post like this. However, Brandon has every right to post his experience. So Brandon on be half of Avid Racing we apologize for that. If you would like I can have a UPS label emailed to your email and you box it up and sent into us so we can recondition it. After that please make another post to show everyone if you would like what the results are... However just because there is an issue doesn't mean anyone will upgrade you to Pro mounts for free. Let me know if you want me to resolve this by sending in your mounts or you let me know what you would like to come out this.

Last edited by YZFR6; 01-11-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

We use all different type of Avid mounts on all of our customer cars as well as our race cars and we never experienced any problems.

It's great to see Franklin responding quickly to this post!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the issue is franklin is canadian.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TempestRacing
You're just still mad because the Maple Leafs farm team beat the Washington Caps :p
Old 01-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well hopefully it will get resolved , time will only tell
Old 01-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My driver side Avid steel mount bracket broke while I was driving down the road, talk about a ****ed up weekend. I thought I could simply just get another bracket but everywhere I looked was a dead end, very frustrating indeed. I upgraded to the billet Innovative mounts and never looked back.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Avid mounts are well over 5 years old and holding up great!

Do you have torque mounts?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 00_EKHatch
My driver side Avid steel mount bracket broke while I was driving down the road, talk about a ****ed up weekend. I thought I could simply just get another bracket but everywhere I looked was a dead end, very frustrating indeed. I upgraded to the billet Innovative mounts and never looked back.
So why wouldn't you call us and have us warranty it for you? Where did you look? How did it break? Trust me if that happen to me, someone would have heard about it... When I have an issue with anything I use... I call the manufacture or whoever I bought it from.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TempestRacing
lmfao, well put.

on a real note, franklin has always taken care of me, i trust AVID for our cars and customers' cars the same.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Formerly Mike@TSR

I <3 Franklin
Old 01-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How is it that he made that whole statement without one single "eh"?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

u know he was thinkin about it
Old 01-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love my avid mounts, full solid and fit flawlessly. I actually had better luck putting them in than I ever did with OEM mounts. Can't ask for much better than the manufactuer offering to pay for the shipping back to them to check out the mounts and install new inserts. Most refuse to pay the shipping.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by YZFR6AVID
So why wouldn't you call us and have us warranty it for you? Where did you look? How did it break? Trust me if that happen to me, someone would have heard about it... When I have an issue with anything I use... I call the manufacture or whoever I bought it from.
The bracket that went from the engine and around the mount on the body, it literally broke in half and my engine was barley hanging in my bay. And I did call, the only thing the guy said was that the mounts were outdated and that he could only give me a small discount on new ones. I was mad and I decided to put it behind me and go with the Innovative billet mounts for a better price, which are nice no doubt.

Main thing I was trying to get through was my experience and the point that stuff happens, I'm sure you guys have come a long way since the older mounts I had, and have great products. So no hard feelings.