Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

H25 = scammer or not you decide (RESOLVED)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H25 = scammer or not you decide (RESOLVED)

EDIT 5-6-2011
***** see last post *****

Label/Receipt Number: 0310 2640 0001 8350 9239
Expected Delivery Date: April 19, 2011

Delivered, May 04, 2011, 2:32 pm, STOCKHOLM, NJ 07460
Out for Delivery, May 03, 2011, 8:02 am, OAK RIDGE, NJ 07438
Sorting Complete, May 03, 2011, 7:52 am, OAK RIDGE, NJ 07438
Arrival at Post Office, May 02, 2011, 9:30 am, OAK RIDGE, NJ 07438
Acceptance, April 12, 2011, 3:36 pm, IRVINE, CA 92619

Your item was delivered at 2:32 pm on May 04, 2011 in STOCKHOLM, NJ 07460.

I bought 2 valve covers from him (h22-cut & b16) for a great price of $107 shipped.

I have it shipped to a powder coating company.
4-5 days after it arrives I email/call the company to see if all the valve covers were in good condition as pictured.

The powder company says they didn't receive any h22 cover which was CUT on the side for cam gears but they did receive the other several gsr, b16, h23 & h22 covers I had bought that same week (from other buyers who also shipped direct to the coating company)

I PM Max (H25) for the tracking # to see if i can verify weights. He shipped it via USPS which online doesn't show shipping weight.

Luckily, Max keeps great records & said the USPS shipping receipt says shipping weight of 13.6lbs.

I hesitated cause that seems pretty light for 2 valve covers which were suppose to be boxed up well with stuffing to ensure they don't get damaged.

After I go through all my recent Fedex receipts of VALVE COVERS sold/shipped, I can logically conclude that Max only shipped me 1 cover since I got 1 cover and the shipping weight was 13.6lbs

I PM Max, he does offer to help me solve the issue but refuses to admit the logical fact that the box was too light to have contained 2 valve covers.

I email him and PM him my phone # so we can talk it out but he doesn't call.
I give him 3 days to reply with his proposed solution and warn him that I will have to attempt to get MODs involved.

Now were are at this point.
I'm not sure what to do cause I believe that when something is wrong, it needs to be fixed, so I can't just let someone wrong me & not do anything.

More info below.

Last edited by Charlie Moua; 05-06-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H25 = sammer or not you decide

Max I'm giving you some options which I think they are very reasonable.

a) please allow me to prove my logic by PROVING to you the weight of a boxed up SINGLE B series valve cover & shipping weight of H series valve covers boxed up.
I will attempt to do this by:

1) Using fedex reciptes within the past 4 months of honda-tech.com users who have bought either single B or H series valve covers from me and that I've shipped to them.
I will release their user name & type of cover they bought & their shipping invoice

2) contact people that I have bought B or H series valve covers from who they SHIPPED to me. And see if they have copy of their receipt showing shipping weight.

3) Post a video (2-3 mins) of me boxing up H & B series covers out side of fedex, bring them to fedex employee to weigh (seperately & together) all while someone else is recording.

b) If your not happy with my results, YOU PROVE that BOTH valve covers with minimal padding in a 22x18x5 box (that's really small box for shipping valve covers) would only weigh 13.6llbs

c) you refund me $40 - that is the cost we agreed on the H22-cut on cam gear side valve cover. I'll eat the cost of shipping even though I paid for shipping rates of 2 valve covers. I won't ask for 50% of the $107 price.

d) you just ignore the fact & hope I go away

c) you leave it up to me to make sure people know that your too strong willed to accept reasonable logic and proposed solution and try to get you banned

For the record Max, I think you do a lot of selling like me, we probably ship out 5-10 boxes or more per weekend (you more than me) so I don't think you tried to scam me because if you did, you would of sent me no cover, or a flaky b16 cover (which was not the case cause the B16 cover i got was mint). However I do believe that you made a shipping mistake & need to correct it. By NOT acknowledging it or NOT attempt to correct it would make you a scammer. I've done it in the past and have owned up to it by refunding people, paying for return shipping ect. Even large companies have mix-up on sending wrong items to wrong people.

Last edited by Charlie Moua; 04-30-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have all of my PM history for every seller I've sold to.

I could include the PM between Max & from day 1, but I didn't see the need to. Max if your reading this feel free to cut & past our conversation too.

Below is the PM history after I found out about the shipping issue, read Max's reason for not feeling he owes me anything.

Originally Posted by Charlie Moua
Originally Posted by H25
Originally Posted by H25
0310 2640 0001 8350 9239

I bought an h22(cut) and b16 (large VTEC, uncut) from you for $107.69
it was shipped to my coating company in NJ and they said they did not get any "cut" h22 cover. I didn't ask about the b16 cover yet but if you put it in the same box then i'm assuming it's not there too.

I've had over 60 covers coated with them with no issues, plus i work direct with the owner of the coating company, so I have to trust that their shipping depart did not get the H22(cut).

In the month of april alone, I bought 3 other H22 covers all stock non cut, from online forms and they got them but they didn't recieve any H22 cover that was cut on the came gear. I even showed them the picture in your FS add that I saved.

So can you please check your USPS reciepte and scan me a copy of it?
cause the tracking # doesn't show the weight of the item BUT the recipte will.

I always ship fedex cause their tracking numbers shows the exact weight, which in this case can help prove my case to my coating company that you did ship 2 covers and their recieving department may have misplaced it.

Please help me solve this delima - thanks Charlie

Hi Charlie,

First of all I'm very sorry to hear this. But, this the reason I keep good records. I do have the receipt and it says the package is 13 lbs and 16 oz. I know I shipped both valve covers to you and the evidence proves that. There is no way one can fall out. I shipped it to the address you wanted me to send it to. If you are saying you did not receive one of the valve covers its simply because someone took it or it was misplaced. If you have no control over receiving your package. Anything can happen. I have no reason to keep a valve cover I have no use for. I sell thousands of dollars in parts since Ive been on HT. I'm not going to jeopardize that over a 40 dollar valve cover. Every one of my for sale threads are full of happy people who always got what they wanted. I will do anything in my power to help you. So, just let me know how I can help?

I just sent a picture of the receipt for the blue h series cut valve cover and the b16a uncut valve cover I shipped you. Thanks

Max-
can you email it to me at chianengmoua@yahoo.com......
thanks for your assistance in this.

Max, thanks for being professional. I did get email from the coating company. They did get the B16 cover but not the H22.

Here is my logical thoughs on what happened. You only shipped out the b16 cover and not the H22. I think it was an honest mistake on your part.

I say that because I looked back at all my fedex recipts (i've sold a lot of coated covers on this site & other web sites) with that said i'm use to boxing up single covers to be shipped. I looked at all my reciptes and matched them to peoples names & what cover they ordered.
These are my average weights of each cover (boxe 23x18x5) with a good amount of crunked up newspapers & single wrap foam paper.

D series 6 lbs max
B series 10 lbs max
H series 12 lbs max
K series 15 lbs max (requires bigger box)

So if your box weighted 13 lbs 16oz that would explain why the coating company only got the B16 cover.

If you need copies of my fedex reciptes & match it with user names who have bought individual H & B covers from me, I can provide contact info and copies of fedex recipte to confirm "valve cover/weight" approximation.

But even if you grabbed someones h22 cover and weight it by itself it would come to 9lbs and a stock B cover by itself is 7.5lbs

I think your b16 cover probably was in a larger thicker box thats why it was 13lbs. I'm a cheap skate and I cut boxes to the ideal shape per valve cover to save weight on shipping. LOL so that's why you'll see my weights on shipped covers are always with .5lbs of eachother.

LMK if that makes sense. or Please provide your logic too.
Thank you for being understanding & professional. We are two parts hustler, and as much selling as we do, we do make mistakes. I've made a few shipping errors myself when boxes are all the same i've shipped wrong cover to wrong person to. lol

I would still like an h22 cover cut on the side or stock as long as it's doesn't have any dents in the surface. If you can't find a H series, i'll take a B16 VTEC or K series cover in it's place. If your not able to get one then I'll have to expect a refund of some sort.

Thanks - Charlie Moua

Charlie,

If you weren't there to receive your product you paid for. I'm sorry but that is negligence on your part. I always get things shipped directly to me. That way you can contact the seller immediately if something is wrong. There is no way I just forgot to add your valve cover into the box. Because, I remember having to press down on box to get it to close. It was snug and I used a lot of tape. You must not know how heavy a 10 lbs weight is. There is no way valve covers weigh as much as you claim. That is just ridiculous.

There is no reason to refund you. Just because you claim you didn't get it. You were not even there to accept your own package according to you. That means you lose by default. You contact me days after the package arrives. You have absolutely no proof. Not even any pictures. I purchased insurance for the package in the amount of 100 dollars. If the box came opened or it was missing something. You can file a claim with USPS.

If you need my help dealing with the post office. I would be happy to assist you in any way I can. This is all I can do for you. Thanks

Max

Max, let us be rational here. I want to be factual and netural as possible and think through this clearly with you.

The notion/argument that by shipping it to an address other than my own, some how is "negligenent on my part" or that I loose by "default" is simply dosen't hold up to counter arugement.

That would imply that for EXAMPLE if you shipped it to MY home, and I was on vacation; I am being negligent. Even though someone in my household was there to bring the box inside the house.

If this was a case of negligence, the entire retail industry needs some correction because online store allow buyers to ship to different addresses. Reguardless if the buyer is the reciever or not.

Does that make sense?

I'm not saying I didn't recieve your package, I'm saying that I didn't recieve BOTH items that I paid for.

If i was trying to defruad you, there are more profitable ways such as saying i didn't recieve both cover, or both covers were damaged and i need you to make an insurance claim and refund me. But all i would like to do is get what I paid for.

Your statement is this:
1) you shipped out 2 covers
2) it was usps with tracking and your recipte says 13.6lbs.

I cannot disprove your 1st reason, but I can disprove the 2nd proof.

Here is how i can prove you only shipped 1 cover.

1)
I can take my flip recorder and show me weighing and H & B cover.
on multiple scales (digital or srung), or even walk into the food market place and weigh it on their scale or walk into fedex (if they let me) and show me using their scale.

2) I can provide you forum member user id, names, phone# and MATCHING scanned copies of recipte shipping to them their coat B or H valve covers. All my reciptes show that B series cover would weigh 10 lbs max & H series 12 lbs max

This is a matter of shipping weight. If you can prove to me that B & H cover boxed with light newspaper stuffing weigh 13lbs or less, i'll drop my case.

If you cannot prove that ^^^, then let me do the work, and let me prove to you how much a H & B cover weights.

Please prove your point to me. I don't want to get a mod invoved simply because we can can agree the SIMPLE FACT that B16 & H22 cover in a box does not weigh 13lbs. Not possible.

Please call me or pm me your phone# please
i'd like to call you after work 5pm so we can talk it through.

Charlie Moua

After my PM above, this is where Max didn't reply back for 3 days but did have time to continue to sell parts on honda-tech & "bump" his threads.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *** VOUCH for ....Charlie Moua buy/sell/ friend - local ect

Originally Posted by H25
This is in response to your your trashing of my for sale threads.

I will only respond to pms on HT. Because I'm keeping them for records. So, please stop emailing me asking me personal questions. You're not talking to some dumb kid. You're embarrassing yourself....

You are a scammer. Please go away now.

Regardless, I'm ready with my paperwork. I knew the moment you started pming me You were going to be trouble. Acting shady, fake emails, BS stories.... Lesson learned. Guys, stay away for this guy if he pms you asking to buy stuff. SHADY CHARACTER!!
See link is signature.
You know Max, by not doing anything about the situation to resolve it, you are in deed leaving it up for me alone to try and correct. No action is action right?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:44 AM
H25
Honda-Tech Member

Charlie,

Your entire story and everything that came out of your mouth from the moment you started pming me reeked of a scam. Why don't you call the USPS and make a claim. I paid for insurance. Since you are claiming the package came opened. If what you're saying is true means that you don't even know what's going on for sure. Because, you were not there to receive and sign for the package. That is pure negligence on your part. Not to mention that you had me send the valve covers to an address other then your own. There are so many variables that you cannot make accusations like this. Simply contact the USPS and be done with it.

Instead you insist on trying to damage my perfect sellers rep. By acting like a child and trashing my threads. Look where that got you?? Mods came in and deleted your posts. You can talk until your blue in the face. If you have a problem with your package being tampered with prior to arriving then that is a problem with you and the shipping company. I told you from the start if you need my help I will submit my documentation. Which I have all in order.

"I hesitated cause that seems pretty light for 2 valve covers which were suppose to be boxed up well with stuffing to ensure they don't get damaged."

I told you I found a light weight box that fit both valve covers perfectly and it only needed a few shreds of paper. It was a really tight fit and the box was taped so well there was absolutely no movement. Not even 1/4 lb worth of packing material was added. But, you wouldn't know that allegedly. Because you had the item shipped to a business and had no control over it.

I don't want to talk to you on the phone. You are clearly an emotionally unstable person. If you have something to say. Say it here... Look at how you go about handling this situation. Cursing my name in your signature. You are such a child. Yet, you are the one trying to scam me. You publicly call me a scammer. You were so angry while typing the subject of this thread. You misspelled scammer and called me a sammer. Give the poor keyboard a rest Charlie. You need to go back to school or stay in it and pay attention. Your spelling and grammar speaks volumes about the person you are behind your monitor.

I'm not going to stoop to your level and make brightly colored signatures trying to draw attention. Too bad your planned back fired because. I have responded to you with the facts. Keep advertising this thread. So, more people can see how you really behave. You're digging your own grave.

I don't sell that many parts a day or a week like you claim. I have never shipped the wrong part or forgot to ship something. But, you obviously do as I can illustrate here in the last reply before your thread was locked...

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2913132

Here are the facts:

You have No proof this even happened, You have No pictures to back up your claims, Which I have asked you for several times and gotten No response. You contact me 1 week after the parts arrived and all of a sudden you're missing a valve cover because some random person supposedly told you they opened up the box and there was only one cover. You don't even know this for sure because, again you were not even there. So all of a sudden I must have made a mistake? Yea right. I lightly packed 1 b16a valve cover and 1 h22 valve cover in a perfectly sized box and taped it really tight so, that they would not move. The box was not heavy and they both weighed in at 13 lbs 11.6 oz.

I have just poked several holes in your story. You were negligent in having the parts shipped to a business, with employees. Anything can happen there. You have 0 control over who signs for the package or how many hands it exchanges. Who opened it, where it goes etc.... You complicated this transaction and added in too many variables. That is your fault. If that's even the case. Because I think you got the both valve covers and you're just upset that you cannot make as much money re selling the parts you bought from me. So, you think you can try and scam me over 40 bucks. No, I don't think so Charlie.

If you need 40 bucks that badly tell me in this thread that you need to buy school supplies. Pay for food, or gas and I will gladly send you some money. I'm not going to argue with you about this anymore. GL to you.

Contact the post office and file a claim for lost goods. Trying to extort 40 dollars from the shipper is not going to work.

I have responded to all of your ridiculous claims.

Yet, you have NOT responded to any of the facts that I have presented.....

Last edited by H25; 04-30-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:21 AM
H25
Honda-Tech Member

See link is signature.
You know Max, by not doing anything about the situation to resolve it, you are in deed leaving it up for me alone to try and correct. No action is action right?
You are such a child Charlie. This is the reason I don't want to talk to you on the phone. You are clearly an emotionally unstable person. You call me names in public thinking this will somehow help you? I don't think so. In fact I have responded to your out landish claims in your SAMMER thread. Now everyone will know what a lunatic you are.

Anyone who has or even believes that 1 b16a and 1 cut h22 valve covers weigh over 20 lbs. Please respond...

Charlie do yourself a favor and go to the gym and pickup a 20 lbs weight. Then ask yourself does 2 aluminum valve covers one that is "cut" actually weigh more?? Let me help you. The answer is No, it's not. Nobody is going to believe that ridiculous story.

If you need money for books, or you need to pay for gas or food. Let me know and I will happily donate some money your way. Don't think you're going to scam me with your BS story. It's so primitive you might as well do a smash and grab robbery. That way you wont be making a fool of yourself in front of people here.

Last edited by H25; 04-30-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by H25
You are such a child Charlie. This is the reason I don't want to talk to you on the phone. You are clearly an emotionally unstable person. You call me names in public thinking this will somehow help you? I don't think so. In fact I have responded to your out landish claims in your SAMMER thread. Now everyone will know what a lunatic you are.

Anyone who has or even believes that 1 b16a and 1 cut h22 valve covers weigh over 20 lbs. Please respond...

Charlie do yourself a favor and go to the gym and pickup a 20 lbs weight. Then ask yourself does 2 aluminum valve covers one that is "cut" actually weigh more?? Let me help you. The answer is No, it's not. Nobody is going to believe that ridiculous story.

If you need money for books, or you need to pay for gas or food. Let me know and I will happily donate some money your way. Don't think you're going to scam me with your BS story. It's so primitive you might as well do a smash and grab robbery. That way you wont be making a fool of yourself in front of people here.
max please be professional
I have edit my post off your FS thread and you should extend the courty to do the same.

Also please keep the reply on the thread I created for you in my signature.
Thanks - Charlie Moua
Old 04-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay before we start, I’m going to change the format a bit. This is so that I address all your comments & so that you will get a chance to address each one of my directly. I don’t want us to go around in circles & waste time. I just need you to pick one of the options I laid out.
What it comes down to are these 2 arguments & who can prove their case.
1) Charlie claims you accidently mailed out 1 cover and not 2
2) Max claims you did mail out 2 covers

Originally Posted by H25

Charlie,
Your entire story and everything that came out of your mouth from the moment you started pming me reeked of a scam. Why don't you call the USPS and make a claim. I paid for insurance. Since you are claiming the package came opened.

Max, I never said the box came opened. Please re-read my post. I'm saying that you only shipped 1 valve cover.

Also how did my PM “reek of being a scam” ?
Was I ghetto, didn’t answer all your questions, didn’t provide you my reasons for asking for low pricing, my intent on what I will do with the covers? You can ask everyone that I’ve ever bought a valve cover from, I’ve told them up front that I buy them to re-coat to make extra money. I am not business, I just buy and resell everything from oem parts, to motors, to valve covers ect.

Also I've never made a claim with USPS before, can you provide me with a copy of your receipt?
From my experience, it's the shipper’s insurance coverage NOT the receivers.
I think it would be easier to for the 'seller" to make a claim, no?
But please let me know how it works and I will try to get a claim going.

Please be careful of what you’re saying.... because you cannot impose a double standard.
You cannot expect me to take pictures of the box when it's received just as you’re not able to take a picture right before you shipped it right? If you can and did take picture that would be awesome to see.
I wouldn't ask someone to go to that extent to prove the reasonable content of their package. BUT since you NOR I can provide counter proof of PICTURES, let us use something we BOTH do have proof of such as our receipt of shipped B or H valve covers we have sold/shipped.

Originally Posted by H25
Contact the post office and file a claim for lost goods. Trying to extort 40 dollars from the shipper is not going to work.
Wait a sec…. you just said that I should try to make a claim with USPS and that you would help me but now you’re saying it won’t work? I hope you didn't plan on leading me to a dead-end.

Originally Posted by H25
If what you're saying is true means that you don't even know what's going on for sure. Because, you were not there to receive and sign for the package. That is pure negligence on your part. Not to mention that you had me send the valve covers to an address other than your own. There are so many variables that you cannot make accusations like this. Simply contact the USPS and be done with it.
Max, as I’ve already told you that your justification for denying any responsibility is flawed.
Shall I repeat myself?
The notion/argument that by shipping it to an address other than my own somehow is "negligent on my part" or that I lose by "default" is simply doesn’t hold up to counter argument.

That would imply that for EXAMPLE if you shipped it to MY home, and I was on vacation; I am being negligent. Even though someone in my household was there to bring the box inside the house.

If this was a case of negligence, the entire online retail industry needs some correction because online store allow buyers to ship to different addresses. Regardless if the buyer is the receiver or not.

Does that make sense?
Can we agree on this? Many people will agree. Because that’s how the retail industry operates already.
You are correct that there are “soooo many variables” in which we cannot control therefore I cannot call you a scammer. Let us ONLY FOCUS ON 1, is that fair & simplistic enough and lets that make it shipping weight.

Originally Posted by H25
Instead you insist on trying to damage my perfect seller’s rep. By acting like a child and trashing my threads. Look where that got you?? Mods came in and deleted your posts. You can talk until your blue in the face. If you have a problem with your package being tampered with prior to arriving then that is a problem with you and the shipping company. I told you from the start if you need my help I will submit my documentation. Which I have all in order.

Max, please don’t put words in my mouth. If it’s one thing I am great at in careful word selection.
I never said the box was tampered with. That is not an issue so please don’t inject that thought only to distract the readers of this thread.
Since I don’t want you to assume I’m going to be very clear:
The box was received & still tapped up the b16 cover was not damaged at all in anyway.
Max you never offered to make a claim on your part. If you would of said that in the beginning I would of never started this thread.

I PM you Sat 4-23 to let you know of the issue and yet you say it I had the cover for over week? Please check the PM dates. On 4-27, I PM you & wanted you to reply by Friday or else I’ll have to report this case to a MOD. Please don’t change the words around, it was I that mentioned I would contact a MOD, not you.
In your last PM you didn’t instruct me to make a claim, you simply brushed me off like I was a scammer. I offered to provide you with reasonable proof but I did not get a reply back. Am I correct on this?
I didn’t hear back from even though I emailed and PM you. It would be different if I saw that your last log-in time was on Wes but I clearly saw you bumping your FS threads from Wes to Friday as you left me no choice. I had to post on you FS thread to get your attention which it worked. I’m sorry that it had to go this far, as I do not know why you have not yet replied to my PM.
Now that I got your attention, I edited my post in your thread. And when this is settled, I’ll edit my signature link = )
Please edit your post in my thread. If we are going to hash it out verbally let’s not have multiple threads where we have to keep cutting and pasting conversations. One thread is enough, would you agree?

Originally Posted by H25
I told you I found a light weight box that fit both valve covers perfectly and it only needed a few shreds of paper. It was a really tight fit and the box was taped so well there was absolutely no movement. Not even 1/4 lb. worth of packing material was added. But, you wouldn't know that allegedly. Because you had the item shipped to a business and had no control over it.
So you’re an experienced. I’m not sure if you’ve sold many valve covers but I’ve sold several and bought sellers (more than 50) & right from the start I found out that when you ship valve covers it’s best to use a box that has min of 1” all around it because if you don’t the corners of the valve covers can chip easily during shipping due to old cast aluminum that can be brittle.
I made that point to make this. I doubt you would just ship a b16 cover & h22 cover in a box with little to no padding on the corners, top & bottom side.

Originally Posted by H25
I don't want to talk to you on the phone. You are clearly an emotionally unstable person. If you have something to say. Say it here... Look at how you go about handling this situation. Cursing my name in your signature. You are such a child. Yet, you are the one trying to scam me. You publicly call me a scammer. You were so angry while typing the subject of this thread. You misspelled scammer and called me a sammer. Give the poor keyboard a rest Charlie. You need to go back to school or stay in it and pay attention. Your spelling and grammar speaks volumes about the person you are behind your monitor.

Max, how is it that I am “You are clearly an emotionally unstable person” have I done something to indicate that? I am not the one calling you names such as “child, unstable person, immature, ect” please talk to me as an adult. If you look at each of my PM I tried to send to you it was never directive, always opened ended so that I would leave it open for you to step in and suggest a solution. In addition, this is the internet and there’s no need for anyone to police grammar. Please stop insulting me and let’s get down to proving our case.

Originally Posted by H25
I'm not going to stoop to your level and make brightly colored signatures trying to draw attention. Too bad your planned back fired because. I have responded to you with the facts. Keep advertising this thread. So, more people can see how you really behave. You're digging your own grave.

My intentions are clear, to draw attention to the case. I don’t do any more or any less than is needed. When this case is settled things will be deleted. Is it effective yet non threating and I would say the method is rather prudent and not extreme at all. I’m sorry if you feel that I’m playing “dirty” or something. I hope I’m not digging my own grave or yours, I hope you do respond to my claims and disprove me. If you can disprove me I’m 100% happy with being wrong.

Originally Posted by H25
I don't sell that many parts a day or a week like you claim. I have never shipped the wrong part or forgot to ship something. But, you obviously do as I can illustrate here in the last reply before your thread was locked...
http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2913132

If you didn’t catch the compliment (about you selling a lot), I apologize. In regards to Parker, it’s quite actually funny that you bring it up. You see his cover and my cover are identical (he wanted one like mine) and when it came it I shipped the wrong one. I had him meet me at work to drop off the valve cover to get coated and when it came back he was supposed to pick it up. Take a look for yourself:

Parkers:

Mine (notice my fittings are media blasted & I welded the oem brass hole shut)

When I was expecting payment for shipping after the cover came in, Park said that I told him it was $__xx.xx__ shipping included. I didn’t argue & just said that’s fine I won’t charge for shipping. Then I ship him my cover and not his. He lives 1.5hrs from me, so when I got saw this post (same date in that thread) I texted him & after work I drove in mild ice storm to his place to swap covers the same night.

Originally Posted by H25
Here are the facts:
You have No proof this even happened, You have No pictures to back up your claims, Which I have asked you for several times and gotten No response. You contact me 1 week after the parts arrived and all of a sudden you're missing a valve cover because some random person supposedly told you they opened up the box and there was only one cover. You don't even know this for sure because, again you were not even there. So all of a sudden I must have made a mistake? Yea right. I lightly packed 1 b16a valve cover and 1 h22 valve cover in a perfectly sized box and taped it really tight so, that they would not move. The box was not heavy and they both weighed in at 13 lbs 11.6 oz.
I have just poked several holes in your story. You were negligent in having the parts shipped to a business, with employees. Anything can happen there. You have 0 control over who signs for the package or how many hands it exchanges. Who opened it, where it goes etc.... You complicated this transaction and added in too many variables.

You are correct, I have no control how many hands touch my cover or the department that opens the boxes. But you also cannot control that.

Originally Posted by H25
That is your fault. If that's even the case. Because I think you got the both valve covers and you're just upset that you cannot make as much money re selling the parts you bought from me. So, you think you can try and scam me over 40 bucks. No, I don't think so Charlie.

I do admit I’m a little strange then most and only people like me will understand. You see, I buy and sell parts all the time. Sometimes I buy it for a future build, most of the time I buy it just because I see a good deal knowing I could clean it up or fix it and resell it. I do this (buy/sell parts) because I selfishly like to know I can “got it”-the ability to make money outside of my insurance job. Secondly, because I’m more of a person that likes to buy/selling experience… the art of making deals, kind of like a how some people prefer the thrill of a case/hunt…. Kind of like that I guess. Lastly I do it because I light the compliments people give me. But again if you’re not like that you won’t understand. But guys that have owned +10 hondas before their 35 will understand where I’m coming from. lol

I made that point to make this point:
If you ask any guy that has gotten a cover form me I make about $15-20… after core, coating, shipping and I charge lower than anyone I’ve seen thus far, that’s how I sell a lot of coated covers. I never over charge, sometimes when I overcharge people for shipping rates, I issue refund (if greater than $3-4). Ask anyone that has bought from me. I’m upfront and very through on expectations of product and pricing. If you look back at your PM, I must of ask you about the condition of the valve cover several of times, and when you didn’t have enough pictures, I even asked you for more pictures. That wasn’t an attempt to scam you, it was attempt to know 100% what condition of valve cover I’m getting.

Originally Posted by H25
If you need 40 bucks that badly tell me in this thread that you need to buy school supplies. Pay for food, or gas and I will gladly send you some money. I'm not going to argue with you about this anymore. GL to you.
Yes please send me $40 refund via PayPal. I would greatly appreciate it.
With that said I would not feel content until I’ve proved my original point which is a b16 & H22 would not weigh 13.6lbs. Since I have offered you to PROVE it and you have not, I will end this by PROVING what I can.

I don’t want you to just give me the money. (I can’t believe I’m saying this)… but It’s about the principle. I want to earn my $40 IF you’re not genuinely happy to refund me.

As I mentioned before here are ways I can prove my case if you will allow me to do so:

1) Using fedex receipts within the past 4 months of honda-tech.com users who have bought either single B or H series valve covers from me and that I've shipped to them.
I will release their user name & type of cover they bought & their shipping invoice

2) contact people that I have bought B or H series valve covers from who they SHIPPED to me. And see if they have copy of their receipt showing shipping weight.

3) Post a video (2-3 mins) of me boxing up H & B series covers outside of fedex, bring them to fedex employee to weigh (separately & together) all while someone else is recording.

I’ll do step 1 and I hope this is “enough” proof, but if you want more, let me know.
I’ll list some d series covers too just for the sake of shipping weight “approx. ”to compare with. But just focus on the B & H series ones that apply in our situation.

D18y8 – DARA97EK – 5.40 lbs

B16 - b0osted iinteg = 8.50 lbs
D16z6 Clubcivic.com - Kast014 = 5.20 lbs

A6 - Mr.Cheezil = 5.60 lbs
A6 - d-series.org – preludepatrick = 5.10lbs
A6 – Robb = 5.00 lbs
H23 – preludeonline.com - = 9.30 lbs

Z6 - 1sikhatch = 5.87 lbs

Z6 bbsccr01 = 5.60lbs
LS – zach (from craigs list) = 7.90 lbs
H22 – preludeonline.com jabarilikewo - = 9.30

H22 - preludeonline.com Hazardouz10 = 9.90 lbs

H22 – kmeng = 9.80 lbs

GSR - 0930_SI = 9.00 lbs

GSR (completely cut cam cover) - morganm58 = 7.40 lbs

These are only dating back to March, if you would like more data I could get receipts up to Jan 2011 (probably showing 10 or more B & H covers shipped)

So what conclusion can be drawn from this:
**** I would be hard to ship a B16 & H22 cover in a small box and only have it weigh 13.6lbs…. maybe 2 D series but for sure not 2 B series, let alone a B & H together.

Originally Posted by H25
I have responded to all of your ridiculous claims.
Yet, you have NOT responded to any of the facts that I have presented.....

I can’t respond to any of your “comments” (since they are not facts) because they not provable on both our sides:

- You cannot prove you sent me 2 covers just as I cannot prove my company got 2 covers
- You cannot prove someone at USPS opened the box and stole the cover while in shipping just as I cannot prove that an employee at the coating company did the same
- And finally the notion that I was “irresponsible or negligent” for not having it shipped to my address is not the ULTIMATE factor which would indicate your notion that I’m trying to scam you.

At the end of the day because of factors (above) we cannot prove/disprove we have logical reasoning to go off of which would lead to indicate:

a) You cannot prove you shipped 2 covers aside from your memory and word. Your shipping weight of 13.6lbs says otherwise when compared to my examples.

b) I cannot prove that some random package handler (USPS or shipping & receiving department of the coating company) opened up the package and stole the H22 cut cam cover & left the mint B16 cover.

c) And finally let us conclude that bogus notion that I was “irresponsible or negligent” for not having it shipped to my address is not the ULTIMATE factor which would indicate your notion that I’m trying to scam you.

d) As I mentioned before, I don’t think you tried to scam me. I think it was a shipping mistake.

Originally Posted by H25

Everyone needs money Max, myself included. Once again, be careful how you word things cause your implying that I’m a beggar which I am not. The same assumption can be made towards you that your unwilling to give me the refund because you too much in need of money. We go nowhere with this type of talk that’s why you won’t see me make any comments such as that (unless I’m using it as example).

I believe I proved my case (I could try harder). Yes I would like a refund of $40.00
I wish it didn’t have to go thus far. Once I have received the refund, I’ll edit my signature, have moderators delete this thread and we both can go on selling parts and staying clear of each other.

Lessons should be learned on both our parts. I know I’ve learned something valuable which should prevent this type of incident from occurring again.

Last edited by Charlie Moua; 05-01-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you said you would reply to PM but I've yet have received a PM since last wes.

? how do we settle this ?
Old 05-01-2011, 02:31 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would be hard to ship a B16 & H22 cover in a small box and only have it weigh 13.6lbs…. maybe 2 D series but for sure not 2 B series, let alone a B & H together.
i don't even know why i'm getting more involved in this than i already am. the marketplace here is buyer/seller beware - use at your own risk. but in the interest of hopefully someday NEVER HEARING ABOUT THIS SITUATION AGAIN...

i have to say the part i quoted seems to be the ultimate problem. the ship weight apparently doesn't match the weight of the items that were claimed to have been sent.

H25, please explain how you managed to ship two valve covers for what seems to be entirely too little in terms of total shipment weight. i can't prove the weight, but someone can, somewhere. from the info Moua is posting, it seems the total weight should be 16-17lbs. i can't prove that weight, as i don't have the valve covers, but someone can. nothing else really matters from what i can see - it's all hearsay, anecdote, speculation, etc. the weight is the clincher.

in for an answer and hopefully a damned solution.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah if my shipping receipts are not good enough
I can PM some of the people on here who i have bought B & H covers from and ask if they still have their receipts.... it's a stretch but hey, it's worth a shot.

If I don't ever get my money back I think i've proved my point and this thread will stay up. If I happen to get my money back then this tread will be deleted by me and the only comment H25 will see is "I had shipping issue but Max made it right".

Life goes on. - Charlie Moua -
Old 05-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its my valve cover..haha..anyways, regarding to my valve cover, charlie did send out the wrong one, but that same day we had talked about this situation as both valve covers seem to look identical, he told me he would just drive up even after shipping the wrong one to me. He drove through the crappy wisconsin weather and personally dropped it off at my place. I can say is that I can vouch for charlie and that he seems to be a pretty straight forward guy.

I hope you guys can figure this situation out.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:27 PM
H25
Honda-Tech Member

Charlie,

The weights you are quoting and Your receipts don't apply here. For the simple fact that You get the valve covers powder coated. That's why you use bigger boxes and use lots of packaging material to ensure they don't get damaged. So, You can stop beating that drum.

I shipped you 2 valve covers and the h series was cut. As in the section that covers the timing belt was cut off almost completely. Which also makes it weigh significantly less. Both valve covers were stacked right on top of each other and only a few shreds of paper were needed. The box was barely big enough to hold them both and I had to rely on the tape to keep the box closed. That is why the package weighed 13.6 lbs.

Here is a picture I sent you of the b16a valve cover. This is the box I used. You can clearly see how it's a perfect size and would be very snug with another valve cover stacked on top of it with a few shreds of paper between. Thus, not needing the extra padding you would normally use when shipping these items (adding a substantial amount of weight). That's why the package weighed a few lbs less then what you are trying to claim in your argument.

Here is a picture of the H series valve cover in question. Kinda hard to tell but whoever cut it didn't do that great of a job. I think this is where Charlie realized it might not be worth the risk in paying to have it powder coated and not be able to sell it.

Don't try and quote your individually and heavily packaged powder coated valve covers with 2 used valve covers shoved in a small box and taped up. To be the same weight or what You think they should weigh. Because, you didn't ship the covers in question. You're comparing apples to oranges.... Let's stick to the facts.

I have one simple question for you... You used PAYPAL. Since you are so convinced that I sent you one valve cover instead of the 2. Why don't you just dispute the charge with PAYPAL?? So simple... I don't get it. Is it because you know they will conduct an investigation?? Kind of like what I told you the USPS would do?? For a person with all the evidence you claim to have. What's stopping you?? Why are you reluctant to contact them??? I'm ready to deal with this and neither of us have any influence with them. Let PAYPAL decide. Honda-tech is not a judge and jury. You are simply doing this to make a spectacle of yourself. Man up and file a claim with USPS or PAYPAL.

Last edited by H25; 05-03-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:56 PM
H25
Honda-Tech Member

I think you got buyers remorse after purchasing both valve covers. You realized You couldn't sell the cut H series valve cover to anyone. Because they would want it uncut naturally.

So, you came up with a bogus story that some guy from another shop said only one valve cover came in the box. Then threaten to get me banned of HT in hopes that I would get scared and cough up 40 bucks and just pay you to be quite. As you so eloquently wrote in a PM. Let me know if you want me to post it.

Why don't you just admit that you cannot sell the cut h series valve cover and be honest about it. Send it back to me and I will refund you the 40 bucks. No questions... I will even split the shipping cost with you. How is that for wanting to be fair and work with you??

You are Losing this debate because, you story has way too many holes in it. You have No proof, No pictures, You didn't ship it to your own address, You let anyone sign for the package. You had no control over how many hands it exchanged before you even saw it. You waited too long to contact me. You were negligent. Plain and simple.

I would appreciate it if you take down that signature now. I have offered you a sensible approach to deal with this matter. Now, do you want to continue this charade or do you want to be a man take this over to PM's and come up with a solution like grown ups? I will let you decide.

Last edited by H25; 05-03-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 AM
H25
Honda-Tech Member

max please be professional
Charlie Moua
I suppose that colorful and childish signature you're trying to mock me with and Your actions prior this thread that You also created is being professional? You don't have a leg to stand on in this argument either. You're making yourself look even worse by saying that.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sammer
Old 05-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by H25
Charlie,
The weights you are quoting and Your receipts don't apply here. For the simple fact that You get the valve covers powder coated. That's why you use bigger boxes and use lots of packaging material to ensure they don't get damaged. So, You can stop beating that drum.
As I’ve told you and anyone who has bought anything from me from heads, to spindles to valve covers, or even gauges, I use the smallest box possible with out compromising safety BEACAUSE I ship with Fedex (better claims process, tracking, faster parcel ground & packages handled better (from experience).

**** UPDATE: Your valve covers arrived on May 4th not April 14th as it originally indicated on USPS unreliable tracking system. At this point, I could care less if your receipt says 13 lbs or 30lbs as long as I have it now. Now you can stop “beating the drum” that I was negligent because you haven’t made any rational argument to support it.

Originally Posted by H25
Here is a picture of the H series valve cover in question. Kinda hard to tell but whoever cut it didn't do that great of a job. I think this is where Charlie realized it might not be worth the risk in paying to have it powder coated and not be able to sell it.

I think you got buyers remorse after purchasing both valve covers. You realized You couldn't sell the cut H series valve cover to anyone. Because they would want it uncut naturally.

So, you came up with a bogus story that some guy from another shop said only one valve cover came in the box. Then threaten to get me banned of HT in hopes that I would get scared and cough up 40 bucks and just pay you to be quite. As you so eloquently wrote in a PM. Let me know if you want me to post it.

Why don't you just admit that you cannot sell the cut h series valve cover and be honest about it. Send it back to me and I will refund you the 40 bucks. No questions... I will even split the shipping cost with you. How is that for wanting to be fair and work with you??
Quite the opposite Max, because after you followed up with me with pictures, I bought it because I found a buyer already. I was the one that asked you for several pictures so that would know 100% what I’m buying so that I can forward the pictures to potential buyers. Once they’ve paid a deposit then I bought your cover. That’s how I do business, I wouldn’t by something and resell it unless I knew what I was getting. I’ve been burned in the past as a result of just taking a seller’s word for the condition of their parts only to find big imperfections. The downside of “cut” covers is they are just not worth as much as stock & I can’t re-sell them as easily because most people are picky (myself included) on how they are cut. I told you this from the beginning BEFORE I was going to buy it.

I have one simple question for you... You used PAYPAL. Since you are so convinced that I sent you one valve cover instead of the 2. Why don't you just dispute the charge with PAYPAL?? So simple... I don't get it. Is it because you know they will conduct an investigation?? Kind of like what I told you the USPS would do?? For a person with all the evidence you claim to have. What's stopping you?? Why are you reluctant to contact them??? I'm ready to deal with this and neither of us have any influence with them. Let PAYPAL decide. Honda-tech is not a judge and jury. You are simply doing this to make a spectacle of yourself. Man up and file a claim with USPS or PAYPAL. [/QUOTE]

Max, once again this shows how little you know or that you are trying to send me into a dead end again just like you did before. Let me share you my experience with Paypal. Last year bought a welded catch can kit from a new h-tech sponsor (now is banned because he scammed me & another member). I sent him regular paypal payment. I file a complaint with paypal & they didn’t do anything. They said they only provide instant refund or investigate it to their full extent if I bought from a “Ebay-Paypal Verified” account. So I learned my lesson and that is why I sent you money as GIFT because even if there was a complaint Paypal won’t do anything. Ask anybody that I have bought/sold from in the last 10 months I always tell them to send payment as gift but I also warn them that they are just wasting their money if the pay for the FEE.

So maybe you knew how paypal claims system work, maybe you didn’t. But now you know the reaon why I did not file claim.

USPS… you have already indicated, I as a receiver would not be able to submit a claim. You and I know this. So why even mention it as form of option only to set me up for failure?

It’s deceptive of you to suggest that I file a claim USPS, when you know it’s the sender’s job to prove it was delivered. If you truly wanted to help, why didn’t you offer to file claim to USPS?

Don’t complain about the address I gave you. I have shipped over 20 items there and have had countless people send their covers there with zero issues, therefore when the tracking# said it was shipped on April 14th I believe it just as you did.

If the address did not register in USPS system the clerk should have notified you at the counter. At least when I ship with Fedex they let me know right away if a zip code or mailing address is not in their database.

Last edited by Charlie Moua; 05-06-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Evil Ryu
sammer
sammer
Old 05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
H25
Honda-Tech Member

Charlie, I have responded to your allegations... You chose NOT to answer my hard hitting questions so far. Well, when are you going to answer them??? My god, this must be amateur hour..... It's common sense. Nobody's going to believe your fabricated story and the mythical characters you have conjured up in your fairy tale. It's hard to believe anyone would think an idiotic sounding scam like this would even work?My little cousin could think of a better story and she is only 8.

BTW Who did you say the name of the person was who You let sign for Your package? What's his name? I want to confirm that with the USPS myself.

I would let something like this go and take the high road. But, since you tried to damage my perfect sellers rep then try to extort me. I'm taking you to the cleaners.

You should have contacted me by pm and said you just want to return the H series valve cover. I bet you didn't think this thread would turn out like this now did you?? Don't you wish this was all just a bad dream? Well, sorry to say but, It's NOT. You brought this on yourself. DEAL WITH IT SAMMER.

Last edited by H25; 05-04-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:59 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by H25
Charlie,

I shipped you 2 valve covers and the h series was cut. As in the section that covers the timing belt was cut off almost completely. Which also makes it weigh significantly less. Both valve covers were stacked right on top of each other and only a few shreds of paper were needed. The box was barely big enough to hold them both and I had to rely on the tape to keep the box closed. That is why the package weighed 13.6 lbs.

Here is a picture I sent you of the b16a valve cover. This is the box I used. You can clearly see how it's a perfect size and would be very snug with another valve cover stacked on top of it with a few shreds of paper between. Thus, not needing the extra padding you would normally use when shipping these items (adding a substantial amount of weight). That's why the package weighed a few lbs less then what you are trying to claim in your argument.

Don't try and quote your individually and heavily packaged powder coated valve covers with 2 used valve covers shoved in a small box and taped up. To be the same weight or what You think they should weigh. Because, you didn't ship the covers in question. You're comparing apples to oranges.... Let's stick to the facts.

I have one simple question for you... You used PAYPAL. Since you are so convinced that I sent you one valve cover instead of the 2. Why don't you just dispute the charge with PAYPAL?? So simple... I don't get it. Is it because you know they will conduct an investigation?? Kind of like what I told you the USPS would do?? For a person with all the evidence you claim to have. What's stopping you?? Why are you reluctant to contact them??? I'm ready to deal with this and neither of us have any influence with them. Let PAYPAL decide. Honda-tech is not a judge and jury. You are simply doing this to make a spectacle of yourself. Man up and file a claim with USPS or PAYPAL.
lol you kinda just showed your a scammer buddy.... that box is WAY to small for an h22 valve cover to fit... it looks like maybe 2 b series can fit one on top of another but not an h22..... you can tell just by comparing it.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 PM
H25
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slimshady101
lol you kinda just showed your a scammer buddy.... that box is WAY to small for an h22 valve cover to fit... it looks like maybe 2 b series can fit one on top of another but not an h22..... you can tell just by comparing it.
You cannot make that determination from these photos. Perception can look different based on background objects, angle, lighting, and how far you took the picture. Do you believe in bigfoot too?

Of course it fits. H22 valve cover are not that much bigger. You have obviously never held them both in your hands before at the same time. Also, If you had bothered to read my earlier posts. I mentioned several times that a lot of tape had to be used to keep the box closed.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:14 PM
H25
Honda-Tech Member

You had me ship your valve covers to: 8 Beach plaza road Stockholm NJ, 07640??

Typed it into GOOGLE EARTH and got nothing. What's the name and phone number to this place? I'm going to call them myself.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by H25
You had me ship your valve covers to: 8 Beach plaza road Stockholm NJ, 07640??

Typed it into GOOGLE EARTH and got nothing. What's the name and phone number to this place? I'm going to call them myself.
http://www.trgcoating.com/
Old 05-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW did you check the tracking ?

Delivered, May 04, 2011, 2:32 pm, STOCKHOLM, NJ 07460
Out for Delivery, May 03, 2011, 8:02 am, OAK RIDGE, NJ 07438
Sorting Complete, May 03, 2011, 7:52 am, OAK RIDGE, NJ 07438
Arrival at Post Office, May 02, 2011, 9:30 am, OAK RIDGE, NJ 07438
Acceptance, April 12, 2011, 3:36 pm, IRVINE, CA 92619

Your item was delivered at 2:32 pm on May 04, 2011 in STOCKHOLM, NJ 07460.

so what that means is that USPS screwed up.

Mark my words, when you find out the truth, you'll see how I was trying to
give you the benefit of the doubt & how i was trying to save you money and not say anything about the B16 cover I didn't get (at that time)

Look at the tracking info above carefully and see if you can put it together or if you would like me to break it down for you bud. The last thing i want you to think is that i'm a scammer.

haha Max you have no idea how nice i am.
Too nice many would say.

Last edited by Charlie Moua; 05-06-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:03 AM
H25
Honda-Tech Member

Mark my words, when you find out the truth, you'll see how I was trying to
give you the benefit of the doubt & how i was trying to save you money and not say anything about the B16 cover I didn't get.
Mark your word's? Are you sure you want to be saying that right now? If I were you I would want everyone to forget about this entirely. But, it's way too late for that now.

Uhhh Ohh Charlie. This looks really bad

Here is a Pm I received from you on 04-25-2011, 01:21 PM

0310 2640 0001 8350 9239

I bought an h22(cut) and b16 (large VTEC, uncut) from you for $107.69
it was shipped to my coating company in NJ and they said they did not get any "cut" h22 cover.

I didn't ask about the b16 cover yet but if you put it in the same box then i'm assuming it's not there too.

I've had over 60 covers coated with them with no issues, plus i work direct with the owner of the coating company, so I have to trust that their shipping depart did not get the H22(cut).

thanks Charlie

I'm confused... Sooo, which one is it? Can't decide which valve cover you want to scam me for? LoL

Can you explain why You changed your story again and NOW the b16a valve cover was not received?? You just said in the 1st PM about this charade that you didn't get the cut H22 valve cover... WOW, I cant help but laugh right now. Thanks, you just disproved yourself completely now.

I want you to keep that lame signature up. Don't take it down LoL. I want everyone to see how stupid you really are.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and just stop talking already. You're digging a deeper grave. Just let this one go. Really

You could really use a formal education Charlie. Stay in school

Quick Reply: H25 = scammer or not you decide (RESOLVED)