Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Charm City Tuning Worst Experience Ever - Baltimore, MD

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Charm City Tuning Worst Experience Ever - Baltimore, MD

exactly you dealt with jeff. mike didnt buy jeff out of the shop.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just read all 5 pages... my eyes hurt
Old 12-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GT40eg
exactly you dealt with jeff. mike didnt buy jeff out of the shop.
What does it matter who I dealt with from the shop? Mike, Jeff, Ronald McDonald it shouldn't matter. Both of those guys are representatives of Charm City Tuning and what one of them does affects the shop whether its positive or negative. And like I said, I dealt with both of them throughout the process and neither of them showed any respect/care/customer service towards me and my vehicle.

And actually he did, Mike realized what type of guy Jeff was after he convinced him his ways would change. Thats why he was fired from Absolut Pro Formance. He was merely the guy who had the dyno and money from daddy and Mike partnered up with him. Mike was the brains behind the operation when it started with working on motocross vehicles with his father. After a while he began tinkering with Hondas and he branched off to have car tuning shop. Learn something before you come trying to flame me about the fine details of what happens. I know more people in the Honda scene than you realize. You merely know the outer layer of what really goes on in that shop.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cool thanks for the history lesson. been there pretty much from the beginning. and trust me i know more of what goes on then you think. but hey have fun fixing your car
Old 12-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GT40eg
cool thanks for the history lesson. been there pretty much from the beginning. and trust me i know more of what goes on then you think. but hey have fun fixing your car
dude wtf? just because you had a good experience doesn't make it a great shop. likewise, just because OP had a bad experience, doesn't make it a shitty shop. but you can't ignore that if what OP says is true, CCT ****ed him over..

die-hard fanboi-ism doesn't do anyone any good. all you're doing is yelling "CCT BEST PLACE EVER" as a response to everything OP is saying. stfu
Old 12-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres another review I found online from another unhappy customer... There were about 3 more on yellowpages.com but for some reason they are all gone along with mine... strange.

"The worst experience of my life! I had an electrical situation with my car not running & they fixed it but never told me they did! I had to go up there and find out for myself. I asked them to fix my ac mike told me he would I didn't hear from them for six months & they left my car outside! When I finally just decided to take my car home it overheated . They didnt even install the timingbelt properly!
Stay away from these guys ! They only want to work on there friends cars!
Its not even a money issue with them, there just a bunch of stuck up people . I have
Deep pockets & I really didn't care how much they charged me but they kept on putting others people's cars ahead of mine . Mike sweeney sucks!"

http://www.yelp.com/biz/charm-city-tuning-brooklyn-park#hridJYneA7qCUbrv4bnrKUYkQ
Old 12-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres some responses from people on the local Maryland car forum... MDStreetScene.com

DavidLam and I went there when we went to pick up my sisters motor from Hills Garage. Didn't get the best welcome/response from the buff looking white guy up front.

as chenny said when we came up to hills garage to pick up his sisters motor. we stopped by cct too see if they had any axles. and the guy at the counter came off as a douche

Bottom line is CCT sucks, whether it was under the TSR name or the new name. Same people, same shitty work. I wouldn't consider them a new shop and for a new shop I would think that they would want to do quality work so that people could talk good about them and get more business in, but I guess that's not their goal.

i wish i could find pictures of my TSR built engine with the wrong valve springs in it. the valve seats were beaten out of the head by pieces of valve and it put holes in my brand new wiseco pistons totally trashed a 5000 dollar engine build. it was bad enough that in order to save the block i would have had to re sleeve it.............and it was already sleeved

CCT for extreme tunes, melted ****, and f'd up service.... Mike Sweeney couldnt tune his way out of that gay *** hair cut. If Jeff wasnt face down in billys lap, he would probly explain the situation to you im sure...

well i have a limited experience with them but it was not a good one. so i had the guys at absolute proformance fix my camber. well when i got it back the camber was fix but i asked about the creaking. out of curiosity i asked CCT to check it out they said they don't have time to work on any cars since they are working on their own. Went back to absolute they found the problem and charged me nothing.

I've dealt with Jeff before. Never again.

I'd never take my car to them, first hand experience look how bad they ****ed up on Skilor's supra and then tuned it to ****. His bill $1400, which he paid....when he questioned there ability in regards to the car, they told him to take a hike. Part throttle sucks....car runs like ***; cold start is **** and just overall experience was horrible.

met a guy last night and somehow CCT came up in the conversation and I told him about this thread and he goes something like ... "yeah, I know those guys and I keep away even though I've personally known them for many years and know how they got started/etc (spinoff of another shop we know?), but there's some shady stuff in the background that I just don't agree with" ... but he did give them props on that shop car build, lol

Not trying to add fuel to the fire but this kinda comment by someone who knows them but is out of the whole internet drama/forum thing makes me side with the OP. And he said the same thing echoed here, they don't take care of you unless you're spending "loads" of G's

i wouldn't go there 4 an oil change

All can be found here... http://www.mdstreetscene.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=27593
Old 08-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hope the attached documents uploaded to this post.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Mike Sweeney 8-06-2013.pdf (58.2 KB, 591 views)
Old 08-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to see this happening to people. The fact that there are so many cowboys out there doing **** work ruins it for all of us who try to help people and make some cash.

The fact that CCT hasnt chimed in says every thing.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by luvmihatch
I hate to see this happening to people. The fact that there are so many cowboys out there doing **** work ruins it for all of us who try to help people and make some cash.

The fact that CCT hasnt chimed in says every thing.
I was informed there were a few performance cars that were completely finished and when customers came to pickup their cars the vehicles were gone. Either stolen or sold for cash. I understand one employee was/is a big time thief and there were other employees with bad drug habits.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

See the resume for Michael Allen Sweeney in the link below.

http://www.resume.com/mike129