Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Charm City Tuning Worst Experience Ever - Baltimore, MD

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Charm City Tuning Worst Experience Ever - Baltimore, MD

Originally Posted by seanc520
STFU
Choke on it ***got!

Here I'll post it since you obviously can't read. That's from the mod of this section btw.

Originally Posted by builthatch
hey, peanut gallery - stop posting in here unless you have something to add that is relevant to the OPs dilemma. the rules actually state that this sub-forum is exclusively reserved for those who are involved directly with the transaction, however the OP is just doing the public a favor and posting his experience and there isn't exactly an opposing side active on this forum to hash this out with the OP. if you are a proponent of charm city tuning, do them and the OP a favor and get them on here to state their case and straighten this out in public.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would you look at that..... everytime i see something like this i say look at that!! look at this, look at that.

i seen the car up at the honda colision center and when i seen it i told the painter there would you look at that, look at this....

gl
Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tempest Racing
301-290-0330
Old 01-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NA James
would you look at that..... everytime i see something like this i say look at that!! look at this, look at that.

i seen the car up at the honda colision center and when i seen it i told the painter there would you look at that, look at this....

gl
Just look at it
Old 01-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would you look at this, look at that!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

charm city tuning ftmfw.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've heard good things about Tempest. John at J-K is the way to go though.

Sorry to hear bout this story, I'm really happy I didnt listen to an evo owner when he told me to take my turbo s to get tuned at cct.....Heard bad things about TSR and wont be taking any of my cars to CCT. It would be nice to see a response from them though. I hope you get your car workin right. good luck.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Still having problems from this. Clutch is most likely severely worn due to no spacers behind the clutch pedal.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

similar problem same place

in for cct to chime in
Old 01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This sucks, i was about to have my car tuned here since they seem to offer decent prices. Guess ill make the trip to IMW.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rsa0905
This sucks, i was about to have my car tuned here since they seem to offer decent prices. Guess ill make the trip to IMW.
j-k ftw!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mike didnt tune his car.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't go to cct. go to J-K they will take care of you.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

charm city tuning ftmfw.

I'm still curious as to why this story has any relevance to Mikes tuning? Maybe I missed something. I understand the frustration completely from the OP but CCT has some of the most loyal customers around so if your goal is to "get the BBB to give the business an F and make them go bankrupt" you have a lot of work ahead of you! I don't expect that Jeff or Mike will comment on this because it would be pointless... No matter what happens the people that aren't fans and have had a bad experience will not change what they believe so why walk into a flaming.... But I'm sure as soon as someone looks at my sig I'm sure I'll get flamed! Nothing but good things to say about them and I am by NO MEANS a big spender at the shop... Just someone who understand the fact that you get what you pay for and if something is not right take it as a lesson learned and move on. Either way hope things work out for the OP.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Headster187

I'm still curious as to why this story has any relevance to Mikes tuning? Maybe I missed something. I understand the frustration completely from the OP but CCT has some of the most loyal customers around so if your goal is to "get the BBB to give the business an F and make them go bankrupt" you have a lot of work ahead of you! I don't expect that Jeff or Mike will comment on this because it would be pointless... No matter what happens the people that aren't fans and have had a bad experience will not change what they believe so why walk into a flaming.... But I'm sure as soon as someone looks at my sig I'm sure I'll get flamed! Nothing but good things to say about them and I am by NO MEANS a big spender at the shop... Just someone who understand the fact that you get what you pay for and if something is not right take it as a lesson learned and move on. Either way hope things work out for the OP.

although I do agree that Mikes tuning may not be bad, but if you want to represent a company and keep customers coming back, id suggest that you put your best work out on all cars no matter what comes in the shop.

And as far as it being pointless for them to respond, thats not true at all. There is always two sides to a story and this just shows that a) they have not seen this thread or b) they have no response because they know the OP is right and wont fix what they have done wrong. Do you call that good business? I don't think so.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The thing is, I didnt get what I paid for. I asked them how much for the work and they quoted me a price. If I would have went to them and said hey im only trying to spen XXXX amt of dollars, what can you do for me, then yes it would be a diff story.

I specifically told them to complete all that I had asked for and that any additional expenses to get the swap running correctly discuss with me, then ill pay to have it done. Not sure what was so hard to comprehend about what I asked them to do...
Old 02-21-2011, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP FOR SOME ANSWERS.

Its ok if youre wrong, just admit it...
Old 02-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why dont you go there and ask for the answers yourself instead of just talking on here?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just ordered my dss level 5.9 last week and told he had this in stock then he PM me here telling me that he made a mistake that the one he's got in stock is for k series. I just pm him here saying send my axles or refund my money back. so far, he's phone is busy..

Edit: I got my DSS axles today Sorry for the mis communication and I hope it won't happen again. Thanks again Jeff for the fast response.

Last edited by V-SPEC 1; 02-24-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GT40eg
why dont you go there and ask for the answers yourself instead of just talking on here?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GT40eg
I was there a good amount of times because of their work. Constantly had to make the 50 minute drive down to drop off and pick up my car. Ive dealt with them enough. What good is getting answers from them then relaying here to the forum. If that happens ill be called a liar etc. I want them to post so people can see that exactly whats being said, is coming directly from them.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

charm city tuning ftmfl.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like someones just a bit nervous about going into a shop after trashing them on a forum.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Headster187
Sounds like someones just a bit nervous about going into a shop after trashing them on a forum.

X2. If your that butt hurt about it i'd go down there and get your own answers. How do you even know they have read this thread? I'm not taking sides here but I mean come on.. I know you want them to chime in, but as you can tell by now they aren't going to...

Not trying to come off as a dick, just i think this thread is a lost cause if they aren't going to chime in becides killing there own name but it sounds like that has already happend.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is called a review forum for a reason. The entire point is to leave feedback for people or companies. If they have any concern about their rep on H-T, it would be in their best interest to respond here. A lot of big name tuners and companies rely on positive feedback/word of mouth from H-T. They're only hurting themselves by turning a deaf ear.

With that said, it really doesn't matter how many times the OP has called or went there in person. They screwed him over, they were made aware of what they did wrong (or did not do at all), and have yet to handle the situation. That equals bad feedback here, simple as that.