Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Charm City Tuning Worst Experience Ever - Baltimore, MD

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Charm City Tuning Worst Experience Ever - Baltimore, MD

Congrats, Mike will tune your car properly, but how much do you spend there. From the looks of it, you are one of his preferred customers spending lots of cash. How about when Mike owned TSR was involved in stolen parts causing them to go out of business? Personally even if Mike was the best tuner around, but he was involved with stolen parts and then puts out shotty work, like what was done on my car, I would still go to someone else just on principal. If they are willing to dick people over in one way, they are willing to do it in others so please keep that in mind.

I was the guy they thought they could take advantage of because I wasnt spending an arm and a leg, use my experience and dont let it happen to you either.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your situation really sucks. I hate hearing about people getting screwed over. Kinda happened to me when I got my car painted. I'm personal friends with the painter and his wife who is the secretary of the shop in which her dad owns. Paint work is perfect but the re assembly and what not was crap. Anyways I'm going off of a money and reputation stand point. I saw the blue hatch from CCT at mir and it was impressive. I figured the shop/tuner knew what they were doing. I called for pricing on S300 and dyno time. They say will match any price on their website. I gave them a link to a sponsor selling S300 on here and he said he couldn't come close to that price. J-K has one hell of a rep going for him based on forums and word of mouth. Plus after talking with him and just bullshitting I like the guy. Plus he gives you a lot for your money. My current setup was dyno tuned and I was sent home for $375. My friend even used to work for the shop so we are kinda friends. J-k dyno tunes the car,street tunes the car,sets up boost by gear all for $400 I'm not sure how far CCT goes with a tune but either way I'm putting out my .02
CCT W/ S300 plus dyno = 1,100
J-K W/RTP plus dyno = 900
Old 12-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2000AccordFlex
Congrats, Mike will tune your car properly, but how much do you spend there. From the looks of it, you are one of his preferred customers spending lots of cash. How about when Mike owned TSR was involved in stolen parts causing them to go out of business? Personally even if Mike was the best tuner around, but he was involved with stolen parts and then puts out shotty work, like what was done on my car, I would still go to someone else just on principal. If they are willing to dick people over in one way, they are willing to do it in others so please keep that in mind.

I was the guy they thought they could take advantage of because I wasnt spending an arm and a leg, use my experience and dont let it happen to you either.
Mike and TSR was never involved with stolen parts just so you know. I worked for Mike and his Dad at TSR for awhile and was around all the time. Your source on that subject is wrong. And thats not why TSR went out of business. Im not a close personal friend of CCT so dont get your panties in a bunch because I told you the truth about what happened years ago. You shouldnt acuse someone of stuff if you dont have proof anf heard it from word of mouth. Sorry for your luck with your car.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lsvegmatt
tunerview rd-1
omg thats my next buy. the only one I new of is the one that sits where the radio sits.
on the j-k tuning note, I know many people including me that get their tuning by him. he offers incredible customer service and is a extremely down to earth guy. hes not big headed like all the other performance shop employees. It feels like your talking to a family member lol.
His prices are pretty much the best Ive seen at this point, no one even competes. He tunes safe and reliable. like previously said, you dont leave worried about how your motor is going to hold up.

$550 for Neptune licensing/chip, Hondata 3bar MAP, and 2 hours tuning.

And from me experiences the Demon RTP is absolutely identical tuning wise to the S300. just a lil cheaper and comes with a couple extra things that S300 doesnt. there really is no better management when it comes to them.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by beavis
Mike and TSR was never involved with stolen parts just so you know. I worked for Mike and his Dad at TSR for awhile and was around all the time. Your source on that subject is wrong. And thats not why TSR went out of business. Im not a close personal friend of CCT so dont get your panties in a bunch because I told you the truth about what happened years ago. You shouldnt acuse someone of stuff if you dont have proof anf heard it from word of mouth. Sorry for your luck with your car.
The source im getting my information had parts stolen off of his car first hand while it was at TSR... So my subject matter is correct. Hes actually the Honda technician at Odonnell who is correcting all of the mistakes CCT made on my swap.

Oh and love your RSX by the way, always nice to look at when your over visiting Matt.

Last edited by 2000AccordFlex; 12-08-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2000AccordFlex
Car at CCT with Jeff Blumenfeld (owner) standing right next to it facing us and Jon Gill, the one who primarily worked on it facing the car
That's not Jimmy Jon.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1tuffbb6@CCT
That's not Jimmy Jon.
kk.

Since your so close to "jimmy john" then tell him how shitty of a job he did on my car.

Also kinda funny how no one from the shop will post anything relative to the work that was done either. Until something is resolved, I will continue to trash CCT's work and what little they stand for.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:41 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey, peanut gallery - stop posting in here unless you have something to add that is relevant to the OPs dilemma. the rules actually state that this sub-forum is exclusively reserved for those who are involved directly with the transaction, however the OP is just doing the public a favor and posting his experience and there isn't exactly an opposing side active on this forum to hash this out with the OP. if you are a proponent of charm city tuning, do them and the OP a favor and get them on here to state their case and straighten this out in public.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for peanut gallery :D
Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Last edited by Bseriescivic5; 12-17-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ Why not Joe at Pittsburgh Performance? He does good work.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Last edited by Bseriescivic5; 12-17-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Absolute pro-formance stuck it in me deep back in the day and every one I have ever talked to for that matter. I needed a b16 dizzy to get to work and he charged me 300 cause he knew I had no other option at the time and when I got it home it was an ls and would not even work. I took it back and he said sorry about your luck . oh and the owner of cct worked for john for a while in case you guys did not know.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This does not surprise me at all. CCT is formerly TSR and I have heard NUMEROUS stories of TSR. Seems to me like they shut TSR down and reopened in a new location with a new name, and obviously the same level of customer service. Good luck with finding a resolution!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tuned In for a Response From Charm City Tuning. State Your Side of the Story, If Theres Nothing to Hide! There Is No Place For Hacking In The Auto Industry. Thats How People Get Hurt!
Old 12-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tsr closing down because of things being stolen is complete BS. it may have happen and everyone spreads rumors and plays the telephone game but from my knowledge that is BS. as for cct renameing and moving from tsr is BS also. mike and jeff both worked at different places before cct got together. as for the picture that is not jimmy jon.

my car has went to cct one time and even though i had problems they helped me out alot and i only spent 300 for tuning and 150 for them to change my oil pump and i ordered a new ati crank pulley also.

then a week later they put it back on the dyno and i did not owe them a dime for the extra tuning.

your experience sucks but dustin is right when he says there is two sides to the story. unfortuantly only you and cct know the two sides.

goodluck with your car.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I never really liked the ppl at charm city tunning seemed like a sketchy place. id try out absolute proformance best ppl ever they are cool thell call u if u have a question and are eazy ppl to work with and the work is amazing no matter how small the job
Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 AM
HAPPY FEET

They are ****, they charged me for stuff they didnt do........................stay away
Old 12-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Still waiting for a response from either Jeff or Mike... I know both of you have read this thread, you just are men enough to own up to your mistakes, we all understand.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for going to Absolute performance. I've nothing but good from them all over my clublexus.com forum. Sorry bout your experience bro.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

New year bump for CCT to speak up.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Project-Ek9
Ok look, its obvious your trying to defend them because from the looks of your signature they work and tune your car.

Why do you get mad at OP for wanting a better DD, he did state the car needed a new motor, he didn't go in there asking for a 10 sec car, all he wanted was a better stronger motor along with it converted to 5 spd, he didnt get pistons, bore, none of that.

I would also seek justice and bring them down, i've been seeing too many companies going down and doing shady work, the question is why?

Im sure your car (spoolin) is top notch because you prob go their all the time, your prob friends with the guy as well seeing as how you stick up for them.

Karma is a bitch, and I bet if your car was half assed and they took your "good turbo" and replaced it with another one cuz they said it had shaft play and yet you never got it back, im sure you would be pretty upset, so stop defending people who are doing something wrong, to be honest i would never buy anything from you seeing as how you represent them, you might send me something that was taken from the rightful owner after he was lied and told their was a deficiency in it just to make an extra buck.

I hope CCT burns to the ground if they are going to keep being shady, OP id make sure to post this in all forums and also put a claims on BBB so they can get an F and possibly go bankrupt.

That's my 2 cents, if anyone disagrees with me, its because you haven't dealt with a shady business owner, if so im glad to hear that and hope you never do....

OP good luck with this man, and i hope to see your ride do better with another business who isnt shady.
HELL HIS CAR SLOW AS ***** TOO! LOL
Old 01-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin18
Mike at CCT will tune RTP, although he prefers not too..he can do it. There is a reason why he chooses Hondata s300 over Neptune RTP, but that is something you can discuss with him. I know John, and he is a good guy..I have nothing bad to say about him or his tuning abilities, he is good at what he does. However, Mike is an absolute animal when it comes to tuning abilities. Don't forget that they have the blue EK ( Billy's car) which holds the fastest time for True Street currently...with a lot of off the shelf parts that anyone can purchase. Along with mine/ my g/f's B series True street EG which will be knocking on the door of 900whp easily and should be up there as well next year. My point is, Mike knows his stuff. Anyone can bolt together off the shelf parts on and hope they work...but Mike MAKES them work, he has proved it time and time again. Just keep that in mind.
Fastest TS car is in FLORIDA!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ who gives a ****. Stop posting random nonsense. Didn't you read.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sc34dc4
^^^ who gives a ****. Stop posting random nonsense. Didn't you read.
STFU