Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

don't buy auto parts from Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default don't buy auto parts from Amazon

Update: moog gave me the amazon phone number. Talked to another cust service rep who refunded me the full price.

amazon outsources their cust serv to various countries and its kinda of a crapshoot when theres a problem.

as far as "buying locally", i would encourage some research on that one. All of the chain parts stores are consolidated and owned by billion dollar heartless investor groups.

-------

I bought some crappy Moog control arms rk90446 and rk90447 from Amazon 16 months; 25,000miles ago. Both upper balljoints (in the upper control arms) are loose, noisy.

I write Moog, they say the warranty is 3yr/36000 miles and I need to contact the retailer. I write Amazon and they say no, that they have their own warranty period and any further correspondence will not be answered.

If I had bought the parts at Advance Auto I know I wouldn't be having this problem. I could just go in and exchange them. Im sure any other reputable automotive online retailer would cover them as well.

Last edited by Brocko; 09-25-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Update
Old 06-20-2017, 09:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: don't buy auto parts from Amazon

That's awfully broad to say all of amazon, its like saying "don't buy online." Yeah like ebay, amazon is made of many many sellers, some have some warranties, some don't. This is the age old question of buy local or online. Moog parts from Advance is nice, even with the added price cause they're there. Like buying lifetime replacement axles from Autozone. You could get em online, but even with a warranty you'd have to wait and ship.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: don't buy auto parts from Amazon

I'm willing to bet when you decided Amazon and not local you were faced with the decision of "Do I save $10 or do I spend $10 more locally?" you did not choose the latter.