Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Sales Feedback (https://honda-tech.com/forums/sales-feedback-157/)
-   -   Anyone with experience with a Boost lab turbo? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/sales-feedback-157/anyone-experience-boost-lab-turbo-3335082/)

Excusetobooost 03-19-2019 04:42 AM

Anyone with experience with a Boost lab turbo?

Hello I have not found any reviews on the internet about boost lab turbos. Anyone here ever purchase a boost lab turbo? I'm interested on getting a 6262 dual ball bearing turbo from them but not sure if I should save the extra money and get the precision. I believe its around a $500 difference.

TheShodan 03-19-2019 07:34 AM

Re: Anyone with experience with a Boost lab turbo?

Originally Posted by Excusetobooost (Post 51890879)
Hello I have not found any reviews on the internet about boost lab turbos. Anyone here ever purchase a boost lab turbo? I'm interested on getting a 6262 dual ball bearing turbo from them but not sure if I should save the extra money and get the precision. I believe its around a $500 difference.

This will be interesting to observe..

Balor_Gr 03-19-2019 10:20 AM

Arashi
Id choose this if you like to bet.
At least they give 1 year global warranty (ask em to read it) and they are supposed to share kamak quality.
Their kuro ball bearing so far have good results (very few examples tho)

NVturbo 03-19-2019 11:45 AM

there's a good reason why most people use Garrett, Turbonetics, PTE, Holeset, or B/W. First time I have ever heard that name.

Chance EG 03-19-2019 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Balor_Gr (Post 51891343)
Arashi
Id choose this if you like to bet.
At least they give 1 year global warranty (ask em to read it) and they are supposed to share kamak quality.
Their kuro ball bearing so far have good results (very few examples tho)

I've seen builds that have used these turbos before and was interested in them for awhile, but haven't been willing to "risk" trying one.

The warranty is nice and from what I hear their customer service is reasonable, however worst case scenario a bad turbo can damage the rest of the engine/intercooler, and there would be down time to consider if the turbo needed to be worked on/replaced.

Taiwan metallurgy has come a long way, supposedly, but I'm not sure I'd pull the trigger on something like this unless I either had a really good deal on one or a build that I was willing to let fail/have a lot of downtime on in the event something went wrong.

Excusetobooost 03-20-2019 05:07 AM

Thanks everyone, i have heard very little about that company. The price is very tempting but like you guys said it may not be worth the risk.