Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

****DH-Racing.com!! SCAMMER!!!****

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 ****DH-Racing.com!! SCAMMER!!!****

Hey everybody here on H/T, I would just like to warn you DO NOT BUY FROM DH-RACING.COM..
I few years back I got about 10g's from a car accident and decided to have a motor built for me (I was tired of workin on cars at the time). So a friend and I were browsing through sites and came across DH-Racing.com. I sent him a couple emails letting him know I was interested in purchasing one of his "Beast 2.1L" B series motors using a GSR block.

So I called up Dave Hickman at DH-Racing to get set up and pay for this motor. He said he'd charged me $8,000 for the motor and I'd have to send a head in for a core. I thought that was kinda rediculous for that price but I had a few laying around so I didnt mind. So a week or so goes by and I email him askin how the motor is coming along. He replies with the usual "going good all your parts are here and block and head are at the machine shop."

A few weeks go by and I get a knock on the door by USPS with a delivery, cool. I open it up and it's lookin good except its a sleeved B18A1 block with nothing but unkown rods, pistons, and crank (all assembled). I was kinda pissed cause what I ordered was a complete motor, that was supposed to be ready to throw in my car, tune and go. I email him about the head (he never answers the phone) and he writes me back 11/24/2006 6:20:15 A.M. saying the head is almost finished.

So its about a year later and I've been waitin and bugging this guy to give me the rest of my parts and pretty pissed off waiting so long. Well he finally says he sent it and gave me a tracking number. The number was a legit number but it said the package (head and ALL the rest of a complete motor minus block)was weighed at 23lbs???? I was kinda concered so I emailed him and he replied "Its everything." About a month or so of running around and fighting with the USPS and Dave Hickman USPS finally calls me saying it was returned to sender cause there was a problem with the sender. They said it happens and that he recieved the package back. I called him and he started giving me this BS that I had gotten the parts and to quit playing games.

Well anyways to make a really really long story short, he gave me the run around telling me hes sending me this and that and never got anything. 2 and a half years later he sent me a completely bare B16 head with some mis-matched ARP studs (no bolts) and some lost motions. I was REALLY pissed about that and told him I was gonna take him to court. He started saying he'd send me some K series parts so I would be happier and ended up sending me some BS head gasket and B series polished TB. About 6 months ago I finally said fawk it and gave up. He took about $9500 (suckering me into buying more parts and paying for BS shipping) from me in the long run to get me a fully built motor. I never ended up taking him to court cause I think its to late, but I do have ALL the emails from 5/11/2006 - 7/20/2009 of what he's wrote me.

I dont really know what I can do being its been so long, so I just want to let everybody know he'll take your money and send you ****..The good news is I did trade the block for a JDM K20A motor my friend purchased from HMO and ended up not wanting to do a K swap And since then I have learned alot about motor and who to buy parts from lol so it was an expensive lesson learned.. But please please DONT BUY FROM DAVE HICKMAN (DH-RACING.COM) HE WILL SCREW YOU OVER!!
Sorry about the long post but I coulda went on and on, and im not a happy camper about what he did to me.

-Chris
Old 07-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****DH-Racing.com!! SCAMMER!!!****

i don't believe its to late but your best bet is to just call your lawyer and ask questions if its to late since it seems like you recently conversed with Dave Hickman and you got emails and what not
Old 07-16-2009, 02:01 AM
Party Pooper

at least there were paragraphs...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man, that sucks .

edit: i knew that name sounded familiar, i did a google search and yep, back in 2003-2004 they partnered with this company "stafford fabrications" and were the first to make a turbo kit for the 2001-2005 d17a2 motors in the civic. they scammed people on 7thgencivic.com for over 30k which ended up in stafford fabrications as a company going under. they changed their name, moved, and started a new company. DH-Racing had stayed underground also, i also think they moved, and i didn't hear about them for years, it looks like they are back at their same games... i had purchased a turbo kit from them back in 2003 before they scammed anyone, so i got lucky but i can't forget that name.

i did a search on honda-tech also for DH Racing and pulled up a lot of threads, similar to yours. i really hope HT makes a scammer thread in which someone can go in and check out a company's standing before spending thousands on parts...

Last edited by fventura03; 07-16-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow timewarp.

I was expecting this to be one of those 6 year old threads that got bumped.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn 9500?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:28 AM

My friend bought an h22 manual tensionner from him (its was hooked up to the power streeing pump and applied pressure on the timing but we had to cut the timing belt cover. Anyway, we install like dh racing said and we drove the car 10 minutes and that crappy tensionner broke in two. We called him and told him what happen and he said that he'll get back to us...been 2 years and he doesnt respond to email
Old 07-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vstone
damn 9500?
Yeah lol, its sad.. I coulda got a built motor from Blueprint racing for like 6200 and wouldnt have had to send a core or anything. Now I know enough to build my own motors tho so I wont have to worry about anything like that again. He got me good tho
Old 07-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by The_Head
wow timewarp.

I was expecting this to be one of those 6 year old threads that got bumped.
I was expecting the exact same thing.

I can't believe this guy is still around. One quick search on here and google will show plenty of threads/posts just like this one.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here I am, working for my money, when all I had to do was start some BS honda-oriented business! People just give away thousands of dollars to some random person, thousands of miles away.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I think I paid for him to get an s2000 lol, after I had paid him he was talkin about how he just got an S2K and was tryin to do some stuff to it.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fventura03
i did a search on honda-tech also for DH Racing and pulled up a lot of threads, similar to yours. i really hope HT makes a scammer thread in which someone can go in and check out a company's standing before spending thousands on parts...
Because, you know, searching is so difficult...
Old 07-16-2009, 05:09 PM
GDD Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'm with pho
Old 07-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by malink
My friend bought an h22 manual tensionner from him (its was hooked up to the power streeing pump and applied pressure on the timing but we had to cut the timing belt cover. Anyway, we install like dh racing said and we drove the car 10 minutes and that crappy tensionner broke in two. We called him and told him what happen and he said that he'll get back to us...been 2 years and he doesnt respond to email
Yup thats what he does lol, so sad but so true!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why the hell are people so fawken afraid of the courts? They are there for a reason. Just google up which county he is in and find the courts in his area. Within 30 days of you turning that paper in I guarantee you, you'll hear from him.

You just need to dish out what he is dishing to you. Just a tip, make sure you add up the total you paid (find documentation everything! include the witnesses that also were scammed by him, and get their written testimony notarized), plus the court fees, plane ticket to city where the court will take place... soon enough you'll make him feel like he has child support to pay
Old 07-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B16Drag
Why the hell are people so fawken afraid of the courts? They are there for a reason. Just google up which county he is in and find the courts in his area. Within 30 days of you turning that paper in I guarantee you, you'll hear from him.

You just need to dish out what he is dishing to you. Just a tip, make sure you add up the total you paid (find documentation everything! include the witnesses that also were scammed by him, and get their written testimony notarized), plus the court fees, plane ticket to city where the court will take place... soon enough you'll make him feel like he has child support to pay
Thanks for the info, I needed somethin like that to help push me in the right direction.. Im workin on gettin my bank statements now and I have a lot of people on K20a.org that have either been scammed by him or know somebody that has also.. But im gonna try to see into takin him to court now so I can get what I deserve from him.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62846

Here is the thread thats goin on over at K20a.org if anybody is interested.. Got a couple people that are chapped about gettin scammed by DH-Racing!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:02 AM
Stouts 'n' Scotch

LOL good luck man. You got fleeced.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K20egcw

said he'd charged me $8,000 for the motor and I'd have to send a head in for a core. I thought that was kinda rediculous for that price but I had a few laying around so I didnt mind.

Well anyways to make a really really long story short, he gave me the run around telling me hes sending me this and that and never got anything. 2 and a half years later he sent me a completely bare B16 head with some mis-matched ARP studs (no bolts) and some lost motions. I was REALLY pissed about that and told him I was gonna take him to court. He started saying he'd send me some K series parts so I would be happier and ended up sending me some BS head gasket and B series polished TB. About 6 months ago I finally said fawk it and gave up. He took about $9500 (suckering me into buying more parts and paying for BS shipping) from me in the long run to get me a fully built motor.
You, sir, are an idiot.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:12 AM
I hate everything

$8,000 for an engine. Lol, hope it was sleeved with solid gold!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

DUHHHH
Old 07-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Stouts 'n' Scotch

Originally Posted by lke2drvgsr
You, sir, are an idiot.
My thoughts, your post.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is anyone else sick of these morons making scam threads because they were dumb enough to be had?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Stouts 'n' Scotch

Originally Posted by omega02379
Is anyone else sick of these morons making scam threads because they were dumb enough to be had?
Obviously, yes.

"OMR I r pay sum1 $6x10^23 dollurs over teh intewebs and he r scam me!!!11!!eleven"
Old 07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah you guys can call me dumb but the truth is it happens.. I was young and didnt have the knowledge I do now and couldnt build my own motor.. If your just gonna talk **** and hate then why read my posts.. Yeah I was dumb and got "had" but Im puttin the word out some nobody else gets taked advantage of and makes the same mistake I did.