For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Wil at Exospeed will not give refund

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wil at Exospeed will not give refund

Here's the situation:

Back in late winter (November/December), Exospeed was advertising a special for Arias pistons and Eagle rod combination. At the time, I was building a k20a2 engine for the upcoming season. Back then, Crower wasn't producing shelf rods for the a2's and Pauter and Cunningham were far too expensive. So I ordered the Arias 9:1 Pistons and Eagle rods. I spoke with Wil about the Eagle rod application for the k20a2 since Eagle did not list them on their website at the time. He assured me that he had sets in stock ready to ship and Eagle was definitely producing them as a shelf rod. I sent payment via business check and the pistons and rods arrived about a week and a half later. I thought the transaction went rather well and appreciated the quick shipment from Wil.

I got the engine bored and honed to the Arias piston spec sheet and was ready to build the engine. I measured the stock rod length and then measured the Eagle rod length. The Eagle rods were significantly longer. The Arias shelf piston was made for the stock rod length. The Eagle rods were produced to a longer rod length, not allowing them to be used with the shelf Arias piston. I immediately contacted Wil about the situation. He wasn't aware of the fact that the Eagle rods were made to the wrong rod length and told me he'd look into it for me. After a day or so, he got back to me, told me to send the shelf Arias pistons back to him and he would get me custom Arias pistons with the wrist pin area moved up in the piston so that it would compensate for the longer rod at no additional charge. So I sent the pistons back to Wil. At this point I was disappointed that the engine wasn't going to get assembled in the time frame I had originally planned; however, I couldn't be happier with customer service I received from Wil.

About 4-5 weeks went by and I had gotten very busy with tuning customers' cars and building some cars as well. It dawned on me that I hadn't heard from Wil, so I contacted him on the phone. This was around February/March. I called numerous times, couldn't get Wil on the phone and couldn't leave a message (his mailbox was always full). I resorted to sending him several PM's here on Honda-tech to find out the status of the pistons, but did not receive a response. At this point, the drag racing season had started here on the East Coast and I was already behind on getting the engine assembled and into the car. Instead of dealing with Exospeed, I called Arias directly to find out the status of my custom piston. I spoke with a sport compact piston department employee about whether or not Wil had contacted them about my custom pistons and what the status was. The guy I spoke asked for my name, address, etc. to search his work orders to see if the order had in fact been placed and what the status was. There was no record of me or my pistons. I explained the situation to the rep and he said that he spoke to Wil several times a week and would have Wil call me. Wil contacted me and informed me that the pistons had not been ordered, but that he was going to place the order. I was a little aggravated at this point, but I realized that things happen from time to time and so I tried to be understanding. Wil said it would take approx. 4-6 weeks for the custom pistons to be made, but he would try to get them made faster. This was around the beginning of April.

It was the end of April, 4 weeks had passed, so I sent Wil a PM to find out the status of the pistons. It took Wil about a week to get back to me, and he informed me that the pistons were still not ordered. At that point, I couldn't wait any longer to get the engine assembled and in the car, so I ordered Crower billet rods and CP Pistons. I asked Wil if he would refund my money once I sent the rods back. He agreed. I sent them back in May, and have yet to receive my refund. I've sent Wil countless PM's on here, plus I've tried calling, but noone answers and his mailbox is always full. He responded to some of the PM's and said he was going to be sending the check. In the interest of space on this thread and because this post is already long, I won't post the saved PM conversations, but I do have them. More recently I've sent a PM several times a week asking whether the check had been sent out and received no response. There is absolutely no way to contact Wil at Exospeed unless you want to place an order it seems.

I did some searching here and found out that Dylan (purplegsr) had been dealing with customer service issues for Exospeed. I contacted him and he's been very helpful, but to no avail, I still have no refund. Wil told Dylan that he sent the check out to me on June 23rd. I should have received it by now. Conveniently enough, Wil told Dylan that he didn't get a delivery confirmation/tracking number, but assured Dylan that the check was sent out. It doesn't take this long for an envelope to come here from California. I told Dylan I hadn't received the check. He contacted Wil. Wil was supposed to call me today at 3:00 my time to discuss the situation. First, why should he have to call me if he sent the check out? Second, why did I not receive a phone call? I shouldn't feel that bad though. Wil lied to me, I'm only a customer. Dylan is supposed to be his friend, and he lied to him...

Wil, it's very simple. Refund my money. As I've said to you in all the PM's I sent, I've been more than patient with you and I've given you every opportunity to simply write a check and send it to me. I've also told you that I would wait to make a post if I received some sort of response from you. Even after not receiving a response I still didn't post anything. I'm at the point now where this is beyond ridiculous and I owe you no favors and I have no reason to be nice to you. You've had plenty of chances. I hope this helps your business.

Old 07-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund (boosted hybrid)

BUMP; seems like the second time i heard something iffy about exospeed
Old 07-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well that for shure fucked up , i would do what ever it takes to get your money back , this does not look good for " Exospeed"
Old 07-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's fucked up Jeff, I hope you get your refund. Sounds like you've given him more than enough time to take care of this.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund (B18C1CYA)

whatever the situation is you can only worry about what exospeed. I've had manufacturers flat out lie so many times to customers it's rediculous

if will said he sent you a check refund on the 23rd calm dowm and give it 2 weeks, there's no sense for shop bashing over a week.

If he claimed he forgot about your order ect, shop elsewhere he's done alot of good business on here and no one is claiming he flat out stole from them like so many other shops have done.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund (stormy)

jeff is nothing but a stand up guy... he's helped me out alot this season....

GIVE HIM HIS MONEY!!!!!!!!!

good luck jeff
Old 07-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if will said he sent you a check refund on the 23rd calm dowm and give it 2 weeks, there's no sense for shop bashing over a week. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I just received a response from Mark at Exospeed. He just informed me that Wil did not send out the check. I ship stuff all the time, I'm not bashing anyone. I know how long it takes for something to get across the country. I'm not bashing him and I've given him well over two weeks.

Old 07-02-2005, 08:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whatever the situation is you can only worry about what exospeed. I've had manufacturers flat out lie so many times to customers it's rediculous

if will said he sent you a check refund on the 23rd calm dowm and give it 2 weeks, there's no sense for shop bashing over a week.

If he claimed he forgot about your order ect, shop elsewhere he's done alot of good business on here and no one is claiming he flat out stole from them like so many other shops have done.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why not give it 2 months. I think if it were your money you wouldn't be that laid back about it.

Completely unecessary time span to have to wait for a refund. Clearly as Mark has stated the check has not been sent so hopefully Exospeed makes good for this refund.

Good Luck...
Old 07-02-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund (pkoury)

talk out to your *** to someone else

Maybe you have'nt noticed but many sponsors of this site have not been returning because of over zealous customers, you may not give a **** because your selfish but many other people benefit by there sales ect. And the reality is your sales rep is nothing compared to Exospeed at this point.

If on the 23rd he was offered a refund by Will (no one else) than okay it goes out 48 hours later or so actually it would'nt have gone out till likely the following monday the 25th common sense is that the post office can take up to 3 weeks for stuff when you really need it. So on the 8th of July would be 2 weeks and that would be an appropriate time to get other people involved not before like a whiny girl scout

Anything anyone else other than will tells this guys means about as much as the period at the end of this sentenece in the grand scheme

That neing said had it been one of my customers I would have sent a trackable envelope from fed ex for a refund not a piece of easily loseable mail

Old 07-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Stormy, **** YOU!

I've been promised the check was going to be out for two months. I'm not whining; I'm pissed off at this point. I keep being fed that the check is going to be sent out over and over again. The last time that I heard that the check was sent out was June 23rd. Yes, it's been a little over a week, but guess what?!?!?! Exospeed just confirmed through PM's that they have not sent out the check. Why? Because they are waiting on payments from other customers to be able to refund my money. Maybe you rob Peter to pay Paul, but it's not the way I do business.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">talk out to your *** to someone else

Maybe you have'nt noticed but many sponsors of this site have not been returning because of over zealous customers, you may not give a **** because your selfish but many other people benefit by there sales ect. And the reality is your sales rep is nothing compared to Exospeed at this point.

If on the 23rd he was offered a refund by Will (no one else) than okay it goes out 48 hours later or so actually it would'nt have gone out till likely the following monday the 25th common sense is that the post office can take up to 3 weeks for stuff when you really need it. So on the 8th of July would be 2 weeks and that would be an appropriate time to get other people involved not before like a whiny girl scout

Anything anyone else other than will tells this guys means about as much as the period at the end of this sentenece in the grand scheme

That neing said had it been one of my customers I would have sent a trackable envelope from fed ex for a refund not a piece of easily loseable mail

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not some whiny ******* girl scout, I actually know whats going on *******, I'm involved in this situation unlike yourself. So from this point on you can exclude yourself from this thread. Goodbye.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund (pkoury)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pkoury &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm not some whiny ******* girl scout, I actually know whats going on *******, I'm involved in this situation unlike yourself. So from this point on you can exclude yourself from this thread. Goodbye.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you know ****, nothing - nada

will + boosted hybrid = not you

my concern here is not to get involved in the transaction but simply that a guy many of my customers and friends have personally bought from and always done good for is getting bashed by idiots like you that want to make it so that no shops ever come to this board again - **** you'll be happy then, you should go on crusade so all online retailers just quit.

Then we can all go back to getting raped only face to face by local shops who don't care about there rep and just steal the money rather than just lag

and if you even want to talk about experience I've got 200+ vouches on this board. so my oppinion &gt; yours

It's Ironic that the poster has thousands of parts for sale but no pics ( don't worry he's going to post them this evening ) - at least he said so on the 26th but that's okay because lagging is only bad for other people.

Old 07-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

guess what? from reading this thread, i'm not buying **** from STORMY or EXOSPEED
Old 07-02-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund (BlueR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guess what? from reading this thread, i'm not buying **** from STORMY or EXOSPEED</TD></TR></TABLE>

excellent

I really hate soap box humpers anyway.

but seriuosly you've cut me deep hoss -ahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaah - no
Old 07-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Boosted-Hybrid is far from making this an issue for no reason. He is very patient with people and takes alot of bullshit to get to him.
It seems that Exospeed has lied to him on many occasions to try and shut him up for a little.
Biggest thing you learn in this business is dont make timeframes you cant follow up with. And dont send anything un trackable.

BTW, for anyone who doesnt frequent the boards. This isnt the firstr problem with Exospeed lately.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It is so frustrating to be ignored and beeing lied to. No matter how many emails or PMs you send that "company", they just ignore you when they don't feel like answering. That is what they did to me as well. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1251444

I hope you will get your money back now that it is on Honda-tech.
I am surprised that they also treat a person that is so well known on Honda-tech this way.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guess what? from reading this thread, i'm not buying **** from STORMY or EXOSPEED</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-02-2005, 11:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guess what? from reading this thread, i'm not buying **** from STORMY or EXOSPEED</TD></TR></TABLE> Ditto

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

excellent

I really hate soap box humpers anyway.

but seriuosly you've cut me deep hoss -ahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaah - no</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope no one sends this ********** their money.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Stormy, **** YOU!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh ohhh...Don't make Jeff mad....He will kick your ***

I'm amazed that some people are being such ******** about the situation when it comes time to helping out one of the biggest names on Honda Tech. Jeff does favors for everyone, and is excellent at what he does, then when he asks for a little assurance, people have the nerve to come on here and tell him he's wrong? That's rediculous.

Anyway, bump for Jeff, because he knows how to do business right and you would never see this thread created about him.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you know ****, nothing - nada

will + boosted hybrid = not you

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ohh, and BTW, obviously you don't know Jeff and Koury, because I'm sure he is involved just as much as Jeff is.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">will + boosted hybrid = not you

my concern here is not to get involved in the transaction but simply that a guy many of my customers and friends have personally bought from and always done good for is getting bashed by idiots like you that want to make it so that no shops ever come to this board again - **** you'll be happy then, you should go on crusade so all online retailers just quit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have many customers, too. I've never treated a single one of them the this way. If you really would have looked at my signature, you would have noticed that I too am an "online retailer" as you put it. I make sure that anyone who purchases items from my online store or locally is continuously updated on the status of their order.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you know ****, nothing - nada</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, he does. He works with me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And if you even want to talk about experience I've got 200+ vouches on this board. so my oppinion &gt; yours</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think you want to go there.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stormy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's Ironic that the poster has thousands of parts for sale but no pics ( don't worry he's going to post them this evening ) - at least he said so on the 26th but that's okay because lagging is only bad for other people. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You know what, I've sold many of those parts locally, already. People don't NEED pics from me because they know me and know my reputation. I haven't taken anyone's money and promised them an item (or a picture) and not followed through. Furthermore, they are my parts. I can sell them the way I feel necessary. And if you must have a reason as to why I haven't posted them, it's for two reasons. First, I am at my shop all day 6 days a week tuning cars. Then, after my tuning appointments leave, I'm building one of the 4 engines I have there for my customers, and building a drag car. Second reason, I'm wasting my free time for posting pictures trying to deal with Exospeed to get in touch with someone.

To everyone else, thanks for your support. Since I've posted, I've been in touch with Mark at Exospeed and we are trying to work towards a resolution. It should have not come to this after months of waiting to ellicit some response from them.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:46 AM

Hey boosted hybrid, I hope you get your money back mang...
Exospeed , its not fun when u mess up and set a mans projects back and then act like you dont care cause its not you
Old 07-03-2005, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund (vtecluder97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecluder97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Ditto
I hope no one sends this ********** their money. </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn vtecintruder you so hurted me I so sad - boo hoo hooo

you should tell everyone else that too I might deprive them of the ability to bitch if they did and then you would have to vent on small animals instead.

"You know what, I've sold many of those parts locally, already. People don't NEED pics from me because they know me and know my reputation. I haven't taken anyone's money and promised them an item (or a picture) and not followed through. Furthermore, they are my parts. I can sell them the way I feel necessary. And if you must have a reason as to why I haven't posted them, it's for two reasons. First, I am at my shop all day 6 days a week tuning cars. Then, after my tuning appointments leave, I'm building one of the 4 engines I have there for my customers, and building a drag car. Second reason, I'm wasting my free time for posting pictures trying to deal with Exospeed to get in touch with someone. "

so your saying you've sold alot of parts, have a reputation, customers should trust you on faith and your too busy to do as you post. - sounds familiar doesn't it

No ones attacking you but it's the golden rule here. The more posts like this the more chances there are you'll get flamed to **** as well. Had it been July 8th or he had just stop talking IE trying to thieve away thats one thing.

Old 07-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i too have placed an order from wil at exospeed for 2 bogart wheels in late march. i was told around 3 weeks to get them. i had no problem getting ahold of him 3 times to paypal him the money. after a month i tried to give him a call on the status of them. i have not been able to contact him since by phone. i have got ahold of some of the people here on h-t that supposedly (work) for him and there excuse is that bogart is moving to another location and have not shipped them yet. i e-mailed bogart 3 weeks ago, they said exospeed had an order of wheels being shipped to them and they woulds be to them no later than the middle of the following week at the latest. guess what, no wheels yet. i am calling bogart tuesday to see if they were actually moving, if exospeed did recieve there order of wheels, if they did order or ship 2 15x9 fly-star wheels to them. someone from exospeed offered to refund my money, so by this coming friday i had better have recieved a set of wheels or money. i also will be contacting paypal tuesday also.

Modified by speedworks at 6:08 PM 7/7/2005
Old 07-03-2005, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund (speedworks)

not for nothing, but STORMY your a **** sucker.

you complain about overzealous customers, but if you cant take the heat, get the **** out of the kitchen, retail is a cut throat business. more so than any other line of work.

noone gives a **** about your personal credibility here. im glad you can sell ****.

thats not the point, the point is, jeff got jacked by exospeed and they are not fixing the problem.

if i didnt recieve a product for months and months, i would be doing the same thing he is.

for a "company" to have to wait for other customers to pay in order to refund him, that sounds like a whole line of bullshit, if that was the case, exospeed would be out of business.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund (speedworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i too have placed an order from wil at exospeed for 2 bogart wheels in late february. i was told around 3 weeks to get them. i had no problem getting ahold of him 3 times to paypal him the money. after a month i tried to give him a call on the status of them. i have not been able to contact him since by phone. i have got ahold of some of the people here on h-t that supposedly (work) for him and there excuse is that bogart is moving to another location and have not shipped them yet. i e-mailed bogart 3 weeks ago, they said exospeed had an order of wheels being shipped to them and they woulds be to them no later than the middle of the following week at the latest. guess what, no wheels yet. i am calling bogart tuesday to see if they were actually moving, if exospeed did recieve there order of wheels, if they did order or ship 2 15x9 fly-star wheels to them. someone from exospeed offered to refund my money, so by this coming friday i had better have recieved a set of wheels or money. i also will be contacting paypal tuesday also. </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe you should have bought mine.he!!! he!!!! sorry fellows? but i can tell you,if it were me and i had waited this long......I WOULD HAVE DONE MADE A TRIP TO CA. money or a *** whipping.it doesn't matter if it is for 35 bucks or 35 thousand.ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU SAY AND BUISNESS WILL BE GOOD.

if not then YOU WILL see the out come.

to the fellows that have lost money to these guys or in the process of losing.i hope everything works out for the best for you.

harv

sorry for the roid rage...but dam it is people like this that make it so hard to sell something on ht.because they are afraid of being ripped off.i cain't say i blame them.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund (hotrex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hotrex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not for nothing, but STORMY your a **** sucker.

you complain about overzealous customers, but if you cant take the heat, get the **** out of the kitchen, retail is a cut throat business. more so than any other line of work.

noone gives a **** about your personal credibility here. im glad you can sell ****.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess I'm supposed to care about a guy who calls me a **** sucker tells me no cares about credibility and who makes comments on things he knows nothing about because he read a post on the internet.

but I don't and I'm glad you'll never buy from me and anyone else who feels the same - **** all of you. Seriously one more time - **** ALL OF YOU

ebay's calling you all, have fun

Quick Reply: Wil at Exospeed will not give refund