Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Why not to ship via FedEx (My 4 experiences)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why not to ship via FedEx (My 4 experiences)

I have had 4 shipments from Fedex in the past 2 months. (** Note, I live in an apartment which consists of about 10 units WITH my name next to the buzzer **)

2 Overnight packages.
1 2-day package.
1 Ground package.

-- First Overnight Package --
I waited at my house for 3 FULL days only to go down to the foyer and see that "Attempted Delivery Notice." They had NOT rang my buzzer! How do I know this? I waited at my house all three days like a loser waiting for this package. On that 3rd day, the package is obviously going to go back to the shipper, so I was on my way to the Fedex station when I saw the fedex truck. I approached the driver and asked if he had a package going to my address and he said he did. I asked him if he had rang my buzzer, and he said "yes." But obviously this is a LIE because I had been sitting at home ALL DAY! To make sure my buzzer was in working order, I double checked the buzzer, and sure enough, it works just fine. So basically, this guy had been coming up to my house and leaving stickers on the glass so I would end up going to the fedex station.

--2nd Overnight package --
The shipper forgot to put my Apartment # on the package. But everything else was correct. You would "think" that if someone shipped something via overnight, there must be a certain amount of urgency involved, and one would look for my name on the list of tenants. There are NOT many units in this apartment building. Is this too much to ask when you pay $25.00 for overnight shipping? The attempt was around noon, but when I checked the tracking information, it was around 1:30PM and the tracking information listed "Incorrect Address." Obviously I called in and asked what is going on. They said that it was because the apartment # was not on the package. During our conversation, it was decided that they would contact the driver and have the package re-delivered the same day. It hits 5:40PM and I decide to check the tracking information again, and it now states "Package in Fedex Location," and the time stamp is 2:42PM. Obviously I call in AGAIN and asked why it was not delivered yet. They claim the driver did not respond. But if they KNEW, not even 2 hours after I had spoken with them that it was NOT going to be delivered, why did they even take down my phone number? I called in and complained again only to be informed that there is no way this package will be delivered until the next day.

-- 2nd Day Air Package --
This is similar to the first overnight package. I waited at my house for 3 FULL days, wasting 3 days of my life only to finally go down the fedex station to pick it up. Never on those 3 days did my buzzer ring, and only 2 out of the 3 days did I receive a notice on my door. When I went to pick it up, they said I was "lucky" because they were making arrangements to have it shipped back to the shipper.

-- Ground Package --
The ONLY package I received ON-Time is this package. But this isn't all good either. A neighbor who was returning from work rang my buzzer saying there was a package downstairs in the foyer. Fedex hadn't even cared to ring my buzzer saying there was a package for me.

** I obviously made complaints over the phone, but it is nearly impossible to file a complaint on their website.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont like UPS/FedEx cuz they dont have ground to hawaii but htey have ground from hawaii. also they deliver on the day that theyre supposed to deliver. if its one or two days early, they sit on their thumb and not deliver it. also they charged my friend $350 to ship rims here(USPS=$100 MAX) and it wasnt overnight or 2nd day.

thats y i only ship USPS priority.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (g2iguy)

this is why i use the united states postal service priority mail 2-3days to your door.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg6si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is why i use the united states postal service priority mail 2-3days to your door.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here. I avoid UPS and Fed EX if at all possible. I shipped a set of Nissan cams for like 14 bucks WITH priority and insurance. The other day I mailed a **** boot from UPS and it was 13 bucks. Regualr ground. No options.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg6si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is why i use the united states postal service priority mail 2-3days to your door.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly, Gets their on time
Old 06-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (intenseEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by intenseEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exactly, Gets their on time </TD></TR></TABLE>

shipping based on weight not flat rate
Old 06-03-2004, 05:07 PM

FED EX fucked up a brand new set of CP pistons I ordered from Earl.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

iv never had a prob with ethier one ... i dont believe they will ever get **** overnight so i never bother ... only ground for me ... too bad you keep getting the lazy ***'s that dont wana ring the damn buzzer ...
Old 06-03-2004, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Re: (Vera)

Same here never had a problem with fed ex or ups.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Re: (Run Hatch)

UPS lost a package that was "delivered" to me once.