Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Panasonic 40" LCD HDTV

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panasonic 40" LCD HDTV

I have for sale a Panasonic 40 inch LCD television. (model PT-40LC12) The picture quality is quite amazing.

Local buyers prefered unless you are willing to pay for shipping.

asking $1800
If you want the stand its an additional $150.

philosophertu@hotmail.com

here are the features/specs:

Diagonal Screen Size (inches) 40
Aspect Ratio 16:9 (Widescreen)
HDTV Capability: 480p/720p/1080i
(Tuner not included)
Digital Comb Filter Motion-Adaptive 3D-Y/C
Edge Correction Horizontal/Vertical
Progressive Cinema Scan (3/2 Pulldown)
Progressive Scan Doubler (Enhanced)
Wideband Video Amplifier
Artificial Intelligence Sound
Bass/Treble/Balance Controls
BBE High Definition Sound
Built-In Closed Caption Decoder
Speakers 2
Stereo/SAP with dbx NR
Surround Sound
A/V Input Jacks 2 Rear, 1 Front
S-Video Inputs 2 Rear, 1 Front

Features

Enhanced Progressive Scan Doubler
Provides even more image enhancement than the previous progressive scan technology, by improving the quality of diagonal lines in a moving picture. It displays a full frame of video in 1/60th of a second by de-interlacing the incoming video signal and progressively scanning the image. With it, you generally don't see the horizontal scan lines that are often visible in ordinary television images.

1280 x 720 Pixels
Provides incredibly detailed, high-resolution images.

Display Capability PC (VGA, SVGA, and XGA)
The projection display is the ideal centerpiece for a media room, since it can be used as a computer monitor for large screen multimedia applications.

Progressive Cinema Scan (3/2 Pulldown)
Provides more faithful reproduction of film-based materials. Movies on film are converted to NTSC interlaced video (480i) for television by a process known as telecine conversion, in which the 24 frame-per-second film is converted to video at 60 fields per second. The fields are then paired to create 30-frame-per-second 480i video. Some of the frames will contain dissimilar pairs of fields derived from two different frames of the original film, which causes artifacts. Generally, when 480i video is converted to progressive scan (480p), the artifacts from the telecine process will remain. Our progressive cinema scan circuitry, by contrast, converts 480i video to 480p, while restoring the original frames of the film for a more faithful movie reproduction.

3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter - Motion Adaptive
This filter is designed to eliminate hanging dots and works on diagonal patterns to eliminate the color rainbow effect in closely spaced patterns, by compensating for the motion that occurs between fields. As a result, bright colors and fast action scenes are displayed with incredible clarity.

16:9 Aspect Ratio with Selectable 4:3 Scan Mode
Widescreen 16:9 TVs feature a width-to-height ratio similar to movie theater screens, enabling full-screen viewing of high-definition broadcasts and DVD videos produced in 16:9 format. When viewing standard 4:3 (NTSC) video, the Selectable 4:3 Mode feature offers several different options for displaying the images.

Fine Pitch Picture Tube
Picture tubes with fine pitch have smaller, more tightly spaced phosphor dots than the regular picture tubes, to enable an image with much finer detail.

HDTV Display Capability (1080i)
Enables you to view High Definition TV programming in the 1080i signal format. In order to do so, the TV must be connected via its digital component video inputs (Y, Pr, Pb) to an optional (TU-DST52) DTV set-top box and switched to DTV mode. A DTV signal must be present in your area, and the set-top box must be tuned to the proper channel. An external over-the-air antenna may be required.

EDTV Display Capability (480p)
Enables you to view Enhanced Definition TV programming in the 480p signal format. In order to do so, the TV must be connected via its digital component video inputs (Y, Pr, Pb) to an optional (TU-DST52) DTV set-top box and switched to DTV mode. A DTV signal must be present in your area, and the set-top box must be tuned to the proper channel. An external over-the-air antenna may be required. The TV can also display 480p signals from a progressive scan DVD player at full resolution.

Wideband Video Amplifier
Expands the video signal frequency response to more than 10mHz, allowing for an incredible horizontal resolution capability of more than 800 lines.

Video Noise Reduction
Compares the picture signals for individual pixels of two consecutive fields, then removes the noise components that exist in both the luminance and chrominance portions of the signal.

Vertical Edge Correction
Works in conjunction with the digital comb filter to sharpen the horizontal edges of objects in the picture.

Horizontal Edge Correction
Sharpens the edges of objects in the picture. Horizontal edge correction works in conjunction with the dynamic sharpness control and velocity modulated scan to help produce clean, crisp television images and reduce the unwanted effects of video noise.

PC Video Split Screen Display
Allows you to you display a TV signal and computer data simultaneously, so you can watch TV and surf the internet at the same time. The first video image is shown at full size on screen, while the second image is placed as a small insert picture in the corner of the screen.

8-bit P-I-P Image Processing
Provides finer image detail with 256 levels of gra,y from black to white, in the insert picture.

2 Tuner Picture-in-Picture with Split-Screen Display
Allows you view two programs at once by dividing the screen in half down the middle. Each program is shown at full height, with one program on the left side and the other on the right. Audio is played form the program on the left. To listen to the audio from the program on the right, simply switch the pictures using the SWAP button.
You can choose the size of the picture-in-picture window from as small as 1/16 to as large as 1/4 of the main picture.

Audio Features:

Surround Sound
Simulates stereo sound even from a monaural source, by delaying the original 2-channel sound to create a "surround" effect.

BBE High-Definition Sound
Improves speech intelligibility, and restores the dynamic range of musical passages to help provide a more natural sound.

Artificial Intelligence Sound Control
Controls the sound level to prevent wide variations in volume among different TV channels and types of programming.

Stereo/SAP Reception with dbx Noise Reduction
This monitor is equipped with a built-in stereo decoder that can receive both TV stereo and Separate Audio Program (SAP) broadcasts, where available. The dbx noise reduction system helps give you clear, crisp sound with appropriate stereo separation.

Other Features:

Video Picture Memory
Allows you to preset the television's picture parameters to either Standard, Cinema or Vivid, according to various viewing platforms. For instance, you may choose the Cinema preset parameters for DVD movie viewing. Once a preset is chosen, it will remain in effect regardless of which video input is selected.

Component Video Inputs (for HDTV monitors)
Provide outstanding resolution and color accuracy for video images and can accept either progressive or interlaced signals from a variety of sources, including DVD players and DTV set-top receivers/ decoders. The 3-wire connection is comprised of the luminance signal (Y) and two color difference signals, R-Y (PR) and B-Y (PB).

Rapid Tune
A feature that allows you to rapidly switch back and forth between any two channels, by pressing a single button - the ideal way to keep track of two separate programs at the same time.

V-Chip Program Lockout
V-chip technology allows parents to use TV rating codes to block programs that they feel are inappropriate for their children to view. Can be turned on and off through the on-screen menu, using a 4-digit code.

Closed Caption Decoder
Allows you to read on-screen subtitles and other information that accompanies selected TV programming. Closed captioning allows the hearing impaired to more enjoyment of the television viewing.

Specifications

Diagonal Screen Size (inches) 40
Aspect Ratio 16:9
HDTV Display Capability 480p/720p/1080i
Digital Comb Filter Motion-Adaptive 3D-Y/C
Edge Correction Horizontal/Vertical
Progressive Scan
(3/2 Pulldown) Yes
Progressive Scan Doubler Yes (Enhanced)
Wideband Video Amplifier Yes
Artificial Intelligence Sound Yes
Bass/Treble/Balance Controls Yes
Built-In Closed Caption Decoder Yes
Speakers 2
Stereo/SAP with dbx NR Yes
Surround Sound Yes
A/V Input Jacks 2 Rear, 1 Front
S-Video Inputs 2 Rear, 1 Front
Component Video Inputs 2
Headphone Jack Yes
UHF/VHF Inputs 1
Picture-in-Picture Capability 2-Tuner with Split Screen
Remote Control A/V Lighted Disc
V-Chip Program Lockout Yes
Audio Input (for PC) Yes (C3)
Resolution (Pixels) 1280 x 720
8-bit P-I-P Image Processing Yes
Brightness 650 cd/m2
PC Display Capability VGA, SVGA, XGA
Selectable 4:3 Scan Mode Yes
Fixed Audio Output Jacks Yes
RGB Input Yes (D-Sub15)
P-I-P - PC/Video Yes
P-I-P - Scalable Size Yes (1/16 to 1/4)
Dimensions (H x W x D) 35.35" x 38.19" x 15.67"
Weight 92.59 lbs
Old 07-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Panasonic 40" LCD HDTV (m0neynh0s)

This is a good tv. Looks great with a digital transmission. Used to sell it at Circuit city
Old 07-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Panasonic 40" LCD HDTV (JimmieD)

that is a sweet *** TV
Old 07-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK

Good seller!

SHAUNTS99 (rev. indigl)
Old 07-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That thing 0wnz!
Old 07-09-2003, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Panasonic 40" LCD HDTV (B2FiNiTY)

Call me old school, but GT3 would look great on that TV.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much to ship to cali?
Old 07-10-2003, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Panasonic 40" LCD HDTV (INVALID)

thanks fellas..

Shipping to CA will probably be anywhere from $90 - $150. If you are serious I will go get an accurate quote.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish you were in da bay area....dayam! thats awsome!
Old 07-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Panasonic 40" LCD HDTV (AllmotorJunkie)

Is it new or used?
Old 07-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry its sold.