Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

guys please look at this possible scamming buyer

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guys please look at this possible scamming buyer

ok so heres the sorry i bought an s2000 steering wheel and airbag from a member on here last year. recieved it everything was fine. i never installed it on my car and earlier this year sold it to a memeber on this site bc i needed money. so after agreeing to a price below its value i sent it out to the guy. dont here anything for 2 months from him regarding it. then he suddenly sends me a pm saying that he needs me to refund him bc the steering wheel and airbag were for his friends car, and when he took it to a garage to get installed they shop could not get the srs light to turn off and told him it was bc the airbag had been deployed before. i explained to him that if the airbag were deployed the cover would have been ripped. then i dont here anything again for another month, then today i get this sent to me through pm

payyourtoll (9:10 AM 5/17/2006): hey, some new news. I dont need you to reply to this right now, as I know your position is that it the s2000 airbag never deployed before. But it does appear like the bag was deployed or damaged, and the cover was attempted tpo have been repaired. It also appears that there is NO airbag even behind the cover! We are going to get to the bottom of this, probably have Honda check it out. If this holds true then we will certainly need to return this to you. If it is a good bag you have my apologies.

my response

bleedblue94 (9:13 AM 5/17/2006): it s IMPOSSIBLE honda does not sell the cover without a airbag the aribag will deploy if you pry the cover, if the airbag deploys the cover is broken bc the bag shoots out right through the cover.....i dont know who youre talking to but they are feeding you with misinformation

this is just really irratating bc i dont understand and want to make sure you guys all know....ive NEVER dick anyone over with something ive sold and now it just seems like this is BS......
Old 05-17-2006, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: guys please look at this possible scamming buyer (bleedblue94)

guys in s2000 thread are saying im NOT crazy and this guy is full of it
Old 05-17-2006, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

payyourtoll (10:46 AM 5/17/2006): That is exactly what I am trying to figure out. He sold the bag and now that buyer is filing for refund, we have no choice but to go this route. I see your points, just have to get to the bottom of it. The bag definitely feels very soft, I have owned a few s2000s and bought a few additional oem wheels, and never felt one like this. This is the only reason I am approaching you until we find out for sure.

bleedblue94 (10:50 AM 5/17/2006): so now he sold the airbag to someone else??

payyourtoll (10:54 AM 5/17/2006): he was trying to but could not due to the issue.

bleedblue94 (11:15 AM 5/17/2006): you guys can have it check out all you want.....i know that there is no way that was deployed...anyone who knows anything about aribags knows they blow a hole right in the middle of the wheel....a non repairable whole that could not be mistaken for anything else
Old 05-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 05-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm after this many months what can he do? i mean really...does he even have proof of sale from you? tell him to go pound sand
Old 05-17-2006, 09:05 AM

Ok, let me first say. I worked at Honda for 18months in parts. Im now the parts Mang at a very large bodyshop in the DC area.

If the airbag went off you would know. End of story.

I think the guy should take the car to Honda and have it put in. When you airbag goes off you need to replace the clock spring 99% of the time. When the bag fires, it melts the wires the hook up to the bag. When you get the bag back off look at the wires and replace the clockspring. Hook it all back up and clear the codes. If the light stays on hook up the scan tool and read the code. If you have the car at a shitty shop they will not have the right tools to do this. TAKE IT TO HONDA and stop being a cheap ***. Thank you and have a nice day.

PS, you need to tell him SORRY because you guys were in the wrong
Old 05-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: guys please look at this possible scamming buyer (blkturbos2k)

Bump for a good seller/buyer.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: guys please look at this possible scamming buyer (Jeremy D. Swain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jeremy D. Swain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bump for a good seller/buyer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you
Old 05-17-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Re: guys please look at this possible scamming buyer (Jeremy D. Swain)

ok thanks all for the replies. I was the buyer questioning the product. Since it is evident now that the bag never deployed, I will not have any trouble selling it. I will post it fs on h-t shortly, and it will be cheap.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:14 AM

Default Re: guys please look at this possible scamming buyer (payyourtoll)

Good, send me a PM and send pics. Let me know how much you want. Cheap would be $50 + shipping
Old 05-17-2006, 11:16 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkturbos2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cheap would be $50 + shipping</TD></TR></TABLE>

you are right. so would 40, and so would 10.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: guys please look at this possible scamming buyer (payyourtoll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by payyourtoll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are right. so would 40, and so would 10.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ha so true,,,,,280 is very good price for one of these....ive seen them go for upwords of 370....so 280 is very fair
Old 05-17-2006, 12:03 PM

Well, the way you guys make it sound the air bag is no good. If its not then its not worth ****.

So if its no good then all I would be buying is the wheel
Old 05-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there was nothing wrong with the airbag when i sold it to him....and assuming he hasnt done anything to it ....its still fine then

im only bumping for him now bc it seems he is content in the knowledege that it is legit...and always was.....however im not longer going to check this so i would advise pming him directly
Old 05-17-2006, 12:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bleedblue94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there was nothing wrong with the airbag when i sold it to him....and assuming he hasnt done anything to it ....its still fine then

im only bumping for him now bc it seems he is content in the knowledege that it is legit...and always was.....however im not longer going to check this so i would advise pming him directly</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya, thats cool. But you are acting like a girl. Some of us stand up for you and as soon as you get what you want you back down. If the airbag is fucked up now I will pay $50 or so for the wheel.

I havent seen one post from you where you told ANYONE thank you for there help. Let me make sure I help you out next time
Old 05-17-2006, 12:32 PM
* B A N N E D *

It's worth a PasswordJDM CF block off plate at most.

The cover would definitely show if the airbag has been deployed. Theres no way to fix it, especially a drivers one.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

listen jackass...before you go running your mouth look 7 posts before your last one.....what does it say????

THANK YOU

i appreciate youre help but why say im acting like a girl????
what do i have to gain from still being a dick after i was provedn wrong....are my nuts going to swell bigger and make me more of a man....some of us dont need to beat our own chests like other people on this site (and no im not talking about you) ...and i see no need to act like an *** to the buyer bc i dont know for sure if he was trying to dick me over or if he honestly didnt know.....why should i assume

but once again

THANK YOU

to those who came to my defense....including you
Old 05-28-2006, 02:58 PM

OK EVERYONE!

The wheel is up for sale, was finally able to snap pictures. This is the precise condition it was received in. As the whole board says, the bag could not have been deployed, so this is a Super deal for someone

http://hondamarketplace.com/ze...id=10