Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

'97 DX HB Blk for SALE, sacrifice! NY/NJ/CT area

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '97 DX HB Blk for SALE, sacrifice! NY/NJ/CT area

'97 DX HB blk 5-sp. with A/C. 139k mi. Mileage is 99.5% highway! I 'm the 1st and only owner. Motor is in great condition and does NOT burn a drop of OIL!! This is a very reliable car and I have never broken down! Body is in good shape too but has a long very thin scratch on the passenger door (neighbor who works at a body shop said it's about $400 to fix)
Car is all STOCK excpet for Borbet Type-T 14x6" wheels (14lbs, less than 2yrs old) and Yoko AVS Interm. 195-60-14s w/8k mi. on them. Car handles well for stock with just this mod..

- Has new axle-back exhaust & new muffler.
- Have a pair of Brembo rotors & AXXIS MM pads brand new in their boxes that I haven't had time to put on (have been racing my GSR a lot on the weekends). I 'll throw them in with the car.
- Timing belt was done at 91k mi. with water pump, new hoses & radiator flushed.
- 2 Tune-ups done. One at 60k mi. & one at 110k, Couple of brake jobs, etc.
- Have ALWAYS used HONDA oil filters. Oil changed every 3500 mi, Castrol GTX.
- Interior in great shape. NOONE has ever sat in the car except for me.

Asking $2,950 only because of scratch. That is dealer-trade in price minus the $$ to fix the scratch. Look it up at KBB. Retail is $4500-5,000.

I live 55mi. North of the GW Bridge. I 'm about 35min. from CT & 33miles from the North Jersey border.
If you know anyone that 's interested please e-mail me at VTECHARRY@yahoo.com
Old 08-05-2001, 08:11 PM
New User

Default Re: '97 DX HB Blk for SALE, sacrifice! NY/NJ/CT area (VTEConly)

any pics?.......my bro my be interested.
Old 08-06-2001, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '97 DX HB Blk for SALE, sacrifice! NY/NJ/CT area (hobo79)

Sorry, I don't have any JPEGs of the car. It's a stock black DX HB but looks nicer with the alloy wheels. Go to tirerack.com and pretend you 're shopping for wheels. Put in a Civic HB and then select the Borbet Type-T wheels. It 'll show a picture of the Civic HB with those wheels on so you can get a pretty good idea of what it looks like. I actually think it looks a lot better in real life than the tirerack pic but it's pretty close.
Old 08-06-2001, 11:32 AM
Trial User

2,950? I'd be willing to drive up there from TN, possibly, to buy at that price. Hmp. Email me with details at hypes2k@yahoo.com
Old 08-06-2001, 11:38 AM
Trial User

Default Re: '97 DX HB Blk for SALE, sacrifice! NY/NJ/CT area (hypes2k)

If it's still available, email me at hypes2k@yahoo.com
Old 08-06-2001, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the title clean? Your price is astonishingly low for a 96 DX hatch...
Old 08-06-2001, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '97 DX HB Blk for SALE, sacrifice! NY/NJ/CT area (MugenHondaFormula1)

I knew the price was that low but I didn't think it was that low! Like I said it has a pretty long scratch and I 'm told it's at least $400 to fix. I figure I didn't want to waste time trying to sell it for retail so I chose to sell it at or close to trade-in value so I can sell it quickly. That is my intent and from the looks of it, it will be sold most likely tomorrow because I have a couple of people from this board & h-a.net coming over to see it. If you guys are serious please use my e-mail address above. I will not be initiating e-mails, I got too many inquiries already..
Does anyone know why I 'm getting VERY serious inquiries (people want to wire me the money) from Texas (2 people!), Ohio, Kansas, & Florida (and now Tenesse)? Is it because the Civic HB is rare in those states? or are these people trying to resell it and make money? I mean doesn't the airfair set them back a few hundred bucks? or do they all work for the airlines and don't pay a dime to travel? It 's just kinda weird that people want to pay for the car without even looking at it at first (wish I had JPEGs but I don't even think I have any regular pics of the car that I could scan, to me it was just a reliable commuter car... now my GSR I have a few pics of that, on 3 wheels too!)
Harry
Old 08-07-2001, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a cheap 97 hatch is hard to come by - and telling from your descrip of the car it sounds like its in really good condition
man i wish i was the $$ for it! i just bought a 92 Hatch with a beat motor a few months back for $2300
Old 08-07-2001, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '97 DX HB Blk for SALE, sacrifice! NY/NJ/CT area (EGinNJ)

sold
Old 08-07-2001, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '97 DX HB Blk for SALE, sacrifice! NY/NJ/CT area (EGinNJ)

Car was sold to the 1st person that drove up to see it this morning. It so happens he 's a friend but he found out about the car the same way everyone else did, from my post here. He drove up 100mi. from Central Jersey early this morning! This is probably a record sale. The car was sold about 24hrs after I advertised it.
Thanks everyone for your interest. I counted about 60 e-mails in my mailbox! The funny thing is, only a handful of people called last night compared to the # of e-mails I got. This goes to show you, that you can't waste time when something great comes along otherwise it may pass you by.. (wow I sound like a philosopher).
Also thanks to those who made higher offers than what I was aksing. The highest bid turned out to be $3500 but had several at $3100 & 3200. The car was sold at what I asked, $2950. If you figure in the free Brembo rotors & AXXIS pads I gave out brand new in the box, the car was sold for around $2830.
Now that I look at it, I still can't believe I sold it that low, but I 'd like to wish Matt the best of luck with it, although I don't think he 'll need it, since he plans to convert the car to a hybrid with new suspension. It kinda worked out good because I 'm picking up a new '01 blue EX coupe today (wish me luck too, hehe)
thanks everyone & thanks H-T for helping me sell the car in a speedy manner.
Harry
PS. Look out for my classified ad again in 4yrs when I sell my EX coupe, you 're guaranteed to get another good deal