Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

3D Printed Shift Knob. ONLY $35+5 S&H!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D Printed Shift ****. ONLY $35+5 S&H!

Hello yall. It's been a while. I've been out of the Honda scene for a while and recently got back in.

So I made a 3D printed, 2-piece shift ****. Designing is a passion of mine and with the 3D printing technology, I can make whatever I want! Its amazing! I have been printing things for my car, and especially wanted to design a shift ****. This is it. I used only HIGH quality parts, and printed and tuned over and over again until the texture was perfect. I made a small batch for myself and a few friends, and I have 3 left over that I am selling to the world.

Anyway the shift **** utilizes ASA plastic which is heat resistant and UV resistant. It is quality material from Fillamentum which is made in the Czech Republic. It cost 2x standard ABS filament and no one really stocks is. You can check for yourself.

It has ALL stainless steel hardware as well. Pattern is M10 x 1.5 and threads are 45mm deep so it should fit all Honda shifters and cover all the threads.

It weighs ~100 grams (heavier than the Spoon **** and lighter than a Type-R ****) but most of its weight is distributed along the axis of the shifter, unlike most machined metal *****, so it has a smooth, yet direct feel. I call it “low inertia”. Basically it doesn’t feel like it moves itself. I personally hate that feel in heavier *****.

It is 2-piece so it comes with a bottom portion that slips over the locking flange nut. This gives a clean look with no sharp lines or exposed hardware! This is the FIRST of its type I’ve seen and I am quite proud and happy about the way it turned out.

I am selling a few of them. Not trying to get rich, just trying to share my passions and designs with everybody! I spent countless hours and went thru spools of filament designing, fitting, and re-designing this thing. So I hope you guys enjoy it. Personally, I LOVE it because every aspect of it is PERFECT to me. It is the perfect weight, fits the hand perfectly, is made of durable and beautiful materials, and looks amazing.

Price is ONLY $35 + $5 shipping (PayPal fees already included) = $40 shipped. PayPal, Venmo. Bitcoin or Litecoin payments get discounted $5. So as you can see, I am not trying to get rich off these. I just want to share with the world and hopefully recoup $ on my materials.

Please TEXT me at 909-568-6038, or ADD me on IG @the_ropes_design_. I do not check back at this site often enough to answer your PM's as frequently as I would like to.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 3D Printed Shift ****. ONLY $35+5 S&H!

Nice work!! I make shift boots and other little odds and end in our upholstery shop. I'll send people your way for rings!
Old 01-23-2019, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B20vCRX
Nice work!! I make shift boots and other little odds and end in our upholstery shop. I'll send people your way for rings!
Thank you sir! You got PM
Old 01-24-2019, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Nice you should insert a small tab showing the gears 1-5 and a red R on top would make it look legit imo. But its pretty light compared to the 440 gram ***** by skunk2 ect. The extra weight gives for smoother shifting which I concur and enjoy, it makes a big difference from a OEM weight **** to a heavy weighted **** like the Sk2. If it was heavier I think more people would be interested. Non the less great work and craftsmanship!
Old 01-25-2019, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Nice you should insert a small tab showing the gears 1-5 and a red R on top would make it look legit imo. But its pretty light compared to the 440 gram ***** by skunk2 ect. The extra weight gives for smoother shifting which I concur and enjoy, it makes a big difference from a OEM weight **** to a heavy weighted **** like the Sk2. If it was heavier I think more people would be interested. Non the less great work and craftsmanship!
Thank you. Yeah, I tried an insert, but it looks ugly 3D printed. No where as clean as something that was machined. I think the contrast in quality between 3D printed engraving and machining would turn people off.

Yeah it is pretty light. I'm not a huge fan of heavy ***** though, it feels sloppy to me. I think this one feels nice and direct, most of the weight is around the center of the shifter so it doesn't feel like it shifts by itself when you are moving thru the gears.

Thank you for your kind words.

I am planning to do a heavier **** though, I think the heaviest I can get it with the present design is ~200g. I'm not sure how to get it past that, due to the body being mostly plastic.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Try making a space for inserting coins for weight. make the top screwable with a compartment that fits coins so the weight is adjustable.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by SyDuck
Thank you. Yeah, I tried an insert, but it looks ugly 3D printed. No where as clean as something that was machined. I think the contrast in quality between 3D printed engraving and machining would turn people off.

Yeah it is pretty light. I'm not a huge fan of heavy ***** though, it feels sloppy to me. I think this one feels nice and direct, most of the weight is around the center of the shifter so it doesn't feel like it shifts by itself when you are moving thru the gears.

Thank you for your kind words.

I am planning to do a heavier **** though, I think the heaviest I can get it with the present design is ~200g. I'm not sure how to get it past that, due to the body being mostly plastic.
I would make a small bevel on top to insert a gear selection tab similar to this! You could try adding weight like a metal insert inside to give it weight. The weighted shift ***** come in handy on highly modified to track inspired builds where quicker shifts and a more precise shift feel is desired.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you. Good ideas, I will look into it. The coin idea is good, I am just worried about noise. I could fit approximately 2 more m10 bolts to the top which would bump the weight to ~200g. But of course, buyer demand needs to accompany redesigning and testing.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump!
Old 02-14-2019, 12:29 AM
Trial User

Got mine and put it in today. I like it. I was anticipating sanding and/or painting it but I actually like the texture produced by the 3D printer. Makes it more interesting.