Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Wildwood Dpha vs ITR brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Wildwood Dpha vs ITR brakes

Originally Posted by .Manny.
I just installed their 11.75" 6 Piston Kit on the smaller 9.5" rotor Hub (dx/Si)
That kit fits under the 15" 6uls? What width are you running and are you using any spacers? I called fastbrakes a while back and they told me I would have to switch to DA knuckles if I wanted to run 15" wheels and use an OTS kit.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Touching My Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 90civichbsi
That kit fits under the 15" 6uls? What width are you running and are you using any spacers? I called fastbrakes a while back and they told me I would have to switch to DA knuckles if I wanted to run 15" wheels and use an OTS kit.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm running 20mm spacers in order for them to clear these 15x8 +36 949 6ULs.

I will be purchasing some Rays 57DRs in 15x8. My internet digging shows that those will fit over these brakes.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried to order the Hawk DTC-60 in the .490 thickness from a Canadian supplier (Marcor). Was told hawk no longer sell the .490 thinkness and we have to buy the .600 thickness and sand them down. Since we have to get the .600 think pads I ordered the DTC-70 as we prefer them over the DTC-60. Any good fast way to sand them down? I have a belt sander but that might be a bit intense. lol. I would say i only need to get 1MM sanded off them as the .490 think pads had a small amount of play in the calipers when new.

Outside of a bit of pad sorting, we like the calipers on our racecar. Its a 2400LB, 174WHP DelSol. No brake cooling ducts, and Brembo blank rotors. Find they have a bit better feel later in the races, pad wear is more even, we are able to wear the pads down to about 1-1.5MM think before they just heat soak and stop working. Plus the pads lasted 3 raceday, while our factory brakes only did 2 race weekends. We have about 130min of track time per day. Not much for straights at the track so brakes get a pounding. So i would give them 2 thumbs up. lol
Old 09-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Touching My Member

For reference...Rays 57DR 15x8 4x100 +35 will clear the Fastbrakes 11.75" 6-Piston Wilwood Kit.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just put a set of these on my 01 Integra GSR. Last I checked it was at 2450 w/o driver and a 1/4 tank of fuel. I was having braking issues with the car using the Hawk Street Race compound back in July. The were worn and needed replaced anyways. They calipers looked like they were in need of a rebuild also. I priced out the pads I wanted to run and the parts to rebuild the front calipers. It wasn't cheap. I figured I would give the DPHA calipers a shot. Wilwood and Hawk/Raybestos/Porterfield pads are substantially cheaper than using the Integra pad shape. The weight saving is nice also.

I chose the Polymatrix B compound and got them bedded in to the resurfaced rotors. I also took out the HPS pads in the rear and replaced those with Wearever Silvers from AAP. Took the car to Mid-Ohio last week and it felt great. No fade, great bite, solid and responsive pedal and the bias felt good. No issues at all in the backstretch braking zone or anywhere else on course. I'm very happy with them on the car.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is there a way to run 280mm or 294mm mini rotor with Wildwood Dpha 4 Piston caliper ???
Old 06-19-2018, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Custom caliper holder...
Old 06-20-2018, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

You might be able to do it with a small rotor upright and the fastbrakes 11” caliper bracket kit with Corrado or Mini rotors. The Fastbrakes kit adapts standard Integra or big Civic calipers and Corrado rotors to small Covic knuckles, so on paper it makes sense. Also I’m not positive, but the Corrado and ITR rotors might be a little too thick. I’d like to try and mock it up on my setup, but I need a DPHA caliper to try it out.

The catch is that, if you don’t have the knuckles and conversion brackets already, it’s probably more economical to use a standard Dynapro caliper with an appropriate adapter bracket.

just some thoughts.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Two Things:
1) Spadam- was pleasantly surprised to see your avatar and location. Love me some JB, hope you've got to see them since their reunion. 5 shows in for me
2) These DPHA brakes are amazing. I don't get why so many people, and maxogsr in particular, are hating on them. For the money I would way rather have these over Legend calipers or ITR calipers. We are running DTC-60s with these. You mentioned previously how your friend had to machine material off, I did too the first time I ordered pads, as there are two different thicknesses and I got the wrong ones. Haven't had to since with the correct thickness pads. That being said we are making 167whp in a 2200lbs civic and doing endurance racing with them. Our last set of pads we got ~29ish hours, and there is still some life left in them. This was at Thunderhill 5mi, and Buttonwillow 13CW using Federal RS-RRs. They provide great feel, and excellent stopping power.

All in all, I would say for $400 for this or, what, $300 for a full ITR setup, I would go with the DPHAs every time.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Without running a FastBrake Bracket, does anyone know of a Willwood 4 or 6 piston caliper that will bolt up to Integra/ EM1 knuckles and fit the 11.1" Mini rotor?
I'm currently running the Legend/ Mini rotor combo, but want to change things up because of the weight of the Legend calipers.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If anyone wants a very slightly used set of Type R Calipers, 280mm Mini Cooper Rotors (NEW!), and some Hawk HP+ Pads 85+% life left on them (Front Only), I recently switched over to the Wilwood Setup for my Touge Monster.

There are reasons as to WHY I went with the Wilwoods and I was satisfied with both setups over the OEM configuration for my aggressive usage.

Cheers,

-Ryan
Old 09-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup just did the kit from fast brakes 11.1 Corrado rotor and wilwood Dpha and they fit under my Volk TE37 15x6.5 39mm offset

Originally Posted by spAdam

You might be able to do it with a small rotor upright and the fastbrakes 11” caliper bracket kit with Corrado or Mini rotors. The Fastbrakes kit adapts standard Integra or big Civic calipers and Corrado rotors to small Covic knuckles, so on paper it makes sense. Also I’m not positive, but the Corrado and ITR rotors might be a little too thick. I’d like to try and mock it up on my setup, but I need a DPHA caliper to try it out.

The catch is that, if you don’t have the knuckles and conversion brackets already, it’s probably more economical to use a standard Dynapro caliper with an appropriate adapter bracket.

just some thoughts.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Get out of my head. I was just thinking about this today!

Guessing you are on the 9.5" DX/LX/etc knuckle? How is the pad clearance with the thicker Corrado rotor?
Old 02-17-2020, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They fit just fine with the pads that come with the kit I did the fast brake kit few years back loved it had to swap the knuckles years back and when I wanted more I messaged fast brake and they recommend the Will wood kit. The guys at fast brakes are amazing I’ve ordered three kits from them over the past ten years for different cars
Originally Posted by spAdam
Get out of my head. I was just thinking about this today!

Guessing you are on the 9.5" DX/LX/etc knuckle? How is the pad clearance with the thicker Corrado rotor?
Old 02-18-2020, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Neat. I’ve been eying a mothballed set at work that work used on a Fit project a few years ago. Hopefully I can nab them before they go in the dumpster during the purge. I don’t think they ever even made it to the track.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any feedback from guys who have been using the DHPA for a couple years now? Debating doing these or the ITR/Mini/TSX set-up on my CX.

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

We have been running the DPHA calipers on our EG Civic endurance car for a few years with zero problems. We do run brake cooling which we feel is critical for the brakes and CV's to survive endurance races. Minor downside is pad taper, but easy to flip the pads half way through their life. Big plus is cheaper race pads for this application.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tedr
We have been running the DPHA calipers on our EG Civic endurance car for a few years with zero problems. We do run brake cooling which we feel is critical for the brakes and CV's to survive endurance races. Minor downside is pad taper, but easy to flip the pads half way through their life. Big plus is cheaper race pads for this application.
That is a great idea, I get that taper with the Forged Dynalite kit (140-6310-D) as well. I bet it takes a few laps for them to come back after flipping them.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ive had zero pad taper with the stoptech kit
Old 10-02-2020, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
ive had zero pad taper with the stoptech kit
I had it on one side, and figured out that my caliper spindle ears must have been tweaked at some point. Just finished reshimming with longer caliper bolts to get the rotor better centered bottom to top.