Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Two cars and what to do. 91 hatch 99 integra

Old 08-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Two cars and what to do. 91 hatch 99 integra

I purchased another car because i couldn't pass up a great deal so now i don't know what to do lol.
So i have two cars here and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. I just want NA, not going turbo. I want to do some autocross, some HPDE events.

1991 civic hatch DX D15 engine, 5 speed, Super mint condition. Very very little rust. 96k miles. All stock.
1999 Integra Basically a GSR. It was an LS but the previous owner had swapped in a Jap. B18c gsr engine unknown miles runs good.
The previous owner of the Integra hit a curb and it needs some control arms, a fender, a bumper. nothing too major.

Neither of these is my daily driver. So my options look like this.
Fix the Integra and keep both as is
Pull what i want off the integra and put it in the civic. Motor, trans, seats, brakes and whatever else fits.
Sell the civic and fix up the Integra. Because the Integra already has the motor i want in it.
Pull the motor and trans out of the Integra and sell both and buy a nicer body Integra to put the motor in.

I live in NJ and one great thing that happened here recently is 1995 and older cars do not require inspection at all. So if i get a 1995 or older car then i can swap in the b18c and have no worries about an inspection sticker. Now with the 1999 Integra. I'll have to get it through inspection.

Oh and the Integra has a Salvage title. So im not even sure i can get it on the road in NJ.
Attached Images      

Last edited by Shawncs; 08-09-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Two cars and what to do. 91 hatch 99 integra

My opinion is you should build the Integra as a track car. The way you describe it, it is a great candidate for a track car. It will probably not be competitive in autocross because if where it will be category-wise (engine swap = SM and SM in an NA car is normally not competitive). It will be great for HPDE events.

I would keep the Civic as is and enjoy it. You seem to have a clean unmolested model, which is rare nowadays.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what Matt said, although the integra is heavier it is a superior chassis
Old 08-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EFOSV.
what Matt said, although the integra is heavier it is a superior chassis
I actually ended up bailing on the Civic and getting another integra LS with a good body to swap the motor and trans into. Although the civic was nice and it handled really well. I actually like driving the Integra more. And the Integra body with the body damage actually had more damage to it then i noticed at first. It looks like the whole wheel well is pushed in and that upper well frame looks a bit bent. I guessing it could be fixed but i dont know what that would involve. I guess just pulling it back out untill its straight. And it has a salvage title. So that a PITA to get back on the road in NJ.
Attached Images