Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Track Video(s) Too Good Not to Share...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Track Video(s) Too Good Not to Share...

Originally Posted by gramkrackers
Yeah they are quite loud, I like how audible street tires are though (Y). Are you from around the GTA?
Indeed they are. You have wayyyy more steering input than necessary. It seems you're trying to compensate for a generous amount of under steer. I don't want to jack this thread, so if youre interested on another's perspective and maybe some constructive criticisms shoot me a PM. I'm no guru, just callz'em likes I seez'em and want to help save some tires and money, maybe help shave a bit of time off your laps and have more fun.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My last track video I put together. It was raining so I really didn't get any fast laps so I just put together all the drifting and understeering you know all the stuff The jdm fan boys love.

Place: buttonwillow california

Date: 12-23-12

Event: hff battle

Hope u guys get a kick out of it. Enjoy.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol @ the music.

Nice car control-- just pushing too hard most of the time. Learn the rain line and you'll be one of the fastest guys on the track. The whole 4:15 mess could have been avoided with a 9 and 3 wheel hold, as well. Just my $0.2. Looks like fun!

Since I'm here, I found this little gem... This is me in a BMW E46 325 Touring Car in 2007. This was one of the last races of the first racing season I ever competed in, the only season in club racing I did before heading into Grand-Am and ALMS. It's funny watching this stuff-- I definitely had a lot more courage than talent! You can skip to the 23:00 mark, for the most part. That's when my tires are kind of burned off and I get passed by a little E30 M3 (that weighed 500lbs less than my car). No excuses. I made some mistakes. Also, ignore what happens at the 3:05 mark... not sure about that one. Enjoy!

Last edited by MBellRacing; 12-30-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ekgabex
My last track video I put together. It was raining so I really didn't get any fast laps so I just put together all the drifting and understeering you know all the stuff The jdm fan boys love.

http://youtu.be/P37K5pZOMVI

Place: buttonwillow california

Date: 12-23-12

Event: hff battle

Hope u guys get a kick out of it. Enjoy.

I ******* love it lol.

Seriously i wish my local track had no walls (or at least not any that are as close as they are) so that i could be like that.

But yeah learn the rain line and you'll be surprised how much it can shave off.

I dropped 4 seconds in my car after i learned the rain line. Which surprised me honestly lol
Old 12-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MBellRacing
Lol @ the music.

Nice car control-- just pushing too hard most of the time. Learn the rain line and you'll be one of the fastest guys on the track. The whole 4:15 mess could have been avoided with a 9 and 3 wheel hold, as well. Just my $0.2. Looks like fun!
Yeah thanks lol I usally just put pandora on and have at it lol it's my second time driving in the rain and I had a few good laps and the 4.15 came out of nowhere! Lol I was not ready for it.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ekgabex
Yeah thanks lol I usally just put pandora on and have at it lol it's my second time driving in the rain and I had a few good laps and the 4.15 came out of nowhere! Lol I was not ready for it.
i was there and saw most of these but the best was 3:05. i would like to have seen that bad boy from outside the car. sideways over that had to be exciting. hahah good stuff.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdm_AE86
Yah it seems like a very good event. Like i said hopefully i can come out. I was suppose to attend this past year but had to bail last minute. What class are you running in?
I am running GT4, and will be staying there next year. I am hopefully going to have a bit better setup for next year as far as suspension goes, and I discovered I had torn rear trailing arm bushings when I took the car apart this winter so who knows how long they were like that. I was able to run a 1:25.1 at TMP on Star Specs that were getting a bit worn so should be better next year. I hope to see you out!

Originally Posted by heel_touge
Indeed they are. You have wayyyy more steering input than necessary. It seems you're trying to compensate for a generous amount of under steer. I don't want to jack this thread, so if youre interested on another's perspective and maybe some constructive criticisms shoot me a PM. I'm no guru, just callz'em likes I seez'em and want to help save some tires and money, maybe help shave a bit of time off your laps and have more fun.
Awesome, PM'd
Old 12-31-2012, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by heel_touge
i was there and saw most of these but the best was 3:05. i would like to have seen that bad boy from outside the car. sideways over that had to be exciting. hahah good stuff.
Sliding is fun and stuff.. But I'd rather have grip on my car as I'm smashing. It is a good feeling to throw the car sideways and play with the throttle
Old 12-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gramkrackers
I am running GT4, and will be staying there next year. I am hopefully going to have a bit better setup for next year as far as suspension goes, and I discovered I had torn rear trailing arm bushings when I took the car apart this winter so who knows how long they were like that. I was able to run a 1:25.1 at TMP on Star Specs that were getting a bit worn so should be better next year. I hope to see you out!

Awesome, PM'd
Damn thats a good time for gt4. Unfortunately i have alot of mods but have a stock motor so i get bumped up to the higher classes which wouldnt make me very competitive. To add fuel to the fire i bought a supercharger which would make me gt1 or gt2 i cant remember. yikes lol
Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdm_AE86
Damn thats a good time for gt4. Unfortunately i have alot of mods but have a stock motor so i get bumped up to the higher classes which wouldnt make me very competitive. To add fuel to the fire i bought a supercharger which would make me gt1 or gt2 i cant remember. yikes lol
Yeah I got pretty fortunate with the car, it is in really good shape. And yeah thats what alot of guy face, but its not as bad as everyone thinks. I am hoping to compete at CSCS next year too so my times are good but my B20 is gonna struggle against the K swapped cars lol
Old 01-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you run on street tires you might be able to get a podium with that time. Pretty sure the fastest time this past season was a 1:23.3 in that class
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ARRC 2012 ProIT, almost crash: https://vimeo.com/52727795
ARRC 2012 sprint, almost crash (oil): https://vimeo.com/52904123
ARRC 2012 qual (1:40.7 with traffic and errors): https://vimeo.com/52889616
Old 02-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A few of mine

Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

From Early Feb,

Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EKtypeRhaTcH
For what it's worth, you look to be too far back in your seating position. You arm is fully extended when the wheel is 90 degrees. Your arm should never be fully extended or even close to full extension.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A little east coast flavor checking in here. This first video is from a little road course outside of Indy called Putnam Park.

This one is up in Michigan, near Grand Rapids, called Grattan Raceway.

Before you ask, the car is a '88 CRX Si with Koni/GCs/Sway bars, I/H/E, original engine with 200K, basic weld-in roll bar, and 225/45-15 Nitto NT-01's.

New build underway, EJ1 coupe with over 350K on the shell. Stock GSR engine, ITR trans, a little bit of aero, and an awful lot of gutting ;-)
Old 03-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by miamirice
For what it's worth, you look to be too far back in your seating position. You arm is fully extended when the wheel is 90 degrees. Your arm should never be fully extended or even close to full extension.
Thanks for the tip! I'm still new to this, I may need to extend the wheel out or get a wheel with an offset. I tried to sit closer but my legs felt cramped up. Very uncomfortable.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Erturbo very well done man. That crx seems like a very well built car with only a d16. Really enjoyed watchin that. After watching that my zc 90 hatch seems slow lol
Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Erturbo
A little east coast flavor checking in here. This first video is from a little road course outside of Indy called Putnam Park.

http://youtu.be/6RyamsA38dA

This one is up in Michigan, near Grand Rapids, called Grattan Raceway.

http://youtu.be/a71T3qjhIIw

Before you ask, the car is a '88 CRX Si with Koni/GCs/Sway bars, I/H/E, original engine with 200K, basic weld-in roll bar, and 225/45-15 Nitto NT-01's.

New build underway, EJ1 coupe with over 350K on the shell. Stock GSR engine, ITR trans, a little bit of aero, and an awful lot of gutting ;-)

Very nice
Old 09-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can we just call this "torturing Porsches"? TMR event at Sonoma Raceway this past weekend. The guys driving those beautiful machines are buddies and it was all in good fun, nothing more. B16 Civic EK, 180whp, fully built race car...

Old 09-26-2013, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet. Man you are smooth around that place.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Haven't seen too many dirt videos in this thread, so here's one of my hillclimb runs. My poor attempt at multi-camera editing. 98 ITR, B18C5, DPR Stage 6 head, turbo on E85. I had blown up my ITR gearbox a few races prior, so this is with an old LS box with a Quaife LSD. Really missing the ITR gearing on the steep sections...

Old 09-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by G2civic
Haven't seen too many dirt videos in this thread, so here's one of my hillclimb runs. My poor attempt at multi-camera editing. 98 ITR, B18C5, DPR Stage 6 head, turbo on E85. I had blown up my ITR gearbox a few races prior, so this is with an old LS box with a Quaife LSD. Really missing the ITR gearing on the steep sections...

CHCA Temple Canyon Hillclimb - #460 Rally 2WD - Race Run 2 - YouTube
And the best video of the thread thus far goes to...
I give anyone credit who will can race a car on the dirt, thru a forest or mountain with death just around every corner.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man!! I try not to think of the things off the side of the roads too much, but this race has one exception. The left turn into the finish at about 3:44 has at least a ~500 foot cliff, straight down into a river on the outside. That course has multiple turns named after drivers also, if you know what I mean.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default All four front right ARP wheel studs sheer off on last lap

With my friend Bonnie, at Sonoma Raceway, NASA, HPDE group 4.
After explaining what was going to happen while sitting on grid, I asked if she had any questions. She replied "what do I do with my gum? and I just had to laugh, she was very relaxed.

Too bad all four of my right front ARP wheel studs SHEER THE **** OFF on the last lap. Bizarre. Keep it under control, I thought I had a flat, not a tri-pod. Next time something weird happens, I am going to come to a controlled stop much quicker and not try to reach the safety truck. That was a mistake. If something breaks, it doesn't fix itself, it gets worse ! Repeat to self as necessary !

My buddy is driving the white M3 starting behind me with Bonnie's friend, "Ice", in his passenger seat. He forgets its not a "race" and checks out on me. Gave him proper **** for that or we would have had a cam on my car when the studs broke and wheel got trapped in the wheel well.

She is a sweet girl, got the ride of her life....be nice...

Last edited by SCoupe 5sp; 11-01-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Track Video(s) Too Good Not to Share...