Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Stolen Racecar, Nova Scotia, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Found) Stolen Racecar, Nova Scotia, Canada

I know its not a Honda, but the shop i work at keeps a bunch of Race cars, including mine.
Friday night 1 was stolen. All white 25ish foot trailer with a freshly built E46 BMW M3 race car inside. Well over $100,000 in the car.
Owner put up $10,000 cash to anyone who gets it tracked down.

I know most of you guys are state-side, but there is a small chance it went that way and the more eyes the better. May still be local, we feel they most likely stole the trailer and had no idea what was inside.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

It was found in the woods about 1 hour from the shop. looks like they decided it had a little more attention then they thought. Guessing they stole it for the trailer. Then found the racecar inside. They stole about $15,000 in tools and spares, They started to strip the car, but must have figured it was all pretty rare parts for our area. left everything there for us to reinstall lol. Cops know it was at a house else wear, just tring to prove that to arrest someone now. Trashed the trailer pretty bad hauling down a logging road, but outside of a few nicks and scratches on the car, and a few missing stickers it seems good. Police released it to us sat, and its getting prepped by the guy who built it this week. Best part is, he is leaving all the finger print stickers the Police put on the car and getting a sticker for the trunk that says, "Drive it like you stole it" Owner has a pretty good scene of humor.

Last edited by joel n; 07-19-2017 at 04:07 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stolen Racecar, Nova Scotia, Canada

I'll share it on facebook... hope it gets found and intact!
Old 07-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

We are hoping. Buddy just had built it over the winter. Caged by Seb in Quebec. Rest done by ISI Auto here in Nova Scotia. I am not a BMW guy but it was a Extremely nice car. It may have been seen here in Nova Scotia, but since been moved. Cops were on it yesterday but unfortunately it was gone. One of the club members has even taken his plain out looking. With a $10,000 finders fee put up by the owner someone will hopefully trade Theving friendship for cold hard Cash. lol.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It was found in the woods about 1 hour from the shop. looks like they decided it had a little more attention then they thought. Guessing they stole it for the trailer. Then found the racecar inside. They stole about $15,000 in tools and spares, They started to strip the car, but must have figured it was all pretty rare parts for our area. left everything there for us to reinstall lol. Cops know it was at a house else wear, just tring to prove that to arrest someone now. Trashed the trailer pretty bad hauling down a logging road, but outside of a few nicks and scratches on the car, and a few missing stickers it seems good. Police released it to us sat, and its getting prepped by the guy who built it this week. Best part is, he is leaving all the finger print stickers the Police put on the car and getting a sticker for the trunk that says, "Drive it like you stole it" Owner has a pretty good scene of humor.