Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 09:47 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic

Roger working hard prepping the car with an hour to go before the race. He had an off at turn 4 during qualifying sustaining some front air dam undercarriage damage and was rebuilding the race. It's a grass roots effort with 3 members including Roger in the team. Racer's Tape, Don't leave home without it.

The Beast (Underdog theme music playing in the background)

Under the hood: Skunk 2 head (5 angle valve job and seat-bowl blending, no porting allowed under rules) and stock Civic bottom end with 12:1 CR, ITR intake/TB/manifold combination, magnecore wires, proprietary grind on CTR cams, and yes, those are DC Sports ceramic 4-2-1's like you once owned yourself.. running an open header - straight pipe. Pretty wild considering Roger is a consistent top 10 finisher against more displacement and RWD layouts, plus his budget ($12K for building the car). They can run 2100 lb weight.

Check out the 11.6 in. slotted rotors and AP Racing 4 piston calipers. Nasty! With Roger's off road excursion in qualifying the front undercarriage needed to be repaired. Note the brake cooling duct inside front sitting on top of wooden plank undercarriage for aerodynamics under the air dam a la Mugen front airdam.

Crew chief James Chin takes the car out to play chicken with the RealTime guys? Naw, just heading to get some 110 octane Elf Racing Fuel as the RealTime ITRs heads for tech inspection.

Roger in action lap 1, turn 1...before the carnage. Hey! At least I got 1 photo of him in action...

Oh the humanity! Notice the rear leaft bumper impact mark where Pierre hit him and extensive front impact damage from hitting the wall at speed. On Pierre's car you can still see the residue of yellow pain on the right front panel.

The crime scene: Turn 4 downhill lefthander: Getting punted into the wall going downhill at speed can't be all that much fun....hint hint Pierre.

Best of luck to Roger and the crew in fixing the car and hope they have it back on track for this weekend's Limerock event.

cheers

[Modified by Michael Delaney, 5:28 PM 5/25/2001]

[Modified by Michael Delaney, 9:01 PM 6/1/2001]
Old 05-24-2001, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (Michael Delaney)

Hey, none of your pics are coming up for me. Is there somewhere else I can see them? I'd really like to see all of these pics!

Matt
Old 05-24-2001, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (Michael Delaney)

I tried going to the links, but Yahoo says:

You must supply a local referer to get URL '/users/d8c756c0/bc/My+Photos/RealTime+NSX/RealTime+Teg/1MosportTurn4.JPG?bclbaX7' from this server.

I also tried cutting a pasting the URL on one of the other posts. I can see the one picture that the URL points to, but that doesn't allow me to see all the pictures at once. Only the one that I specifically visited shows up and the others are unchanged.

Could just give us the URL to your Yahoo! photo album? I would be ever so grateful!

[Modified by Gansan, 12:46 PM 5/24/2001]
Old 05-24-2001, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (Gansan)

<FONT COLOR="red"> I made a Zing album for all to see!</FONT>

HERE: http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4292614203
Old 05-25-2001, 06:05 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (Chris)

thanks I went to zing myself and reposted...hope it's up for you guys now.
Old 06-10-2001, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you Michael for the post. It was good meeting you and the other Honda fans up at Mosport. I just wish we could have had more to show for our hard work. I feel like I let you guys down!

We will debut the new car at Sears Point and will have someone else drive the Yellow EG. I hope to complete the season in my new 00 Si. Looking forward to getting a new 02 hatch soon to keep the hatch in the public eye.

Roger
Old 06-11-2001, 12:39 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (prospec)

Thanks for the great pics! And thanks to Roger for checking out the board and posting! I'd love to hear more inside stories from the track, right from the driver's mouth.

Good luck to you Roger, you know we are all cheering for ya!

Old 06-12-2001, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (xMetal)

uh oh, looks more like taz and foo battles upcoming! cant wait...lets see who can build a better Si...too bad i love hatches better
Old 06-12-2001, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (yeah LS)

Taz and Foo battle?? I think they are allies! Local guys taking on Realtime....

Go get em!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (yeah LS)

yeah LS,
guess who built the cage in Taz' car? remember, the yellow Civic with the type r script next to my blue car on my homepage. http://www.foofighterracing.com We are working together to make the Civic more competitive.

[Modified by prospec, 6:18 AM 6/14/2001]
Old 06-13-2001, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (prospec)

Welcome to H-T porspec!

I look forward to your season and hope to see you on the podium soon.

I only wish I could join you guys out there!!!

Good luck.

Chris
Old 06-13-2001, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (Chris)

THANKS CHRIS, We'll do our best to be on the podium at Sears Point in July. Make sure everyone in the SF bay area comes out to the race on saturday July 21,2001. We will have both 95 EG hatch and 99-00 EK-EM Si coupe there for competition. Come on over and hang out, sit in the cars or whatever. We also could use a flag girl for the race.

rog
Old 06-13-2001, 09:39 PM

MAN!! I wish I could. I will be racing (lapping!) at the Type R expo in SoCal.

I was there last year. I got VIP from (cough)Realtime and was hanging out in the pits all weekend. I stopped by your tent but you were busy. I will just have to go to Laguna!!!!

Its nice to have you here to offer another expirenced racers perspective!

BTW...I dont think you would want ME as flag girl!!!

Take care

Chris
Old 06-13-2001, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Chris, good luck at the expo and have fun! My mention of a flag girl was not requesting you to be, just to help me find one for the event. Your legs are too hairy for my tastes!
hahaha Hey, thanks again for the support and we'll see you at Laguna.

roger
Old 06-13-2001, 09:53 PM

See ya there then!

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2001, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Formerly of SF moved to DFW and now back in SF, CA, USA

The best of luck to all the racers from the Bay Area! Hopefully I can come out and watch you guys! Depends on when the baby pops out and if I have the time to come out! (should be any day now!)

Sears is my favorite course! I love the carousel and turns 8 through 10, I think those are the #'s!?!?

I've never been to a Speedvision event, are spectators allowed in the paddock/pit area? I met Taz at HID and saw his new Civic and the Teg! But they were playing the music too damn loud so it was hard to hold a conversation. I'd love to meet Roger too! I'm totally up to supporting the local (grassroots) guys!

Hope to see you guys there!
Gary
Old 06-14-2001, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (Gee3)

Good luck Roger there are alot of us pulling for you
Old 06-14-2001, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (Gee3)

Thanks Gary and Albino Dragon,

Gary, you may have a real nice fathers day! Good luck!

Spectators are always welcome into the paddock. The only place your restricted is the HOT PITS. Your supposed to be a credentialed SCCA member to gain access to this area. Join SCCA and you can help us in the HOT PITS!

Rog
Old 06-14-2001, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well prospec as soon as you guys start racing within a a days drive from here(nebraska) I will be there for sure!!!!
Old 06-14-2001, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Formerly of SF moved to DFW and now back in SF, CA, USA

Roger! Thanks for the good wishes! I certainly will have a great Father's day!

I wish I could join you guys in the Hot Pits! Would they accept a NASA member? hehe! Unfortunately I'll be moving to TX in September, so maybe I can join you guys if you ever go to the Dallas area!

Any chance of some fans checking out or helping out at your facilities where you work on the cars on a weekend? Oh well!

Thanks!
Gary
Old 06-14-2001, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Roger ..

Welcome to the H-T.com competition board! You and Taz give a lot of inspiration to all of us pretending to be auto recers on the weekend! Look forward to seeing you guys when you come to Road Atlanta. There are plenty of us SCCAers here in Atlanta who would be glad to help you guys out!

[Modified by SPiFF, 4:00 PM 6/14/2001]
Old 06-14-2001, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (SPiFF)

Hey Roger

If you need a flag girl, I think Gary can be one.. He does drive a purple GSR hehe. Sorry, couldn't resist that one G.

Elton
Old 06-14-2001, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Glad to see you've found Honda-Tech Roger. See you in Portland.
Old 06-15-2001, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic (johng)

Well, who knows where we'll travel to next year! Nebraska, Texas or Georgia. You never know until they release a schedule. We started this season in Texas and will end in North Carolina. So the schedule is still open for next season.

As far as being a racer is concerned - as long as you have the drive to be competitive, you are a racer! Does not matter on which level, auto-x, club racing or pro racing. We are all racers! Just keep up the momentum! I've said it before and I'll say it again - If I can make it to this level, anyone can. It just takes the desire and dedication to make it happen. Only if you guys really knew my budget... Most club racers spend more than what we are dealing with.
Yes Elton and John, I finally found this site! I don't stray too far from the car. It's definitely keeping me busy.
Elton, I'm sure to see you at an upcoming event, and John - I'll contact you before the Portland race.
Thanks again for everyone's support! We are feverishly trying to complete the EBP Si for Sears Point, but, I'll check the board as frequently as I can.

Rog

I tried getting this on earlier, but, @home was not at home!!!
Old 06-15-2001, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Roger, I'm sure I should know this but where will you guys be in North Carolina and when?

If its open to the masses, I would love to check it out.

Quick Reply: Speedvison Touring Car: Round 3 My Mosport Pics - Roger Foo's Civic