Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats

Old 11-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats

These are track related items, so hopefully .RJ will let these stay:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">These retail for $1750/each + ~$100 shipping for JUST the seat.

Mine will include:
- Seat ($1750)
- Sparco Alum. Sidemounts ($130)
- Sparco Slider ($50)
- Universal mount drilled for BMW E36s ($55)

More info on the seat (including size charts) can be found here: http://www.safedrives.com/prod...at=28
and here: http://www.rallysportdirect.co...=1478

Used for around &lt;5,000 miles. No tears, stains, or dead hookers hidden within.

&lt;FONT COLOR=""red""&gt;<FONT SIZE="8">Asking $850 shipped/ea or $1600 for the pair.</FONT>&lt;/FONT&gt;

Can also provide Sparco 5-point harnesses for $100/ea (will not sell until seats are sold)

*Sticker means they are valid for competition (wheel to wheel) use until Mar. 2007 without a seat brace. After that just add a seat brace to your cage. Fine for HPDE use when expired for nearly all regions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
This seat was taken out of a Speed World Challenge Porsche GT3-RSR because it's FIA tag had expired (5years for competion use without a seat brace). A Brey-Krause ($$) aluminum seat brace was added so you can bolt it to your rollcage/bar to pass tech for most sanctioning bodies.

Perfect for HPDEs, autox,competion, or just for bling.

The seat does have a few SMALL holes in the fabric, but nothing that is going to grow or is really noticable. Also note that it will be a tight fit or unsuited for those over a 34" waist. It does have a oem porsche crest stitching in the seat that is easily removable.

More info on the seat with sizing chart can be found here: http://www.safedrives.com/prod...at=45

This seat will come with:

- Seat (retail $1300)
- Recaro side mounts ($100)
- Recaro Sliders ($100)
- Brey-Krause Seatback Brace ($200)

&lt;FONT COLOR=""red""&gt;<FONT SIZE="7">SOLD</FONT>&lt;/FONT&gt;

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Modified by FritzInTN at 2:33 PM 11/2/2005
Old 11-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Suspetise...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats (FritzInTN)

Good luck on selling the Pro2000s dude, I had tried selling mine about a year ago and had absolutely zero luck. Most Honda people can't justify the CF bling over the much cheaper fiberglass variety.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats (FritzInTN)

Dibs on the recaro.

Edit: Hmmm, anybody know if this seat would pose a problem for me since I have a Hans? I have pretty long torso.

Modified by Another Drew at 9:28 AM 11/2/2005
Old 11-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats (Another Drew)

There's going to be a lot of GOOD seats coming onto the market in the coming years as their stickers expire. Anyone want early dibs on my Racer SPG?
K

EDIT - You MIGHT well have HANS interference with the Recaro. They now have a model designed to be compatible, suggesting that older seats might not have been but, at the end of the day, it's going to be necessary to try it and see.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats (Knestis)

Not to highjack, but what do you guys think a Sparco Evo in very good condition with an expired tag would be worth?
Old 11-02-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats (Knestis)

I'll call dibs on your seat or seats Knestis, I'm just looking to do HPDE's it will suit me well.

Modified by SwedBoy2999 at 1:50 PM 11/2/2005
Old 11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats (SwedBoy2999)

It'll be illegal for road racing in 2 years, I think...

I'll hang on to your email addres...

K
Old 11-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats (Another Drew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Another Drew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dibs on the recaro.

Edit: Hmmm, anybody know if this seat would pose a problem for me since I have a Hans? I have pretty long torso.

Modified by Another Drew at 9:28 AM 11/2/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

send user civicrr a PM he has that seat and uses a hans with it. I have never heard him complain on the radio or when buckeling him in about it though.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knestis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's going to be a lot of GOOD seats coming onto the market in the coming years as their stickers expire. Anyone want early dibs on my Racer SPG?
QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you just add a seatback brace, instead of selling the seat and buying a new one?

[QUOTE=Knestis]It'll be illegal for road racing in 2 years
K</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not if you add a seatback brace, right?<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

send user civicrr a PM he has that seat and uses a hans with it. I have never heard him complain on the radio or when buckeling him in about it though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've sat in one before, but I never bothered to check the height of the harness holes &lt;hammer&gt;
Old 11-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't ever run a proper FIA seat with a spine-cracker. The point at which I can't afford to spend $1000 on a piece of important safety equipment that will last 5 years, I can't afford to go racing.

K
Old 11-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knestis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldn't ever run a proper FIA seat with a spine-cracker. The point at which I can't afford to spend $1000 on a piece of important safety equipment that will last 5 years, I can't afford to go racing.

K</TD></TR></TABLE>

Seems like you're of the opinion that a seat brace can't be made well enough.

You don't think if you use a large mounting surface on the seat back is good enough?

BTW, save my email address too please, in case swedboy passes on your seat.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Another Drew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Seems like you're of the opinion that a seat brace can't be made well enough.

You don't think if you use a large mounting surface on the seat back is good enough?

BTW, save my email address too please, in case swedboy passes on your seat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

IMO its the oppiste. the brace deafts the purpose of the seat. the seat is ment to move around, and kinda of take some of the energy from an impact.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For Sale - Recaro SPG Pro and Sparco Carbon Fiber Pro2000 Seats (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

IMO its the oppiste. the brace deafts the purpose of the seat. the seat is ment to move around, and kinda of take some of the energy from an impact.</TD></TR></TABLE>

True.

I'm still on the fence about that. I'm not sure if I want the impact absorption quality of having no brace, but I still worry about my seat breaking loose. Afterall, it's only held on by 4 little bolts in 4 little holes on the seat.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Another Drew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

True.

I'm still on the fence about that. I'm not sure if I want the impact absorption quality of having no brace, but I still worry about my seat breaking loose. Afterall, it's only held on by 4 little bolts in 4 little holes on the seat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have an FIA seat, and installed it properlly i don't think you will have to worry.

On a side note any one seen the video of the GT3 cup car that were floating around on here, with the recaro seat...
Old 11-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I rolled at Rally Tennessee, I could actually feel the seat flexing around me. It was amazingly comfy. My helmet bonked around between the head bolsters and it was a hell of a lot easier on my bod than most amusement park rides.

Putting a rigid element between my spine and the cage makes absolutely NO sense to me. I don't want the kinetic energy of impact resolving itself in the spaces between my vertebrae.

K