Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack (https://honda-tech.com/forums/road-racing-autocross-time-attack-19/)
-   -   Porsche vs Corvette Final battle Lemans. (https://honda-tech.com/forums/road-racing-autocross-time-attack-19/porsche-vs-corvette-final-battle-lemans-2668804/)

veilsides2000 10-22-2009 09:04 PM

Porsche vs Corvette Final battle Lemans.

Was watching this and was wondering who GDD thinks is in the wrong.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/E...-vs_713684.htm

Intense battle none the less!

I side with the Bergmeister because Magnussen shouldn't have bumped him in the last turn to make him spin at the corner exit.

Wonder if there are any post race videos?

Micha 10-22-2009 09:07 PM

Re: Porsche vs Corvette Final battle Lemans.

As much as i don't want to admit it... the corvette.

The prosche should not have shoved the vette all the way into the wall. He should have back off after a nudge.

Kiwibird83 10-22-2009 09:14 PM

Them's the breaks. You don't try to squeeze into the apex and not expect someone to box your ass out, Bergmeister was completely justified. This isn't some afternoon car club romp at the track, you have to expect people to get nasty when you try to cut Bullshit lines on the racetrack.

aquito 10-22-2009 09:16 PM

saw that video a while ago, best lemans race ever...

Micha 10-22-2009 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kiwibird83 (Post 40392565)
Them's the breaks. You don't try to squeeze into the apex and not expect someone to box your ass out, Bergmeister was completely justified. This isn't some afternoon car club romp at the track, you have to expect people to get nasty when you try to cut Bullshit lines on the racetrack.

You saw when bergmeister just shoved the vette into the wall and stayed there right?

eMpAtHy 10-22-2009 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Micha (Post 40392612)
You saw when bergmeister just shoved the vette into the wall and stayed there right?

just because the porsche pushed harder doesn't mean that the nudge the vette wasn't grand in magnitude. That little push would have given the vette the win.

IMO, both hits were on equal level. Both hits were to prevent the other person from winning.

tazeat 10-22-2009 09:26 PM

Sure, he boxed him in, the Corvette needed to slow down and avoid the wreck. I think the Porsche was completely justified. Awesome race btw, seen this before.

The Corvette had at least a good 2 laps to make a pass and couldn't (at least w/o cutting pit out), he can't pull some bullshit line at the end there and expect the Porsche to just move out of his way.

Kiwibird83 10-22-2009 09:26 PM

I noticed that nice little love tap that Magnussen gave bergmeister coming out of that turn right before he got ran into the wall. He tried to squeeze past him on the left, ran out of track and got boxed into the corner, when he tried to cut across he got pushed into the wall. Magnussen was in the wrong and got punished for it.

GoodEyeSniper 10-22-2009 09:27 PM

For those who aren't familiar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3y0t...layer_embedded

I was at this race, it was nuts.

Tokyosmash! 10-22-2009 09:31 PM

Magnussen is an asshole, nearly caused a lot of accidents in the last few laps and got what he had coming to him.

Micha 10-22-2009 09:32 PM

No way.

I hate you all by the way. :P

GoodEyeSniper 10-22-2009 09:36 PM

I can't really say, but I think the Porsche takes it. The 'vette was clearly a much faster car at that point in the race, but he just couldn't pass the porsche legally until the end there... He was all set to pass, but got pinned, but he wasn't exactly fighting too clean before that...

veilsides2000 10-22-2009 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tokyosmash! (Post 40392767)
Magnussen is an asshole, nearly caused a lot of accidents in the last few laps and got what he had coming to him.

I agree.

Sketch_hs 10-22-2009 09:40 PM

was fun watching this! great battle

eMpAtHy 10-22-2009 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Micha (Post 40392778)
No way.

I hate you all by the way. :P

Loner :P

Knightsport 10-22-2009 09:46 PM

Notice the Ford GT they catch and split too.

Personally to me it's obvious all the Porsche could do was block the Corvette. Notice how quickly he pulled away after he finally got past? I saw two pretty clear pass attempts by the Corvette team that were backed off because they were dangerous.

It wasn't just some track day event, true enough, but I'd be pissed if I couldn't get by a slower car either. Bergmeister didn't have enough machine and blocked to win.

I was more surprised that Magnussen didn't try and pass on the straight where he clearly had a huge advantage. He kept trying to pass in the turns or through pit road. lol

Micha 10-22-2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by eMpAtHy (Post 40392912)
Loner :P

Usually am. Its a product of my upbringing.

GoodEyeSniper 10-22-2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Knightsport (Post 40392918)
Notice the Ford GT they catch and split too.

Personally to me it's obvious all the Porsche could do was block the Corvette. Notice how quickly he pulled away after he finally got past? I saw two pretty clear pass attempts by the Corvette team that were backed off because they were dangerous.

It wasn't just some track day event, true enough, but I'd be pissed if I couldn't get by a slower car either. Bergmeister didn't have enough machine and blocked to win.

I was more surprised that Magnussen didn't try and pass on the straight where he clearly had a huge advantage. He kept trying to pass in the turns or through pit road. lol

The pass in pit lane was epic. I had VIP seats in the Red Bull building, or whatever the shit it's called, directly above pit lane. I was like :o :o

Micha 10-22-2009 09:50 PM

I loved it when he did that pass.

Tokyosmash! 10-22-2009 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by GoodEyeSniper (Post 40392953)
The pass in pit lane was epic. I had VIP seats in the Red Bull building, or whatever the shit it's called, directly above pit lane. I was like :o :o

So damn jealous.

KOREAN 10-22-2009 09:54 PM

i want to say that the corvette couldn't pass him legally so the porsche wins...

but what the porsche did was kind of harsh...

Knightsport 10-22-2009 09:55 PM

I can't believe they called him back actually. It was clear to me on any other occasion Bergmeister would have had to wave him by. It wasn't like he went drastically off course, pit lane entry is part of that turn there anyway... lol

dangthemang 10-22-2009 10:14 PM

corvette was at fault. damn that was an epic 10 minutes!

tazeat 10-22-2009 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Knightsport (Post 40392918)

I agree, but at the same time I don't see anything he did that was completely unsportsmanlike or illegal, so in that case I have to hand it to him and say he won. The vette did have several laps to make that pass and couldn't do it and to try and force his way through at the end was childish and what happened served him right imho.

dangthemang 10-22-2009 10:19 PM

they both got probation for 2 races next season =\