Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Ccc sideskirts compared to pci

Old 11-18-2018, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ccc sideskirts compared to pci

Does any one know any thing about the ccc sides skirts compared. To the pci. O noticed the ccc are 100$ cheaper and are mostly used on drag cars. So I was woundering if there worth it and what are there differences
Old 11-19-2018, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ccc sideskirts compared to pci

I've looked at both. I'd probably save myself the $100 and go with the CCC sideskirts for something that (in my case) stands a good chance of getting destroyed. The PCI ones are a little more engineered with more bends/contours and a little more sophisticated mounting (delrin nutserts if I remember right).
Old 11-19-2018, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh R.
I've looked at both. I'd probably save myself the $100 and go with the CCC sideskirts for something that (in my case) stands a good chance of getting destroyed. The PCI ones are a little more engineered with more bends/contours and a little more sophisticated mounting (delrin nutserts if I remember right).
To add..
The PCI skirts are flared toward the rear and seem to deflect air from entering the rear wheel wells. The hardware is decent, nice powder coated brackets, stainless allen mounting hardware and typical zinc coated hardware to secure the bracketry to the seam weld under the doors. A hair lighter than the factory plastic FWIW. Fitment is good on the EG.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:26 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Don't let 100.00 sway you, buy the product built and designed for road racing.
PCI has been around for years and tests year around on all their products.
Talk to Brian Slames at PCI 714 397-2310
Or his main distributor Kiwi Owen at Special Projects Motorsports. 714 585-4233
Old 11-21-2018, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would go with the PCI side skirts. Aerodynamically both will perform similarly. But the PCI side skirts are clearly designed to take a few light knocks and be scraped across the ground. Like the kind you'd experience on the street or on a road course.

For example, the bottommost part of the PCI side skirts stick outwards instead of pointing towards the center of the car. That subtle difference makes a big difference in dent resistance should you brush a curb, kick up a few rocks, or even bang into it while working on the car. The brackets that come with the PCI are also designed in a way that the whole skirt would shear away from the car if it ever took a hard hit. This is a good thing. If you caught a speed bump or a sausage kerb in a way that it tore off part of the skirt, you want it to break off cleanly and land on the side of the road rather than flap around and catch other things or get caught underneath a tyre.

Yes, there is that whole element of supporting enthusiasts that support the community. But in this case I'd pay a little extra and choose the more durable design. Because when you consider the cost of shipping for something this big, $100 just isn't that much money.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PCI for sure. FWIW, I ordered a CCC sunroof plug for my track crx. Total waste of money. Its barely covers the sunroof hole, so short that there isn't enough material to rivet it down with. I could have just made myself one but with all the other stuff i need to do to get it ready for SLB, i figured this would save me some time.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank alot for your info and looks like the pci way better. If anyone has info on the ccc and how there made and secured. Please write .
Old 12-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had the PCI side skirts for years with no issues. One side got smashed pretty bad, but I bent it back and touched it up to where most people couldn't tell it was ever destroyed.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone have any pics of the ccc sideskirts on a dc. If seen tons of pci but no ccc
Old 12-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Originally Posted by purposebuilt
Does anyone have any pics of the ccc sideskirts on a dc. If seen tons of pci but no ccc
what does that tell you about their audience?