Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack (https://honda-tech.com/forums/road-racing-autocross-time-attack-19/)
-   -   Moroso Oil PAN LEAKAGE HELP PLS (https://honda-tech.com/forums/road-racing-autocross-time-attack-19/moroso-oil-pan-leakage-help-pls-3065101/)

thanhtheman_ej1 06-17-2012 02:37 AM

Moroso Oil PAN LEAKAGE HELP PLS

hey guys, i currently have gsr semi built and in a 95 coupe that i use mainly on Track days, i have a moroso Oil pan installed and recently was at Buttonwillow and had a solid day but at the end of the day once i got home i saw some motor oil (royal purple 5w-30) squeezing out from the headers side, their was no leakage before hand so my guess it was from the pressure of the motor doing its work at the track. did some research and saw that the moroso pan leaks but no resolve issues. im not sure if the answer is to constantly remove, reseal with new oem gasket or if theirs another solution upon my researched i found this link they may help but no reviews on it (ill post the link on the bottom of this post) but if anyone can help it would be highly appreciated.

http://www.myhondahabit.com/

teg97 06-17-2012 06:23 AM

Re: Moroso Oil PAN LEAKAGE HELP PLS

I had mine leak constantly on my old car, so I just put a stock pan back on it. I did put baffles in the stock pan though.

dirty19 06-17-2012 07:42 AM

It's worth a try if it does what they say it does.
Oil leaks are un nerving because you never know when something worse can go wrong because of one.
Id try it and see.

bks84 06-17-2012 08:34 AM

Which pan do you have? Stamped steel or the welded one?

Thanks for the link, I just purchased the gasket/stud kit

thanhtheman_ej1 06-17-2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by teg97 (Post 47495682)
I had mine leak constantly on my old car, so I just put a stock pan back on it. I did put baffles in the stock pan though.

yeah im contemplating doing that but the pan did great from last session at the track I hate towaste money already invested you knw what I mean? :p

Originally Posted by dirty19 (Post 47495881)
It's worth a try if it does what they say it does.
Oil leaks are un nerving because you never know when something worse can go wrong because of one.
Id try it and see.

very nerve racketing !

Originally Posted by Cpt. xThread (Post 47496064)
Which pan do you have? Stamped steel or the welded one?

Thanks for the link, I just purchased the gasket/stud kit

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=399
I dont believe the baffles are different I mean in the end regardless of the model it should not leak! and np let me know if it work if u havethesame problem as me. highly appreciated

bks84 06-17-2012 10:25 AM

I'm using the one and I'll definitely let you know.

MoreCowbell 06-17-2012 10:47 AM

My brand new one came with a giant leak from the oil drain. Will never buy another product from them again!!

thanhtheman_ej1 06-17-2012 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt. xThread (Post 47496368)
I'm using the one and I'll definitely let you know.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by MoreCowbell (Post 47496430)
My brand new one came with a giant leak from the oil drain. Will never buy another product from them again!!

well i had an issue with my first pan, the current pan is a replacement. and what happen was the first pan was the railing on the first pan was uneven so i sent to moroso talk to one of the support people and they replaced it for me free of charge i guess warranty replacement as long as their wasnt any physical damage but doesnt hurt to see, the product seem well constructed but since its aftermarket theirs always a different method in installing it then OEM.

johnjw 06-17-2012 01:56 PM

man I've heard of so many different occasions of the Moroso pan leaking. They are a big name and prob have decent cust support. but dang. you'd think they would have it down by now. its not there first rodeo on pans either, they've been making domestic stuff forever.

oh and thanks for the link as well. I will be ordering this gasket soon. brand spanking new Honda gaskets suck

known 06-17-2012 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by teg97 (Post 47495682)

This is how I fixed my moroso pan as well...no more issues.

thanhtheman_ej1 06-17-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by known (Post 47497423)
This is how I fixed my moroso pan as well...no more issues.

apparently this is the only solution so far... man what a disappointment. ill try to contact moroso again to see if they can solve this issues.

Originally Posted by johnjw (Post 47497028)
man I've heard of so many different occasions of the Moroso pan leaking. They are a big name and prob have decent cust support. but dang. you'd think they would have it down by now. its not there first rodeo on pans either, they've been making domestic stuff forever.

oh and thanks for the link as well. I will be ordering this gasket soon. brand spanking new Honda gaskets suck

NP let me know if it works, it would be highly appreciated. and btw did u buy the whole gasket and studs or just the gasket?

njn63 06-17-2012 04:32 PM

Check the sealing surface on the block and make sure there are no casting lines/voids/other debris that could create a leak path. I want to say my brother's oil leak on his GSR was caused by something like that.

liam821 06-17-2012 11:19 PM

I have a Moroso pan and have no leaks what-so-ever. When I put it on I used a brand new honda oil pan gasket and installed it dry (no blue/hondabond). Zero leaks.

20CiviC02Si 06-17-2012 11:31 PM

Probably the most common associated problem with Moroso oil pans for the B Series. I'm just going to have some baffles welded into my stock pan and avoid the problem all together.

markertoo 06-18-2012 04:40 AM

Ugh. I just bought one for my car. Should I sell it off, and just put baffles into a stock pan? I do kinda like the idea of the extra oil capacity, as well.

bks84 06-18-2012 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by markertoo (Post 47499339)
Ugh. I just bought one for my car. Should I sell it off, and just put baffles into a stock pan? I do kinda like the idea of the extra oil capacity, as well.

If you already have it, I'd simply use it.

Robin6 06-18-2012 05:43 AM

got mine new from moroso; installed fine and has never leaked.

Lo-Buck EF 06-18-2012 06:02 AM

check that the gasket is sitting correctly and isn't over tightened. also, make sure that the nuts didn't loosen up. i know on mine after a session or 2, i have to retighten the oil pan bolts once. then its good to go.

thanhtheman_ej1 06-19-2012 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by njn63 (Post 47497537)
Check the sealing surface on the block and make sure there are no casting lines/voids/other debris that could create a leak path. I want to say my brother's oil leak on his GSR was caused by something like that.

thanks im going to remove it soon n check for debris.

Originally Posted by Lo-Buck EF (Post 47499495)
check that the gasket is sitting correctly and isn't over tightened. also, make sure that the nuts didn't loosen up. i know on mine after a session or 2, i have to retighten the oil pan bolts once. then its good to go.

that actually sounds possible im goin to look into thanks thanks !

Originally Posted by Robin6 (Post 47499441)
got mine new from moroso; installed fine and has never leaked.

thats good to hear did u install any different from the service manual? did u use hondabond?

markertoo 06-19-2012 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cpt. xThread (Post 47499405)
If you already have it, I'd simply use it.

Fair enough. I just HATE doing things twice. I never even thought about checking to see if Moroso had issues - they've been making pans for years.

Root of all Evil 06-19-2012 05:41 AM

Stock gasket is shit, buy the myhondahabit composite gasket and use prodope liquid teflon as well as tape on all threaded fittings even the drain.

Robin6 06-19-2012 06:07 AM

Did it by the book and everything worked out fine.

Atmosfear 06-19-2012 09:53 AM

I have the 5.5qt road race pan and have no issues with leaks other than from the drain plug initially due to using their crush washers (which are too bi.

Once I sourced the proper sized crush washer, no leaks at all.

known 06-19-2012 10:08 AM

I have heard the 5.5 qt has less issues.

I had the stock looking pan with the baffles.

Builda'Teg_92 06-19-2012 10:24 AM

ughhh mine comes in today....well see how it works out.