Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Integra type r vs the world

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Lan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The ITR is a fantastic car to drive for being FWD.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is what I have been saying in the last thread.

Everyone says the type r is amazing then they say for being fwd.

What exactly does that mean?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Lewie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lewie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who the hell is in agreement that it's the best fwd car of all time?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me, with a very close second going to the MS Protege.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra type r vs the world (rico91stang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The thing is I havent really seen too many ***** to the wall awd platforms.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats because working inside the parameters of budgets and rule books, AWD platforms are extremely difficult to make extremely reliable to the point that a professional race team needs and they chew up equipment at a rate exponentially faster than RWD or FWD.
Lan
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rico91stang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What exactly does that mean? </TD></TR></TABLE>

That means the design of a FWD car makes it limited compared to other cars.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KetteringITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KetteringITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ Just about every magazine that has ever done an article on the R.
IBTL.</TD></TR></TABLE>

*looks at name, looks at the response.*

LOL

Who really cares? It's still just a Honda econobox
Old 09-11-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Integra type r vs the world (FalkenSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FalkenSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the gt3 rs is insane i want one </TD></TR></TABLE>

The type r doesn't get that response. It is just well balanced.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Beard

It means there are PLENTY of better handling/all around cars, but they are RWD/AWD.

The ITR is the best FWD car of all time, but sucks when compared to the RWD/AWD cars out there.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Lan
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iLude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who really cares? It's still just a Honda econobox with an intake maybe </TD></TR></TABLE>

Fixed
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Integra type r vs the world (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm sick of you posting so i'm going to make you a trial user.</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Means just what it says. RWD is always a better technical answer, but fwd has it's place in the world. FWD is inherently stable, so it won't do anything too crazy when you push it. For me, that's a plus as you can push the car alot harder without fear a random puddle will put you into a tree. Some cars are fast, some are fun, some are both (just not an ITR).
Honda-Tech Member

Its because most people dont know how to do surgery just because they have a scalpel in their hands.

The type R is a great platform as long as you know how to use it and drive it to its limitations without going over them. Anyone who has raced a front driver knows that you can easily drive the car too hard and make the car feel very slow and sluggish.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why does this thread need to be locked?

This is a discussion. Doesn't need to go into name calling or anything.

Just trying to get a basis on who actually thinks the car is really all it is cracked up to be.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Just from the way you stated the original post, i thought Baily or someone else was gonna lock it. Thats all.

Im all for an open discussion. I love my ITR. No question about it. Is it the best car on the planet? Of course not. Do i laugh when people pay $20000 for a car that is 6-10 years old. Of couse i do. But you know what, its a limited production (hence the expense) race spec car built from factory that has earned its reputation. Ive driven on the track in several cars and yeah, RWD is awesome. But if youve never ridden (?) in an ITR on the track then you really have no room to talk on the subject. One of the most fun things i enjoy doing are running up on the *** of a Corvette or Mustang who cant handle the twisties of a track. And my R is stock.

I mean really, you think it would be one of the most stolen cars in america if it was a piece of ****?
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Fixed </TD></TR></TABLE>

Aww snap, thats like 50 horse right there.

Can I change my vote to "ITR CAN NEVAR LOSE!!!!111one" ?

Default Re: (Rguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The ITR is the best FWD car of all time, but sucks when compared to the RWD/AWD cars out there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

SO what I am getting at is if we ignore the fwd aspect, shold the car's performance be compared to the greats of all time.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:42 AM
rookn00b

Default Re: Integra type r vs the world (Mr. Furley)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Furley &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'd call them instead.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well ****, if you're gonna go advanced production based race cars, why not call these guys to destroy lap times

Old 09-11-2007, 11:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KetteringITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
One of the most fun things i enjoy doing are running up on the *** of a Corvette or Mustang who cant handle the twisties of a track. And my R is stock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

People tell me that they enjoy that, but are you going to be able to do that in the type r with the same caliber driver behind the wheel of a corvette?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KetteringITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I mean really, you think it would be one of the most stolen cars in america if it was a piece of ****? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Honda civics are one of the most stolen vehicles around too.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SO what I am getting at is if we ignore the fwd aspect, shold the car's performance be compared to the greats of all time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe. It is definitely a very good platform no matter what you compare it against, and it no doubt eats everything in its category, almost to the point where you can forget it is a front driver.

Unfortunately the greatness of the car is because it is a step ahead of anything else on its platform, but also its platform is a major limitation.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iLude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

*looks at name, looks at the response.*

LOL

Who really cares? It's still just a Honda econobox </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dont let jealosy rear its ugly head.
Honda-Tech Member

SO what I am getting at is if we ignore the fwd aspect, shold the car's performance be compared to the greats of all time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha Um no.

One of the most fun things i enjoy doing are running up on the *** of a Corvette or Mustang who cant handle the twisties of a track. And my R is stock.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats a statement of the driver and the tires on a car rather than the car itself.

Default Re: Integra type r vs the world (xtrac1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xtrac1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well ****, if you're gonna go advanced production based race cars, why not call these guys to destroy lap times

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That looks nice.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra type r vs the world (xtrac1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xtrac1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wheres my boy Tsuchiya?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
rookn00b

Default Re: Integra type r vs the world (rico91stang)

That looks nice.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Forget the way it looks, I'd cut off my pinky finger to see it race 20 laps against a C6R
Old 09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm here for the gangbang!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KetteringITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I mean really, you think it would be one of the most stolen cars in america if it was a piece of ****? </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO

The Dodge Caravan and Toyota Camry are stolen more than the ITR.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Lan
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra type r vs the world (D Day)

Autobacs don't play.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Tickle-shits

Default Re: (Lewie)

Oh how I love the Cobra R, seen one in person and it is definatly an amazing car.

Quick Reply: Integra type r vs the world