HPD B Spec Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 01:22 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HPD B Spec Honda Fit

Originally Posted by dirty19
I think it looks like a Dyson vacuum cleaner
Yeah coming to suck your *** up on the track.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Suspetise...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they are the next gen or race car because of the dc and eg's are getting along in age. Buying whats affordable to run...
There still needs to be adequate aftermarket support too.
There's also not much incentive for a manufacturer to support a model that hasn't been produced in almost 10 years, as it won't do much to bring in new sales of the current models.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Stinkycheezmonky
There's also not much incentive for a manufacturer to support a model that hasn't been produced in almost 10 years, as it won't do much to bring in new sales of the current models.
I was refering to aftermarket support.
Its coming to a point where the 92-2000 model runs are going to become more and more scarce.
Whats left? 2001-2006
I dont see the Fit winning over millions and millions of people, meaning DD, and a race series growing into something big from that platform.
Honda has been in a real lul for many years production wise.
Just when they get something sporty, they kill the production.
What they replace it with is just IMO garbage.
Civic Si is the latest Dealer folly. You cant get them for anything near MSRP.
Just like the S2000 in its beginings.
You could expect a substantial mark up just because its was a S2000.
An S2k is more worthy of higher sticker than a civic.
I dont know about most of you but I'd never pay almost 30K for an Si.
Not when there are better cars to be had for that much.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:42 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they are the next gen or race car because of the dc and eg's are getting along in age. Buying whats affordable to run...
There still needs to be adequate aftermarket support too.

The DC5/EP3 might be the next in line after the DC2/EG, but that doesn't mean folks will want to run them.

Too many suspension and handling issues that can't be sorted out with off-the-shelf parts.

I could honestly see the RSX generation being completely skipped and the Fit/06+ Civics being the hot item in a couple of years.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Originally Posted by Todd00
The DC5/EP3 might be the next in line after the DC2/EG, but that doesn't mean folks will want to run them.

Too many suspension and handling issues that can't be sorted out with off-the-shelf parts.

I could honestly see the RSX generation being completely skipped and the Fit/06+ Civics being the hot item in a couple of years.

06 Civic yes...
Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a nice DC5 rolling chassis if anyone will trade it for a rolling fit shell....hehe
Old 12-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Originally Posted by JW racing
I have a nice DC5 rolling chassis if anyone will trade it for a rolling fit shell....hehe
I thought you sold that???
I think im gonna start looking for a 2006 civic???
Old 12-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Were looking at 2010 Civic Si Bodies in white available through HPD $3500.00 and you have to transport it from Canada! I guess that's something...

I have a perfect DC5 Type S available - $900.00 - It's all there including complete interior. Never damaged. Drop in an engine and trans and drive it home on 18's. Decided it's not worth building as The DC5/EP3 looks like being the forgoten era.

As for the FIT..... ****! Do we have to do everything wrong in this country?

Kiwi
Old 12-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KIWI
Were looking at 2010 Civic Si Bodies in white available through HPD $3500.00 and you have to transport it from Canada!

Kiwi
Jeff,email me more info about this. It sounds great,I would hop on a flight to canada.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Woahhh!!!
It ain't that great! A "Body in white", is just a bare shell! No sound deadening,(the good thing) no doors, no glass, no fenders or trunk, no hood, no wiring, No mechanicals, no suspension, no nothing!!! Add to the $3500.00 another $1000.00 to transport the shell to California
Sure it's the best way to start building a tub, but as far as amatuer racing is concerned it's not much help. You still have to have a doner car for all the other bits. I'm still weighing up my options for 2011 and will only go this route if a couple of other options don't work out!
In my negotiations with HPD it is for sure the shells are available, they are what Honda wants to see racing- Not DC5's and EP3's!
I think I can safely say that Racers are not beating a path to Canada to get these things, because when you really think it through... The end result is still going to be way over the average racers budget.
I'm still waiting for all my ducks to fall into line before making our big anouncement for 2011.

Kiwi
Old 12-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

So even though Honda is offering shells (no bits)
The price of a shell plus shipping, and then you have to start to put it together...
Harnesses, engine, tranny, suspension, safety equipment etc.
Wow. That gets silly right away.
06 civic is looking more attractive.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:09 PM
PM Garage

DETAILS ON HONDA FIT CHASSIS - This is why the Fit Chassis is so great watch till the end more details on the CHASSIS

Oh yeah please ignore the first Honda Fit in the video and skip it the more techinical stuff is in the 9 min - 10 min range.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5262608055260#

Last edited by civichb20; 12-23-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:32 PM
PM Garage

CAR AND DRIVER - Spec B racing at 25 Hours of Thunderhill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxRa2-ReFEM
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by dtcevo
So are you building s B Spec car already? Whats your name?
No, I own and run a Honda Fit powered Formula Ford Swift DB6.

The cost of sealing is not that expensive in the grand scheme of things, but the $350 each way to ship plus some amount of labor for the sealer to inspect & seal (likely not less than 2hrs north of $100/hr I'll bet) it just adds >$900 to the cost.

Remember the motor in the Formula F is dry sumped, has an aluminum manifold, mechanical throttle body and the front belt is substantially different from stock. Its about 20hrs of labor to 'dress' a stock L15A7 to be ready for FF use. So either you ship it to you, dress it, then ship it back or you pay them to dress it (which HPD has not actually offered that service, and specifically said they would not when asked) and seal it. Also note that HPD wanted competitors to pursue the recycler route to get donor engines which sealing can make that more difficult. Like I said before, my 139 mile motor according to the carfax was totaled 1 day after the pre delivery dealer inspection was done and the net cost for the donor with shipping was under $500 after selling unused parts (if you need an alternator or an engine wiring loom, see me!). So I've got 2k to spend on tires now.

At the outset of the L15A7 introduction discussions I too was leaning toward a sealed solution, but in the end the rules are written with more detailed dimensional information than any other class in SCCA and HPD is providing SCCA with the tools necessary to ensure the engine is in compliance. So will that be a liability to the engine in the class down the road? Perhaps but reading through the Showroom Stock rules its clear why they spend the night in the tech shed after the runoffs. Those rules are unenforceable simply due to the lack of information in the rulebook and where the rules refer to the factory shop manual. The factory shop manual is just that, its gives service, disassembly and assembly instructions providing dimensional service limits for some serviceable components. It is not an engineering drawing of the components so compliance is very difficult to determine. That is not the case with L15A7 in Formula F.

Additionally, there is no 'european market ECU' problem either in FF, as the ECU is specifically a race ECU developed by HPD, sealed, and as a competitor I can have mine swapped out at any time without any recourse, except if I say no I'd likely see points on my license and be suspended.

For the B-Spec cars, I would surmise that the rules that you'll see in 60 days will be very similar...in that if a manufacturer wants to play, they have to specify all the pertinent information to keep showroom stock bs out of the class.

And for those of you who would rather not race a Fit: WTF? I'd race a freaken Smart car if there were 35 of them all heading towards turn 1. Its not always about how fast you go, its about racing. Let the Porsche snobs bore themselves to death at their track days...me, I'm going to out brake you for 20th if I have to!

Last edited by leisurehound; 12-22-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leisurehound
And for those of you who would rather not race a Fit: WTF? I'd race a freaken Smart car if there were 35 of them all heading towards turn 1. Its not always about how fast you go, its about racing. Let the Porsche snobs bore themselves to death at their track days...me, I'm going to out brake you for 20th if I have to!
Reminds me of the Honda Michelin Series where they tried using a bunch of EM2 coupes but failed miserably when they tried to bring back the original series with the 88-91 Civic hatches.

I really hope they get this to take off successfully with the Fit!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:13 AM
PM Garage

Any updates anyone I heard it takes 60 days to set up the rules.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is pretty neat.

Having driven both the Fit and the Mazda2 at the local dealerships, I think I'd prefer the Mazda2. I think the Mazda2 is more of a "driver's car". The steering and shifter felt great. Almost Miata-like. The biggest problem I see with the Mazda2 is that it's pretty anemic with only 100 bhp.

It sounds like we should see the B-Spec rules set sometime this month.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civichb20
Any updates anyone I heard it takes 60 days to set up the rules.
On another forum, they where talking about the SCCA fasttracks mentioning something about 3rd party companys coming up the the parts/modificatioins allowed for the cars, for them to fit into the existing Showroom Stock B class.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slammed_93_hatch
On another forum, they where talking about the SCCA fasttracks mentioning something about 3rd party companys coming up the the parts/modificatioins allowed for the cars, for them to fit into the existing Showroom Stock B class.
As stated in this month's Fastrack, the SCCA will place B-Spec cars in SSC for the 2011 season. This will give them a place to play until the B-Spec classes are formed in 2012.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:34 AM
Homosexual by choice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, the Fit finished 15th overall in 2010 25 Hour enduro... that's pretty impressive. The fast lap was 2:09.364 wow. Sweet.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:45 PM
PM Garage

Icon2 Re: HPD B Spec Honda Fit

Hey whatever happened to the B Spec racing? Can't seem to find to much on the net.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:10 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Originally Posted by civichb20
Hey whatever happened to the B Spec racing? Can't seem to find to much on the net.
It died charles... still too expensive for club racers... but as the first gen cars get older/cheaper there might be something.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:08 PM
PM Garage

It died charles... still too expensive for club racers... but as the first gen cars get older/cheaper there might be something.
Oh crap I bought a Honda Fit for nothing lol I am playing its my daily driver but I am ready when it comes for that time.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Dont hold your breath my friend... hows your crx coming along?
Been thinking of switching chassis myself to a CRX.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:13 PM
PM Garage

My CRX is on hold for some big items in my life but hopefully next year I want to get the wheels turning.

Got to love the CRX nothing like cheap fast fun.

Quick Reply: HPD B Spec Honda Fit