Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

H4 Honda challenge setups GO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H4 Honda challenge setups GO!!!

Hello people, im just curious what kinda motor setups you guys are running in H4, im gonna be building my Integra Ls for Honda challenge H4, gonna be a while but id like to hear what kinda setups you guys are running, seeming how ill be in H4 and Integra LS, il be running a stock B18B1 but plan to get it built to stock specs for the class, just want it to be fresh and ready, I was reading the rules and noticed you can bore .040 over and a few other things, lets hear what you guys have done, reason i ask, im trying to get the most info i can before i go on, might sound stupid to u guys who have been running it for a while but im coming from the world of drag racing which i have lost all interest in soooo SHOOOT!!! Thanx, plus some pics of H4 class cars would be nice, essp integras, im starting off with my bare shell so i got my werk cut out for me!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H4 Honda challenge setups GO!!! (LS_DON4500)

you may also want to lurk around

http://www.nasaforums.com/

Old 10-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.EdoMoto.com

Edo
Old 10-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

motor set-up? mine is a junk yard special. Plummed a catch can, and added an oil cooler. O and tuned the ECU, but not needed.

If your thinking of racing H4, Build the car. Dont worrie about the motor and work on your suspention. That is were you will notice a huge difference IMO.
BTW the car finished second for the season last year and currently in third for the season this year

Spec Integra?

My car

Old 10-10-2006, 03:18 PM

Default Re: H4 Honda challenge setups GO!!! (EdoMoto)

Don't waste your time/money on building a motor right now. As long as the motor is running ok, just leave it stock. When you're just starting out, the 5-10 hp max difference between a stock motor and full H4 build will be useless to you. You'll have plenty of other things to spend money on (like tires and seat time) that will pay much larger dividends than boring 1mm over or doing a 1" P&P. If you really feel the need to spend money on the drivetrain, IMO it'd be better spent on the transmission. Still though, it'd be one of the last things I'd worry about.

Edit: Damnit, Z is fast.

- Scott
Old 10-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

appreciate all the quick replies, i just want to go over the B1 im gonna purchase and not have it built really like i said, just built back to stock spec, we will see, just wondered what you guys had and again apreciate all the info, im gonna go to the track all next year with my friend Sam Meyers who you all might know so I can get to know a few things here and there, in the meantime, i gotta strip my teg, sell some parts and start planning for the build, like to get out in 08 no doubt, money is always an issue and id like to spend it wisely, reason i ask the questions!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Btw, keep all the info coming, it is appreciated, plus ill keep you guys updated with pics of the teardown and the buildup, Start Start, VROOM VROOM, HERE WE GO, Plus I just bought a 93 FD3S so im a lil bit in the Hole!!!! guess i gotta show a pic of her while im at it, sorry!

Old 10-10-2006, 04:23 PM

Default Re: (LS_DON4500)

If you're teg is not even stripped or caged yet and you don't have your motor, then do yourself a HUGE favor and save lots of time and money by just selling you teg and going down to GA to pick up bosco500's H4 teg. It's got a fresh motor, nice cage, and good suspension in it, plus it even looks nice and he's asking well under what it cost to build it. Just a thought.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i totally understand that, here is the thing, I need something i can build over the course of a year or so, plus i dont have much **** to strip off, just a few things i dont need, i wanna start with something fresh and like i said, The FD i just bought put me a lil behind so i cant buy something totally done right now even though the price is right!!! just so you hear me out right!!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:36 PM
.RJ

Default Re: (FlyZlow)

If you want to race.. sell the RX7 and buy a car already built. Building slow over time, or doing it all at once costs the same amount... and it will be a lot more than the $13k either me or Bosco are selling our cars for.

I will have an H4 car for sale very soon as well.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I will have an H4 car for sale very soon as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you will? why you selling your H4 car?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just bought it and im not selling it!!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:49 PM
.RJ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LS_DON4500 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just bought it and im not selling it!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol... relax.

You can buy a car for half of what it costs to build yourself. But, if the idea of a $12-13k up front cost for a racecar sends you running away, then just stick to doing HPDE's and Trackdays.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha im calm, didnt mean to come out sounding like a total dick, the thought doesnt scare me at all and it sounds real good, if everything goes good by spring and i have money set back for a build, ill consider my options!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:01 PM

Default Re: H4 Honda challenge setups GO!!! (BrianZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrianZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If your thinking of racing H4, Build the car. Dont worrie about the motor and work on your suspention. That is were you will notice a huge difference IMO.
BTW the car finished second for the season last year and currently in third for the season this year

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, spend your money on suspension and seat time, and then learn how to race, that is how you get fast, after you are a good racer add the motor work then you can take it to the next level.
By the way my car, (it finished 2nd in the national H4 championship at mid Ohio last month) has a 40 over built motor and has every H4 track record in our region, Infinion, Thunder Hill and Reno-Fernely also just about all of the ITA track records at those tracks and Laguna Seca and Phoenix international raceway.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H4 Honda challenge setups GO!!! (itaintegra52)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itaintegra52 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree, spend your money on suspension and seat time, and then learn how to race, that is how you get fast, after you are a good racer add the motor work then you can take it to the next level.
By the way my car, (it finished 2nd in the national H4 championship at mid Ohio last month) has a 40 over built motor and has every H4 track record in our region, Infinion, Thunder Hill and Reno-Fernely also just about all of the ITA track records at those tracks and Laguna Seca and Phoenix international raceway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is sweet, goodjob!!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: (577HondaPrelude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 577HondaPrelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you will? why you selling your H4 car? </TD></TR></TABLE>

RJ, answer the question???
Old 10-10-2006, 08:58 PM
New User

Hey LS_DON4500, definitely spend more of your money on running events and getting track time. You want to build a very reliable car that is easy to drive. The more comfortable you are behind the wheel, the faster you will learn and the more fun you'll have. In time when you're ready, spend more money on the motor and ecu. You can stay with honda pistons in your engine for best reliablity, get a good built head and you'll be able to do very well.

Some Pics of our ITA/H4 car. Our goal when we built this car was to have something that could win any ITA or H4 race it entered. In '05 it won the ARRC runoffs race and both series championships it was entered in (pro IT and southeast H-C H4) and in early '06 it won the 3 events we ran it in. Its setup is what you'd find on any good car in its class, IT built engine w/ hondata, custom header, stiff springs dbl adj shocks, custom rear sway bar, LSD, FD, custom 8 pt cage, etc.

Welcome to the integra club! And yeah RJ answer the question.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.RJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want to race.. sell the RX7 and buy a car already built. Building slow over time, or doing it all at once costs the same amount... and it will be a lot more than the $13k either me or Bosco are selling our cars for.

I will have an H4 car for sale very soon as well.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey RJ, why are you selling your H4 car? And are you going to get another when you move?
Old 10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H4 Honda challenge setups GO!!! (Hracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey LS_DON4500, definitely spend more of your money on running events and getting track time. You want to build a very reliable car that is easy to drive. The more comfortable you are behind the wheel, the faster you will learn and the more fun you'll have. In time when you're ready, spend more money on the motor and ecu. You can stay with honda pistons in your engine for best reliablity, get a good built head and you'll be able to do very well.

Some Pics of our ITA/H4 car. Our goal when we built this car was to have something that could win any ITA or H4 race it entered. In '05 it won the ARRC runoffs race and both series championships it was entered in (pro IT and southeast H-C H4) and in early '06 it won the 3 events we ran it in. Its setup is what you'd find on any good car in its class, IT built engine w/ hondata, custom header, stiff springs dbl adj shocks, custom rear sway bar, LSD, FD, custom 8 pt cage, etc.

Welcome to the integra club! And yeah RJ answer the question.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well it isnt really a welcome to the integra club, was my daily driver a few years back, bracket raced it at the strip a lot, bearing was shot and basically i pulled it, havnt touched the car that much, has just sat, BUT YES a welcome to roadracing and such, I cant wait!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 12:28 PM
New User

That's what I meant
Old 10-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha ok, sorry to insult then!!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.RJ's selling because he's decided it's more fun to burn money on a campfire than go racing.

Burning it on a campfire takes more time, though. I'm all about efficiency.

OP: Don't build a race car, seriously. Buy one with a cage, safety equipment, etc. that is legal and relatively quick. Sell your ride before you gut it. It's never too late.

-Chris
Old 10-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i gotta part my car out anyways, there isnt much left on it so it is perfect for a build, i understand where you people are coming from, **** cost money and takes time to build a car like this, I KNOW THIS TRUST ME, I just need a project over the course of a year into 08 but before i do anything ill look around for a rolling chassis caged of course with all safety equip up to spec... I can later find a b1 to drop in it, right now i cant do much, got bills to pay and what not, thanx again guys!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Banned

Default Re: (Chris F)

chris,

i was just looking at your prelude wtb list. it looks like about the only thing you're missing is a prelude cage.

buy a used prelude race car for the parts car you already have!

tom

Quick Reply: H4 Honda challenge setups GO!!!