Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Grinding Noise at high RPM after hard cornering

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Grinding Noise at high RPM after hard cornering

Originally Posted by Chris_Bye
I've had exhaust rattles and rubbing before, but I highly doubt that is the sound. It's too high pitched, like metal against metal. Only thing I could think on the exhaust would be bolts coming loose but then it would make the sounds more consistently.

Only time I've ever heard it is on track like in the video. Never on the street, never in straight lines letting off, only after hard cornering at high rpm, then letting off throttle.

do you still have the heat shields near the shifter linkages?

my dc2 was making similar noises when i would down shift and the engine braking would cause it to vibrate. all i had to do was bend it up alittle bit and it stopped.

btw, i was the guy in the red dc2 @ the last skip barber track day, hope to see u this spring at the track
Old 03-21-2019, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Grinding Noise at high RPM after hard cornering

Originally Posted by sjg88
do you still have the heat shields near the shifter linkages?

my dc2 was making similar noises when i would down shift and the engine braking would cause it to vibrate. all i had to do was bend it up alittle bit and it stopped.

btw, i was the guy in the red dc2 @ the last skip barber track day, hope to see u this spring at the track
UPDATE: PROBLEM (probably) SOLVED!

I upgraded my crank pulley to a Fluidampr from the N1 CTR pulley along with a custom traction bar radius rod (from Charlie Moua on HT) and the noise seems to have gone away.

And hope to see you this year man- just did my first track day of the season last weekend. Still a little cold and track is fresh- no grip!