Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Eibach Multi Pro Shock review

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Eibach Multi Pro Shock review

@ the eibach reps in the room, what valving changes would you make for someone looking to run no less then 1000lb front springs? in the 1000-1200lb range
Old 12-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 10cjennings
@ the eibach reps in the room, what valving changes would you make for someone looking to run no less then 1000lb front springs? in the 1000-1200lb range
This would be hard for me to go into detail about because I have not run rates this high myself. I would imagine that you would probably want to start by adding a bit more slow speed rebound. Most of the changes would need to be based on how the car is responding to your inputs, tire size/compound etc.

I will see if JW can chime in with his opinion. I know he has tried a few different rates on his and I believe some were in the 1k range.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:40 AM
DixielandImports Please

Jared FTW!!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not got to race my car a ton yet and am getting used to the big downforce, But so far I have not felt a need for more spring yet... That could change with Hoosiers but I have not maxed out my adjustments yet. I am running 16k

I am EXTREMELY pleased with the way the car handles and acts with the R2's. The best way to explain it is the car feels slower because its so well behaved in every aspect but the lap times do not lie! Best bang for your buck and customer service is flat out amazing.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by powerneedy
I have not got to race my car a ton yet and am getting used to the big downforce, But so far I have not felt a need for more spring yet... That could change with Hoosiers but I have not maxed out my adjustments yet. I am running 16k

I am EXTREMELY pleased with the way the car handles and acts with the R2's. The best way to explain it is the car feels slower because its so well behaved in every aspect but the lap times do not lie! Best bang for your buck and customer service is flat out amazing.
Glad you like them!
Old 12-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What rates does these come with?
Old 12-31-2014, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by m_shake
What rates does these come with?
The R2s come with 450lb/in fronts and 400lb/in rears. While these numbers may look low on paper, they're actually "stiffer" than you may think with our shock valving. For a daily driver with novice to intermediate track experience these rates are perfect.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you charge extra for non OTS spring rates? Also what would you charge to re valve two of the shocks? You have a shock dyno in house?
Old 12-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jackson
The R2s come with 450lb/in fronts and 400lb/in rears. While these numbers may look low on paper, they're actually "stiffer" than you may think with our shock valving. For a daily driver with novice to intermediate track experience these rates are perfect.
Thank you sir!
Old 01-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you charge extra for non OTS spring rates? Also what would you charge to re valve two of the shocks? You have a shock dyno in house?
Yes, if you want to run different rates than what we supply with our OTS kit you will have to purchase springs separately through a dealer or distributor. Rebuilds start at $175 per corner and, yes, we have a shock dyno. Each shock we make or rebuild is tested on the shock dyno then marked with a serial number and filed before they're boxed up.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jackson
Yes, if you want to run different rates than what we supply with our OTS kit you will have to purchase springs separately through a dealer or distributor. Rebuilds start at $175 per corner and, yes, we have a shock dyno. Each shock we make or rebuild is tested on the shock dyno then marked with a serial number and filed before they're boxed up.
You (eibach) would be the supplier of the other springs, so what's the cost of all 4 corners without springs? Also what size springs are the coilovers designed for?

Last edited by 10cjennings; 01-05-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You (eibach) would be the supplier of the other springs, so what's the cost of all 4 corners without springs? Also what size springs are the coilovers designed for?
We do not sell to the public and we do not sell the R2s without springs. MSRP on our race springs is $95 each and we use 7" by 2.25" ID springs on these coilovers. Actual street price on the race springs will vary from dealer to dealer but most likely much cheaper than our MSRP.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok. Hopefully this is taken as constructive criticism, not flaming but only selling a double adjustable, res fed shock with springs doesn't make sense to me, and only adds to my concerns that this is built (marketing gerally follows engineering goals) for the "track-spec" trend more then those actually racing, because who ever uses off the shelf rates on a race car?

It seems like a great deal/borderline too good to be true for a high quality DA /w res, but obviously manf costs are being cut somewhere compared to the established competitors charging well over $4k for their DA /w res. The only reason I haven't order a set is not knowing exactly what those changes were (I don't expect that to be answered), but things like that don't help.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do you know how long is the wait for the R2 now?
I was told you guys don't have a solid ETA on the R2s
Old 01-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok. Hopefully this is taken as constructive criticism, not flaming but only selling a double adjustable, res fed shock with springs doesn't make sense to me, and only adds to my concerns that this is built (marketing gerally follows engineering goals) for the "track-spec" trend more then those actually racing, because who ever uses off the shelf rates on a race car?
I couldn't agree with you more and we actually tried selling these without springs. The problem is with our distribution. Most distributors or third party sellers do not have the knowledge or data to sell such a kit without springs. Especially when it comes to ordering the correct lengths, diameters, hardware, etcetera. It is what it is. Have you ever tried ordering KW V3s without springs? I'm pretty sure they sell their kits with off-the-shelf rates as well. The same is said for most Tein models, and other brands, with JRZ and Moton being the obvious exceptions.

I'm just glad this kit even exists. It took me years to convince R&D and upper management to make this kit happen and I had a ton of success using this on my personal Civic.

It seems like a great deal/borderline too good to be true for a high quality DA /w res, but obviously manf costs are being cut somewhere compared to the established competitors charging well over $4k for their DA /w res. The only reason I haven't order a set is not knowing exactly what those changes were (I don't expect that to be answered), but things like that don't help.
Good question and there are a few reasons why our kit is priced less than most.

1) We manufacture and assemble everything ourselves.
2) We use stainless steel bodies instead of aluminum and this helps keep costs way down for us.
3) Almost all of our monotube shocks use 46mm pistons. This means we're able to use the same piston and seals in a lot of different model shocks which also helps reduce cost.
4) Eibach just isn't known for producing race dampers even though we've been making the R2 models for over 10 years. That said, we have to price ourselves competitively with the market. This is hands down the best bang for your buck double adjustable coilover out there and we designed the kit with that intention in mind.

This was my personal Civic that we used for the initial development. I put literally over 50+ tracks days on the R2s with zero hiccups. If you or anyone else has the opportunity to get your hands on a set you won't be disappointed!

Last edited by Jackson; 01-16-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Has anyone got any more experience with Pro 2? Given the low spring rates that they come with is there any option to have them valved to custom rates when ordering?
Old 01-25-2017, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Weel
Has anyone got any more experience with Pro 2? Given the low spring rates that they come with is there any option to have them valved to custom rates when ordering?
They are sold as an "off the self" system. Different rates can be ordered, but the 450/400lbs rates are what will be installed when you receive them. We tried to sell these as only the damper so the rates could be chosen at the time of purchase, but we had a hard time doing this with our distributors.
The valving can handle rate increases.(within reason) if you don't know your valving needs. We would recommend talking to Anze suspension in NY. They were recently brought in as an authorized service center that can work with you to get dampers working to your exact needs.
Eibach can re-valve them in house in California if you know what you need.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the stem diameter is for these? Would like to order some different top hats.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Chuck629
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the stem diameter is for these? Would like to order some different top hats.
10mm
Old 03-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

Are these still sold?
Old 03-14-2018, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Ryan
Are these still sold?
Yes, but production is done in very small numbers. We have 10 in stock with the ITR lower mounts.