Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Eibach Multi Pro R2 Question

Old 02-14-2019, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Multi Pro R2 Question

Hey guys,
I've been doing some research and I can't find the answer. Am I able to use this Coilovers on a regular non type R integra?
I am searching for some good coilovers for the track and this ones seems to have a great review and they are cheaper than some Jrz.
Thank you
Old 02-15-2019, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Eibach Multi Pro R2 Question

Not without using Type R control arms. The rear dampers use a different mount than the other trim levels of the Integra. In order to convert your car to Type R rear suspension, you need to get the rear lower arms and rear ABS sensor lines from a Type R.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm it doesnt sound to be too much of a mission.. I'm gonna put some thought and see if its worth doing that or just getting something that just bolts right on
Thank you
Old 02-18-2019, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To save you a little bit of time....if you are planning on buying them new, they are out of stock at the moment. I was told they are not planning on making more in the immediate future and are focused on ramping up their product production of off road product applications.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Guys,

I can help clarify this.
Part# 4020.713 is Type R Specific (designed for ITR rear lower control arms)
Part# 4017.713 is the non Type R style lower arms.

As of right now, both are out of stock with no plans to remake. Your best bet is look for a used set using the part#'s above. They can still be serviced at Eibach though.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't worry guys, there are better options on the market. The damping on this could be MUCH better...
Old 03-19-2019, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RGHTBrainDesign
Don't worry guys, there are better options on the market. The damping on this could be MUCH better...
Useless post without info.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Aquafina
Really now?

Go ahead, you dig up up files off of YOUR shock dyno of this damper...

Eibach makes great springs, but this was one of their products that fell flat on the design side of things. Not to mention the cavitation issues with their remote reservoirs...

If you want to talk suspension, there are three dudes you should be familiar with. Angelo Zarra - Anze Suspension, Paul Yaw - Injector Dynamics, and Tom Glazemakers - Tractive Suspension.

How about instead of making a useless post, you go and talk to the engineers at Eibach to get your shitty product back?

Or, wow, maybe we talk like adults about better alternatives...
Old 03-20-2019, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yet another useless post. I'm not the one making claims about a product, you are, without info to back it up.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Really now?

Go ahead, you dig up up files off of YOUR shock dyno of this damper...

Eibach makes great springs, but this was one of their products that fell flat on the design side of things. Not to mention the cavitation issues with their remote reservoirs...

If you want to talk suspension, there are three dudes you should be familiar with. Angelo Zarra - Anze Suspension, Paul Yaw - Injector Dynamics, and Tom Glazemakers - Tractive Suspension.

How about instead of making a useless post, you go and talk to the engineers at Eibach to get your shitty product back?

Or, wow, maybe we talk like adults about better alternatives...
Dude, all you had to do was provide a reasonable explanation why the Eibachs suck, and suggest a reasonable alternative product. Without those 2 bits of information, yeah that post was useless.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yet another useless post. I'm not the one making claims about a product, you are, without info to back it up.
Originally Posted by jarrettp
Dude, all you had to do was provide a reasonable explanation why the Eibachs suck, and suggest a reasonable alternative product. Without those 2 bits of information, yeah that post was useless.
How are these posts useful? Please, enlighten me.

Jarrett, I did explain both the damping curves and cavitation issues with the remote reservoirs from the Eibach are ****.
As did I list alternatives: Anze Suspension carries Penske, Ohlins, etc that Angelo himself revalves to your usage, as well as Tractive Suspension has the AST Lineup which already have a direct bolt-on configuration.

Spoon Fed much?!

Last edited by RGHTBrainDesign; 03-20-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You didn't explain anything, you named two issues with no proof or explanation. You also didn't state the alternatives, you named people and the companies they work for and made it sound like everyone needs to be well read on them to discuss suspension.

My posts don't need to be useful, I'm not the one that is claiming a product has issues with no evidence or further discussion.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My posts don't need to be useful, I'm not the one that is claiming a product has issues with no evidence or further discussion.
So what is your solution?
Why post at all if you're not going to be useful?

Last edited by RGHTBrainDesign; 03-20-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Again, you're the one making claims, not me.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Again, you're the one making claims, not me.
Please provide something of value... A forum is a place of shared experiences and knowledge.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

One of these individuals is local to me. He is very knowledgeable about suspension setup and has spent quite a bit of time helping one of his employees with his suspension development on the employee's car for NASA time trials. We (the other Honda guys in TT and race group) have all asked him if his boss would be willing to craft a similar package or assist with suspension development for a price. (we're not expecting him to just hand out his time and expertise for free). The answer was a quick, "No". He's busy running a very successful company and did it as a favor to an employee that has put in some hours at said company. Totally understandable position. No tears in our beer.

So you are correct, that those individuals are great resources for suspension development.
But you're pretty far off the mark that a random guy on the forums can just call all of these guys up and start talking about chassis setup. So before you come on here scathing everyone with your **** & vinegar response(s), chill out and make sure the resources you're recommending are actual usable by the group you're recommending them to.

Last edited by BlueTeg; 04-01-2019 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BlueTeg
One of these individuals is local to me. He is very knowledgeable about suspension setup and has spent quite a bit of time helping one of his employees with his suspension development on the employee's car for NASA time trials. We (the other Honda guys in TT and race group) have all asked him if his boss would be willing to craft a similar package or assist with suspension development for a price. (we're not expecting him to just hand out his time and expertise for free). The answer was a quick, "No". He's busy running a very successful company and did it as a favor to an employee that has put in some hours at said company. Totally understandable position. No tears in our beer.

So you are correct, that those individuals are great resources for suspension development.
But you're pretty far off the mark that a random guy on the forums can just call all of these guys up and start talking about chassis setup. So before you come on here scalding everyone with your **** & vinegar response(s), chill out and make sure the resources you're recommending are actual usable by the group you're recommending them to.
I'm not talking about Paul and Eric's situation on here. It's a fantastic situation and I have nothing but amazing things to say about it.

That being said, I came here for a discussion on future product design.
What I do on a day to day basis is test products past their limits in the mountains. What I have seen from THIS product is not something to cry or lose sleep over.
Our current double adjustable options for the various Double Wishbone Honda chassis are from AKMEE Engineering (which I'll have a set to test with), Koni Race 8041s, Penskes from Angelo, KW V3s (going on my daily driver this month), or AST 5200s from Tom.

**** and Vinegar? Dude, get over it. All I said was that this product wasn't that good to begin with, so don't cry over it's lack of availability. ****, if you hadn't noticed, ALL suspension is now built to order for the last few years. It's not the 2000s anymore where everyone and their mom is running a set of coilovers and they build the **** in bulk.

Anyways, we're in the Road Racing forum, so let's stick to helping others go fast(er), yeah?

Cheers.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not talking about Paul and Eric's situation on here. It's a fantastic situation and I have nothing but amazing things to say about it.
Well you dropped Paul's name so I thought sharing that bit of info was relevant for those trying to get familiar with him...

That being said, I came here for a discussion on future product design.
Cool. Maybe start a thread about it? Actual data like shock dynos and controlled track testing showing lap time deltas, and date logging would be a good start. "testing products past their limits in the mountains...on a day to day basis" doesn't count.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm done. The logic of whining over something that wasn't good and isn't being made anymore is below me. I've been constructive and helpful to suggest other options and every time none of you seem to get the point. Over it. Best of luck to whoever reads this 5+ years down the line.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You won't even be here in 5 years.

Adios.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You won't even be here in 5 years.

Adios.
You'll be here for another 30yrs.

Another useless, tactless post.

I'll update everyone on here with results from AKMEE Double Adjustables and KW V3 Double Adjustables. In the meantime, you can always check out the long stroke Koni 2812s and have them valved to your liking. They need more low speed compression for harsher roads to 'float' you over the potholes and bumps effectively. A digressive blow off is fine on rebound.

Koni 2812: HERE

General Koni Information: HERE

Cheers.

Last edited by ShaunRR; 04-04-2019 at 06:19 AM. Reason: OT accusation removed to keep thread on topic
Old 04-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In the meantime, you can always check out the long stroke Koni 2812s and have them valved to your liking. They need more low speed compression for harsher roads to 'float' you over the potholes and bumps effectively. A digressive blow off is fine on rebound.
Wait. There's a few weird things about what you've said here.
  1. Low speed compression won't help you float over potholes and bumps. Low speed compression is for damping smooth suspension movements, like when your car rolls during turn in. If you want to reduce harness over potholes, you want to turn down high speed compression.
  2. A digressive blow off describes the mechanism that allows a suspension damper to produce a highly digressive curve while keeping the high speed damping from skyrocketing. It doesn't define how it's valved nor will that alone give you any indication whether it will work well on rough surfaces.
  3. You're using Koni 28 series shocks on the street? The bodies and seals aren't designed for the kind of abuse you get on normal roads. They'll start falling apart within a few thousand miles if you drove them over potholes and over harsh roads. 28 series shocks are lightweight race shocks. You have to treat them a little nicer than that.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boxedfox
Wait. There's a few weird things about what you've said here.
  1. Low speed compression won't help you float over potholes and bumps. Low speed compression is for damping smooth suspension movements, like when your car rolls during turn in. If you want to reduce harness over potholes, you want to turn down high speed compression.
  2. A digressive blow off describes the mechanism that allows a suspension damper to produce a highly digressive curve while keeping the high speed damping from skyrocketing. It doesn't define how it's valved nor will that alone give you any indication whether it will work well on rough surfaces.
  3. You're using Koni 28 series shocks on the street? The bodies and seals aren't designed for the kind of abuse you get on normal roads. They'll start falling apart within a few thousand miles if you drove them over potholes and over harsh roads. 28 series shocks are lightweight race shocks. You have to treat them a little nicer than that.
First off, I appreciate the fact that someone actually took the time to reply and state their opinions on suspension setup. Thank you.

You're right, a 8211 DA or similar Steel Body would be smarter to run on the street. The majority of companies doing Circle Track based suspension on muscle cars, cruisers, etc are almost all Aluminum though, so I don't deem it as absolutely necessary. Varishock, Viking, QA1, Ridetech, etc, and all of those cars running them are substantially heavier than a little Honda. You do bring up a good point with durability, which I relate more with heat dissipation (aluminum can take the damping energy away faster than steel), which should effect seal lifespan. Then you really have to consider the fact that steel deflects less vs. aluminum and that not all damper manufacturers test an ideal wall thickness for different damping rates. In fact, I don't know of a single one that alters it for higher rates...makes you wonder. It's a balancing act of heat dissipation and minimal deflection.

I disagree with you on Low Speed Compression NOT helping on a rough street situation. During an abrupt stroke (high speed), the compression forces being higher than rebound forces at initial movement jack the car up (float) vs. jamming you into the bumpstops (excessive rebound vs. compression), and as such smooths the transition. When this effect really comes into play is something like a washboarded lane on the interstate where the car seemingly levels out (sometimes higher than ride height).

I simply stated that a digressive blow off is going to be a nice starting point. Sure, some could do linear, but Position vs. Velocity is really only the basic-bitch way of identifying a damper characteristic. What we're really after is something with low initial forces to activate and hysteresis that isn't loopy and huge. Cavitation comes into effect on my applications where I'm out driving hard for 4+hrs vs. someone going down a drag strip for 10 seconds.

Cheers.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:25 PM
Homosexual by choice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This forum is just about (almost) useless. haters gonna hate. As an example, recently I brought back a really old post about rod design discussion. I beam vs. H vs. X. It gets locked for no reason other than bringing back an old top topic from the dead. What's wrong with updating an old thread? Nothing but lame *** mods with nothing better to do. No wonder this place is dead. Most have moved on to social media platforms. I make a good post and I get 20-30k views easy there despite only have just over 2000 fans on my page (was only a 3 digits not long ago).
Old 04-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Homosexual by choice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're the one that started a useless post. RB posted his opinion about a product. Right or wrong he formed an opinion. That's something already. You didn't say **** except bitching.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Eibach Multi Pro R2 Question