Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Constructive criticism/feedback/advice wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Constructive criticism/feedback/advice wanted

Last edited by thadon805; 03-26-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Constructive criticism/feedback/advice wanted

Most people will tell you to leave it as is and get more seat time under your belt. Be patient and keep learning your car and have fun.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep at it, I'd say stay with the same size wheels and tires and go to the track more often and get seat time. The suspension mod would help a bit but even still the seat time is pretty important. And then do a mod or 2 at a time so that you see and feel the difference.

Some people don't get enough seat time and then do all these mods and get overwhelmed with everything because they can't understand where they need to improve. If you Forexample change to new coilovers then you can play around with the setting until you find something good enough for you. Then you add wider wheels and different tires and then after you feel them out then you adjust the suspension again to compliment the tires Etc etc
Old 03-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm with the others - don't even think about mods, just focus on seat time. You've got a lot of stuff already done to the car and based on your laptimes (2:30:xx) you've got a lot of time you can drop just by improving your skills and in general how comfortable you are on track and in the car. I'd guess that your car in it's current form is capable of at least 2:15:xx, likely even sub 2:10:xx or lower (I have yet to test out the new pavement but everyone says it's faster than before). You should start dropping time pretty quickly over your first few track days and then you'll hit a point where you're not dropping times as much - all totally normal.

Running with SpeedVentures is great, try to go on one of the HFF event days and introduce yourself to the other HFF'ers. You'll make friends and likely find people to give you rides or even go along in your car as a passenger and try to give you some pointers on driving line...etc. Have you been on track as a passenger? For me this was a turning point and it may be for you too. I knew what it felt like in my car and I thought I was near/at the limit, then I rode shotgun with a friend and he showed me what it was like at the limit. I thought "holy ****, I didn't know it was possible to go that fast through that corner!" Then during my session I pushed it and found I too could go faster there - I just had to have someone show me it was possible. Once you get more experience you'll be better at knowing this for yourself (I've gotten better but still have a long way to go).

Most importantly, have fun out there and be safe!
Old 03-16-2015, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by thadon805; 03-26-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All the HFF info is on the SpeedVentures website
Speed Ventures - Competitions
https://www.facebook.com/HFFChallenge
Speed Ventures - Track Events
http://www.speedventures.com/the-lin...Rules-2015.pdf

Really nice group of guys - both organizing and competing.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with the posts here. No more mods until you run consistent lap times, within 2-3 seconds. Then you will actually appreciate each change you make. Money is better spent on seat time. You will need the money for tires, repairs, and maintenance. Tires are the most important item and you already have one the top 200 treadwear tires you can get.

Regarding your video, work on exit speed. I know that includes a lot of things such as braking, hitting your apex, etc... exit speed is more important than entry speed.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Like everyone has posted, the more seat time - the better.

Also, meet as many people as you can during these track days. Take advantage of the whole day and go for ride-alongs with alike (and maybe different) cars. You'll pick up on driving styles, limits, corrections, etc etc. And of course always try to get an instructor to give you more tips!

its always about the driver, not the parts