Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Comfortable Fixed back seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 08:05 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comfortable Fixed back seats?

Im gonna be ordering another set of seats today.. Im thinking about getting the Momo 1000 lakes in Carbon fiber, or a Recaro SPG. Im looking for a seat that is fairly comfortable, yet will hold me in place. Do any of you have any suggestions??
I have a Momo rookie racing seat now and it kills my back after about 45 min of driving.. I just dont want to get another set of seats only to have my back hurt again!

(Ive had SRD's on order for 10 weeks, and Im sick of waiting, plus I am on the track quite often and think a fixed back seat would better suit me, cant really recline the seat much with a rollbar anyway.)
Oh yea, Im about 5 foot 11, 160 pounds

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2001, 06:31 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Comfortable Fixed back seats? (RacerJon)

I also like the Forza II's. Very easy on you. (and your wallet)
Old 06-20-2001, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Comfortable Fixed back seats? (EFFECT)

I have the Sparco Ultras and before making any changes I thought I'd never be able to drive the car again. I got some poly*something*ene that they use to make pillows. Took a rather large size piece of felt and made a pillow to sit in the back section (entire height). It is quite decent now - even took that car to Raleigh and back two weeks ago with no major side effects.

In the voice of a Bristol Myers Squibb commercial voice over . . .
"Warning: Side effects may result such as abdominal pains, nausea, erectile dysfunction, headaches, sleepiness, leg cramps, cold sweats, hot flashes, irritability, dry mouth, cotton mouth, coffee breath, magna *** laude, summa *** laude, the radio's to loudy, omnibus, you're on the bus, we're all on the bus and other hardly-noticible common effects no different than that of taking a sugar pill. Always consult your cage builder before installing any cusioning and check with your physician to see if she can prescribe you the pillow or at least contact your pharmacist to provide you with cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol for the needle ******."
Old 06-20-2001, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Comfortable Fixed back seats? (EFFECT)

Sparco EVOs are very confortable .. but pricy.

Between a Momo Rookie and a Corbeau Forza, which one do you guys think is more conforatble? I don't have Evo money and will need to drive to most events as well.
Old 06-21-2001, 04:15 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Comfortable Fixed back seats? (SPiFF)

Well, I just ordered, a pair of Momo 1000 lakes Carbon/Kevlar seats.. They look pretty well padded.. Lets hope so!
I actually was going to get the Sparco Evo, but didnt find a set in stock, Im hoping I didnt just blow a bunch of money to have a sore back again!

Oh yea, I have the Momo Rookie seat, and it kills my back after about an hour, thats why Im getting new seats. More padding on the back part of the seat may do the trick. Besides that it does a fine job, anyone wanna buy mine?

[Modified by EFFECT, 8:18 AM 6/21/2001]
Old 06-21-2001, 05:14 AM
DR
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Comfortable Fixed back seats? (SPiFF)

Yes, Sparco Evo are very comfortable for a solid back seat. You can get them imported from the UK for about $350 shipped. I have a Cobra Monaco and it is not comfortable at all.