Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Civic EG Integra LS swap race car build wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Civic EG Integra LS swap race car build wiring question

Hello:

I'm new to this forum and looking for some answers for my wheel 2 wheel eg civic with integra ls swap about engine wiring harness.

Like I said, this is a strict race car for Chumpcar, Honda Challenge, AER so I'm looking for the most simplest wiring swap to get the LS engine running.

Here are somethings I'm looking to do:

1). It will be a push start with a main electrical kill switch for ignition
2). Radiator fan will be a manual turn on with a switch on the dash during pits and no need to connect it to the main wiring harness.
3). Wipers will be manual activated as well.
4). Fuel pump will also be manual activated with a switch on the dash.
5). I will need the rear tail lights as it's required by the rules

Now, I would like to take the entire eg civic wiring harness out and replace it with the integra wiring harness as the previous owner of the civic hacked the wiring so bad that I'm not sure what is cut and what is good. Therefore, for simplicity, I decided to just use the Integra's complete wiring harness.

I have the entire complete donor Integra. What I want is to re-do the Integra wiring harness and use just the important sensors, etc... to be able to get the LS b18b1 engine started and run.

Can anyone please let me know what's the simplest way to do this project? I really want to eliminate all unnecessary wiring and make it simple so if there's a issue on the track during a race, it would be easy to diagnose the problem. I would also make the engine bay wiring as clean as possible too.

If anyone have any suggestions or pointers, please let me know?

Thank you.

Last edited by mug23; 07-20-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:33 PM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Civic EG Integra LS swap race car build wiring question

Start by going to the swap forum.
Plenty of info there.
When I did my EG LS swap for my street car I used a stock harness from a DX model no chopping at all.
You might have to extend wires on the O2 sensor.
Memory serves me right I only needed a sub harness for the distributor nothing else.
If you want to do a minimal wiring custom interior harness you will be in for a big undertaking.
If you aren't electrically inclined I wouldn't attempt it.
When I swapped I'm a B16 to my H2 track car I went with a Rywire engine harness.. Yea its expensive.
Also I have a very very good friend who came in, and he laid out the interior harness.
We de-pinned a lot of wire just to get to the essentials.
Fan,lights,fuel etc. It took many a weekend.
In went the relays, and eliminated everything that wasn't needed in a pure track car.
I'm no electrical genius.... that I can pass the glory to my very very good friend Dave who is just one super mechanic.