Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Camber gauges

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber gauges

Sorted

Last edited by Weel; 01-28-2021 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Camber gauges

I have yet to find a single camber guage that is actually accurate. the biggest issue is it needs to mount properly, which none do.

I personally just make sure I'm parked on a perfectly flat surface, I put a square against the wheel flat to the floor, measure height from floor to upper tire edge (same point on tire where square touches on bottom edge), measure distance from same tire edge to edge of square, then do the triangular math to calculate angle
Old 02-10-2017, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I use a longacre bubble gauge with an adapter that sits on the flat edge of my wheels. Depending on exactly how accurate you want, then maybe get a digitial one. Mine measures in 1/4 degree increments.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I use a longacre gauge, they have a bunch of different adapters available so you should be able to find something that fits on the hub/wheel.

Longacre Caster Camber Gauge 78264
Old 02-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've been using a very ghetto setup but with great results. Consists of a cheap Harbor Freight level that I cut down to the size of my wheels and tape a digital level to.

I used this method after a complete suspension tear down and overhaul. I took the car immediately to my alignment guy and his readings were very close to mine. He was actually very surprised how accurately I got my toe, caster and camber with such simple methods in my driveway. Most of his adjustments were due to corner balancing and re-adjusting the alignment accordingly.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I really like ^that^ method, I do expect it to be quite accurate as long as the ground is near perfectly level, and cost efficient.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Colin
I've been using a very ghetto setup but with great results. Consists of a cheap Harbor Freight level that I cut down to the size of my wheels and tape a digital level to.

I used this method after a complete suspension tear down and overhaul. I took the car immediately to my alignment guy and his readings were very close to mine. He was actually very surprised how accurately I got my toe, caster and camber with such simple methods in my driveway. Most of his adjustments were due to corner balancing and re-adjusting the alignment accordingly.
I do something very similar. I have a 3/4 tube that will hold itself to the rib of the wheel with the same angle finder. I put the car up on my scale platforms to make sure it is level.

If you don't have scale platforms, you can calibrate the angle finder to zero using the floor.