Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

ASR Revolver RTA Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ASR Revolver RTA Bushings

I just noticed these on their site. While I like the idea of a cheap and easy rebuild, I'm not sure about using delin. They say "if or when the unit wears out" which leads me to believe it will last a very long time but I'm not sure I buy it. What do you guys think?

https://www.asrparts.com/collections/suspension/products/asr-revolver?variant=20359093574

Thanks,
Frankie
Old 10-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ASR Revolver RTA Bushings

They are on my short list of parts. 90% of a spherical RTA ability, 1/2 the price, 1/4 the weight. From my own experience ASR doesn't make junk.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have spoken with people/companies who have previously tried to use delrin for these bushings and they had issues with the dirt/dust/debris scoring the delrin, which leads to premature wear and excess play in the bearing. I'm all for product development, But I feel like metal is the best choice for these.

With that said.
ASR does make great products and I use them on my car. I'm a big supporter of them!
Old 10-14-2016, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reyes
I have spoken with people/companies who have previously tried to use delrin for these bushings and they had issues with the dirt/dust/debris scoring the delrin, which leads to premature wear and excess play in the bearing. I'm all for product development, But I feel like metal is the best choice for these.

With that said.
ASR does make great products and I use them on my car. I'm a big supporter of them!
I agree 100% that metal is better, but for Autoslalom and say ChumpCar, these fall under a rubber bushing and still work like a spherical. You will need to replace them more often, but its just a Delrin bushing that needs replaced. Replacement bushings
are just $15. So IMO these will be great for anyone running in Street tire, or street prepared classes in Slalom or ChumpCar. Ill be looking to get a Set this winter for my Autocross car and our New racecar/chumpcar. I can give a good comparision end of next year as we just ordered PCI rear spherical ones for our other Racecar.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My hang up is they're $260 and PCI are $300...for $40 I guess I'll go PCI. I've heard nothing but great things about PCI parts so why not right? Not knocking ASR because I know they make great parts too but I'd rather have a more durable and longer wearing part.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The pci are also available for $260
https://nemos-garage.com/collections...gra-88-91-cr-x
Old 10-29-2016, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

PCI's offset bushings are supposed to help with rear-end bumpsteer a lot. Problem is you need to air-hammer the chassis on some places to get clearance. Nothing crazy, but just saying.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dilbones
PCI's offset bushings are supposed to help with rear-end bumpsteer a lot. Problem is you need to air-hammer the chassis on some places to get clearance. Nothing crazy, but just saying.
I hadn't heard that before about the chassis clearance. Now I feel like I need to go check mine to see if there are any issues, but I never noticed anything in terms of issues with handling or rubbing noises. I love my PCI offset bushings, the difference over Mugen RTA bushings was massive, the rear is much, much more stable now.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Colin
I hadn't heard that before about the chassis clearance. Now I feel like I need to go check mine to see if there are any issues, but I never noticed anything in terms of issues with handling or rubbing noises. I love my PCI offset bushings, the difference over Mugen RTA bushings was massive, the rear is much, much more stable now.
stable? How so? I guess I'm used to less extravagant stuff.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Really like ASR's products but ended up buying the PCI spherical RTAB's. Either option would be a significant improvement over the rubber style bushings on track.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Reyes

With that said.
Just saw this.

It would make sense that you'd have scoring issues with delrin bushing in between the two metals.

1.) Delrin has a low hardness (it scratches/scores easily despite it's lower likelihood for cold deformation relative to poly)
2.) Sphericals with full-metal components are susceptible to damage from dust entering into the bearing (just like any other bearing)

I'd vote for the PCI's. I know people who use them and love them.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ESM Race Adjustable Rear Billet Trailing Arm

Has anyone tried these? I can't find any info on them. I'm kinda liking the idea of making the arms lighter and getting rid of the toe arm. These will be going on a caged track car....
Old 11-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old thread with relevance: https://honda-tech.com/forums/road-r...d-you-2717766/

Scott, who knew some of this sounded familiar...
Old 11-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boost ben
ESM Race Adjustable Rear Billet Trailing Arm

Has anyone tried these? I can't find any info on them. I'm kinda liking the idea of making the arms lighter and getting rid of the toe arm. These will be going on a caged track car....
We use them on our time attack car and love them:
Old 11-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I forgot you were using the ESM Chris.

To those saying Delrin scratches easy... I have machined and tested Delrin around 2007 and while it will get small surface scratches easy, it is extremely durable. Messing around with spare slabs we put straps through them and could ice skate/skateboard across asphalt and concrete without much deep scoring at all. I mean the **** was slick as can be and we tried destroying it will 5lb sledge hammers it wouldn't even dent. I'm literally looking at a chunk of it on my desk and a screw driver even lightly will leave lines in it so I supposed dust might prematurely create some slop with the weight of a car on it. My real question is... WHY IS NOBODY MAKING SEALED UNITS OF SPHERICAL OR DELRIN?! It would be so easy to put a small boot even like a CV axle boot over each side.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:45 AM
Homosexual by choice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kungfuSiR
We use them on our time attack car and love them:
Beautiful EK. What class does it run? I imagine time attack of some sort... Which rear wing is that? What rear diffuser? I love how the car is put together it is aesthetically very pleasing.

The new ASR bushings looks interesting. Since it is delrin I kind of think they should've priced it at about $200. I actually haven't driven the PCI RTA before... but in the very near future my 95 del Sol is going full sphericals via. King Pin Machine for the major pieces. For RTA bushings I'll have to think which one to try. Either is probably fly. I do like the ASR for its innovation, this is something new. :-)
Old 11-19-2016, 01:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by exgr
The new ASR bushings looks interesting. Since it is delrin I kind of think they should've priced it at about $200.
They're on sale now for $208 on JHP. I just ordered a set.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:48 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice idea, and I'm a fan of ASR, but I went with PCI personally.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dilbones
stable? How so? I guess I'm used to less extravagant stuff.
Sorry, I've been MIA for a bit. It's a little hard to explain because you likely won't know rear end stability can improve until it does. My car felt fine but as part of a full bushing overhaul I upgraded to the spherical rears. Over rough portions of the track and specifically high speed corners the rear just feels more planted. It's almost as if the rear was able to wallow about before and now there's no funny business back there, all the weight transfers evenly and the rear just seems more stable.

I'd love to do a back to back comparison between the standard and offset versions. For me the concept of the offset is enough to swing my decision towards PCI - but that's under the assumption that it provides a benefit.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Coming up on a year later, I'm curious if anyone has further feedback on the ASR Revolver, as I'm planning to put in that or the PCI this off-season.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Chumpcar bailed on Coming to Nova Scotia so I never bought the Revolver ones, But I did get the PCI offset ones for our DelSol racecar. World of difference. Rear of the car felt so much better, consistent and planted. We were able to take a bunch of rear toe out of the car, and keep it behind us lol. We have a lot of bumps on our track and some big ones on Corner entry. Use to have to really baby it into T1, not now. It was the only change on the car over the winter and was instantly noticeable. Once we changed the alignment to less rear toe and had the weather on our side we took the FWD track record back from my boss. lol. Our previouse best was a 1:15.0, we knocked it down to a 1:14.4. Lots of other things play in there i know, but we were on older hoosier this year, VS fresh takeoffs before. Any car I build from now on will have them installed right away. Or stay with a factory style one lol.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the reply. Seems like PCI is hard to beat! I'll probably go with them too.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How they holding up longer term?