Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

6 Cars Start the F1 Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (apexinghonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by apexinghonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If Kumho told you that your tires can't handle turn 12 at Road Atlanta and it is unsafe are you going to go drive thru T12? </TD></TR></TABLE>

So you're saying if that happened then Road Atlanta should put in a chicane right before the race starts so those with Kumho's can still race?

Someone mentioned that F1 can still race with a chicane, that's true, but you can't throw in something that will benifit one set of teams just before the race starts. Everyone knew what Indy was like, they have run there before.

So what happens at the next race if Michelin "brings the wrong tire" and askes for them to slow the track down again? Is it Michelin's job to dictate how a track should be set up? Should Bridgestone be penalized for their mistakes?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: (nonsense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonsense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So what happens at the next race if Michelin "brings the wrong tire" and askes for them to slow the track down again? Is it Michelin's job to dictate how a track should be set up? Should Bridgestone be penalized for their mistakes? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Formula 1 will end as we know it, and the British GP will be a GPWC race.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nonsense)

If the Bridgestone teams had a saftey issue with a tire, even though there are only 6 cars running them, I think consesson should be made, this is not about competitive this is about saftey. Funny thing is if Ferrari was involved in this I bet a chicane would have been put up faster than you can see Mosley.

As stated before I think that his is a cumilation of issues and Michelin and The Team owners decided that this was the last straw and they were going to dig thier heals in.

If these supposildy best teams/cars/drivers in the world could not handel a course change that is sad. I also would only agree to the course change if it was demmed safe for all cars.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Formula 1 will end as we know it, and the British GP will be a GPWC race.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool!

Something that dawned on me a little earlier today, though.
Why should Michelin be forced to repay those attending the race for their tickets? I could see that might have been a plausible response if the race had actually been canceled, however it was decided that the race would go on and a winner was declared by the SOM and FIA.

Therefore, maybe the FIA should compensate the attendees and Indy for the poor results.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:35 PM
New User

Default Re: (zygspeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">however it was decided that the race would go on and a winner was declared by the SOM and FIA.

Therefore, maybe the FIA should compensate the attendees and Indy for the poor results. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, I can play this game, too. If there was a indeed "race" and a declared "winner" then by all account the FIA did do its job of putting on a race. The question then becomes who took away the quality of this so-called race and should they have to compensate the fans for this diminished excitement? Kind of like buying a $80K Benz to find out that all that money only bought you a working engine and a chassis that will get you to your destination, but the seats, windows and all the accessories are missing. Of course you'd feel you got ripped off and would want your money back, even though you did get a device that you can use to go from point A to B. I guess Michelin thought so too, and that is good.

Those following this up close can debate forever Michelin's true intentions with this compensation, all its political implications, the shots fired at the FIA that came with it, etc. But (I hope) that this in the end is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. In the grand scheme of things, the average person considers this thing called F1 and everything associated with it as a black box. They don't know what's inside, nor do they care. All they want is for it to output a certain number of quality races each year. So now all they see is that a relatively significant compensation is finally coming out of this big black box for the mess this black box made out of Indy. This is all what the average person cares/knows about F1 and there are many many times more such people around the world than the hardcore fans that waste their time arguing over the F1 politics and who is to be blamed for what. So I will be optimistic and believe that this is the beginning of the much needed reconstructive surgery that F1 as a whole needs after the blow it took at Indy.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: (Hracer)

Discussion of FOM and the real reason F1 exists in the first place. $$$$$$$$

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15133.html

Barry H.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (apexinghonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by apexinghonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Discussion of FOM and the real reason F1 exists in the first place. $$$$$$$$

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15133.html

Barry H. </TD></TR></TABLE>

good link. thanks!