Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

"Honda Cup" on speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 07:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default "Honda Cup" on speed

who is the tool that said FWD should be banned from the track....hahahaha....he just spun.....

watch what you say mang!!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw that a minute ago on speed.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW what was the story with the s2k? Was that a mechanical problem or did he forget to tighten the lugs?
Old 01-06-2006, 07:40 AM

Default Re: (JDM Factor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM Factor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW what was the story with the s2k? Was that a mechanical problem or did he forget to tighten the lugs? </TD></TR></TABLE>

looked like it BROKE....whole spindal....usually wheel with go off and not come back under if it was loose
Old 01-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Honda Cup" on speed (chad)

On Speed Channel? What show?
Old 01-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It was on Redline TV or something like that
Old 01-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who is the tool that said FWD should be banned from the track....hahahaha....he just spun.....

watch what you say mang!! </TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL, my wife and I were watching that segment the other day. We both laughed our asses off at the bitch slap a little thing called "karma" gave him.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:08 AM

It was on last week, too. Redline TV was the show.

Yes, the hatch with K motor was fast. I am sure it is more forgiving that S2K too.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (clubspec330i)

I watched it too... what was funny was that Mr RWD was outqualified by the "inferior" FWDs. I was rolling when that wheel fell off though......

Modified by racinjason at 3:00 PM 1/6/2006
Old 01-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Rather OG

Default Re: (racinjason)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racinjason &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I watched it too... what was funny was that Mr RWD was outqualified by the "inferior" FWDs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hrm...kinda like what the H1 cars will do to the RWD cars at VIR next month
Old 01-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who is the tool that said FWD should be banned from the track....hahahaha....he just spun.....

Yep! Talk about poetic justice? We arranged the TV coverage as part of a series, or even an ongoing show I have been asked to produce for 2006... It may or may not all come together but I'm working on it. Honda Cup and our new projects will be the feature of the series, but not neccesarilly the only racing series we intend to cover. It will be about building and racing cars at the Highest level of Amatuer Racing. Entertaining yet informative. As you saw, and those who know me, are aware that everyone of interest will be included and get some coverage.

Anyway You could have knocked me down with a feather when I heard Mr Rousch start his tirade on how Front Wheel Drive cars are shopping baskets and should be banned from racing!!!? He must have forgotten it was a Front Whel Drive compettitor that got him his 5 minutes of infamy? I would never wish bad fortune on another competitor... But I must admit to a certain feeling of satisfaction when the S2000 rear suspension collapsed like 2 seconds after his ravings.

Looking forward to much more of the same...

Kiwi
Old 01-06-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Re: "Honda Cup" on speed (KIWI)

The moron in question hangs out over here.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/ind...48563

The threads are quite amusing. Some, but not all of the guys in the racing and competetion forums over there are total asshats.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:14 AM

Default Re: (Back in Black)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Back in Black &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hrm...kinda like what the H1 cars will do to the RWD cars at VIR next month </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah....cept the purpose built rwd....and gt3 cars....grrr...can't wait to bounce the 8500 revlimiter in 6th gear on the back straight!!! how bout you jason??
Old 01-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Honda Cup" on speed (KIWI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KIWI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It will be about building and racing cars at the Highest level of Amatuer Racing</TD></TR></TABLE>

So it's not going to be about Honda-Cup then?
Old 01-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha his superior "race ready" car broke hahahaha

He came off as a total dumbass and backed it up with his car breaking.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Re: "Honda Cup" on speed (nonsense)

damn i want to see this...oh well it's speed so that means it will be replayed like 20 times throughout the week.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Honda Cup" on speed (Ethereal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ethereal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn i want to see this...oh well it's speed so that means it will be replayed like 20 times throughout the week.</TD></TR></TABLE>
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/ind...48486
Old 01-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I must have missed him ranting about himself, I just turned the tv on when the car had problems.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone have another time of when the show will be on next?
Old 01-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM Factor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone have another time of when the show will be on next?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UltimateTSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/ind...48486</TD></TR></TABLE>

Go there and DL it!

What a Tool. FWD's are not race cars...
HAHA!
He should own a bimmer and not a Honda with that attitude!

Talk about pissing off a lot of people with some bone head statements!

And I loved when he was talking about oversteer from RWD cars, and the fact they are harder to drive. I guess he has never driven a properly set up FWD race car...
Old 01-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (prkiller)

Maybe he should realize that an S2K is not a true "race" car either. A true race car is one that is built for racing only. A true race car would not come with a trunk, a CD player, carpet, reclining seats, rubber bushings, passenger seat, doors, windows, speakers, ect..... He, just like the rest of us are racing cars that were built to get people from point A to point B.

...but it's still fun to race em

Old 01-06-2006, 02:26 PM

Default Re: (577HondaPrelude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UltimateTSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.s2ki.com/forums/ind...48486</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL sucks for the fat man. that guy really had it in for the FF cars, and couldn't even back it up when two inferior cars were ahead of him in qualifying haha, and the integra won the championship for crying out loud...
Old 01-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hahahaha I was never able to see the beginning of the vid now that I did...well you'll always have a know it all in racing. I don't race in the US I go to a lot of invites and see people race here but if someone would to over hear this dude where I race he would just be laughed at. I like how the FWD guys qualified in front of him, yet his "Real" racecar couldn't finish.

Modified by JDM Factor at 10:31 PM 1/6/2006
Old 01-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That was a good one. That tool said how good and fast the S2000 is over the FWD cars and ended his coment with his only 3/10 behind the FWD cars.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:35 PM

Default Re: (ITAcelica)

Marty is actually an OK guy and I can't think of anyone I know who has anything really bad to say about him. Yeah, he came off a little stupid in the video, but you need to understand how the video is made.

What happens is they film an interview for 15-20 minutes and then use 30 seconds of footage, usually the worst 30 seconds where you forgot what you were saying because you've repreated the same thing 3 times because loud cars keep going past in the background, or there's a pretty girl in the background who has dropped ice cream down her top and is in the process of extracting it. Both things happened in my interview, which could be why there is a segment where even I can't make sense of what I said. The production company decides the 'spin' they put on the video, which in this case was the s2000 vs FWD. There were many other things they could have focused on, but this time it was the s2000, and they used a lot of Marty's interview.

His rear hub broke in my opinion because he was running 305 mm rear tires on a day where the track was nice and grippy after some recent rain (rare for willow springs). We talked to the s2000 guys and gave them the whole history of hub failure on the earlier CRX/Civic, and hopefully they will see what they need to do. It would have been good to see some in car footage too, so next time we'll know what to expect and what to ask for from redline TV.

PS my 'shopping basket' finished where?

Quick Reply: "Honda Cup" on speed