Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Top secret gold/ knockoff color +opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Top secret gold/ knockoff color +opinions

I know the deal with top secret selling their paint at a premium, however is there anyone who has a color that is close to it that they have used or have on their car? If not, care to give me some color suggestions for a Crx HF? I have thought of the Phoenix yellow or the spoon yellow as well, Any help/info is appreciated, will continue to dig through threads and see what I can find, I love the satin-esque gold colors but don't want it to be too oem/grandmas cruiser color , thought of bronze as well but not too big of a fan of the idea of bronze or darker..

I am looking to know about longevity of the paints i mentioned as well, have limited experience in that department , car would be not garaged but at least covered, our climate shifts from hot summers to cold winters, and is quite neurotic in its behavior at times, no salt on roads usually, however living near the beach there is sand.

The shell overall is in fantastic shape, and I wont be doing a full dash-out job, more or less, jams and trunk/bay is about as far as I am going to take it .

As far as wheels, its going to be a DD, so probably some clean LS meshes or maybe some cheaper rota 16's/17s