Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

SOO MADD!! Bad news for the teggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOO MADD!! Bad news for the teggy

Soo heres the story..

Someone ran into my car in my buddies driveway. Just a dent on the driver side wheel well. Quoted around 500$ to fix it. Guy paid cash. Its a boosted 00 gsr by the way.

So i took it down monday and checked up on it today. Well on happy at all. I asked them to paint my TypeR lip and oem sideskirts to match. Milano Red. They did that just fine. But my paint isn't the best of shape. Not scratched but just kinda faded ya know. No clear coat damage just not bright red. Still shiny as all but getting lightish.

Well im pissed. they painted my whole quarter panel. All the way to the mirror (a pillar) its not even closed to matching. They haven't buffed it yet but the clear coat looked like the kids at vo-tech sprayed it. My rear bumper, they painted it red, even the black diffuser part... UGH!!!!!!

Soo what do i do?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SOO MADD!! Bad news for the teggy

i'm very capable of doing car estimates, and quarterpanel damage such as yours usually reach a little over the $1000 mark to be properly repaired and blended... so for a $500 estimate, u really do get what you pay for. u should take it back and have them re-do it. if you took it to a BS mom n pops shop, then u definitely just got what you paid for... if u took it to a high quality shop that does legit work, they'll gladly re-do it for you because customer service is usually a real shop's goal in every job they do
Old 05-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

One other place i took it to was only 300$. I haven't picked it up yet. The same place fixed my civic after it was rear ended. 5000$ damage. They put a new quarter panel skin and some other stuff but it was FLAWLESS really. Even after a month i couldn't find anything wrong.

I haven't talked to him yet. But i'm also not in the long beach area. Just a small city west of Pittsburgh. So I think work will be cheaper.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah that could be a big factor... but obviously u can even see for yourself, the other place u took it to quoted $300 vs a $500 quote.. that tells u something... u should've tried to find out what shops are best known to put out good work, and gotten a quote from them as well. 2-3 quotes be4 u make your decision. from here u can only complain to the shop till they get it right. did u go through insurance to get your car fixed? or the guy that hit you paid u cash?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the guy that hit me paid cash. And I had already shopped around to get my civic fixed for a reputable body shop. So i didn't hesitate on taking it there. I'll talk to him tomorrow about it. The quarter panel is going to be noticeably brighter tho. UGH!!!!!!!!!