Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep
View Poll Results: Is the rising sun flag offensive?
Yes, it will offend people. Don't Do it!
8.67%
No, but its to similiar to the Imperial Army flag. Don't risk it!
3.47%
No, but why ruin a carbon fiber hood? Don't do it!
27.75%
You work at a military base and want this on your car? ARE YOU CRAZY!!!
12.14%
Not offensive at all! Go for it!!!
47.98%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Rising Sun Offensive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rising Sun Offensive?

Originally Posted by ej1 rep
Why is this even a thread? who cares. Obviously the OP is trying to get a rise out of people.
not true, if anything i think its opened some people eyes on this subject that they prolly didnt previously realize. body work is done so car will be painted sometime within the next month. i still plan on painting my extra hood that I have.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ShinHed
Your argument is weak, like a small child and the addition of expletives makes your argument weaker. A redneck reppin' a confederate flag, or a black guy reppin' Jamaica, or Mexican's reppin' Mexico is not the same as some fool reppin' some symbol of of their foes (or former foes).
dude you're an american first then your a jamaican or mexican...remember what come first...if people hate this country so much why even live here...the confederate flag is offensive to some...othe may view it as a symbol of the south and others may view its a symbol of oppression and slavery...what if some douche wanted to go around wearing a flag of iraq....
Old 02-17-2009, 04:37 AM
ⒽⓉ ④ ⓁⒾⒻⒺ

Buahahahaha that's fugly!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its all about what you like bro. fuduck what people think, i havent seen that done before so it would be pretty original.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do it and drive it like you stole it
Old 02-26-2009, 02:55 PM

Who gives a crap if it offends anyone. It's called freedom for a reason.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its your car for one. Second its your choice. I think you should do it to your extra hood so i can see or WE can see what it looks like. Dont f*ck up your CF hood. Just my opinon but it looks pretty cool on valve covers.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:20 AM
we don't just give titles out

Originally Posted by Blueallie
Who gives a crap if it offends anyone. It's called freedom for a reason.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allmotorek4
now show me a painted {US flag} one on a car
I could go on for days...why not ask for pics of cars painted yellow...

Don't forget about the best pop cult example...

Its your car...rice it out as you please
Old 02-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry​ got way A-​D-​D on you guys and im no engli​sh teach​er so stfu

Cool that you care not to impos​e but i just want to say its your car and its a artis​tic desig​n of a risin​g sun which​ i think​ is prett​y posit​ive.​ Not sure what the swast​ika was a symbo​l of but that might​ be pushi​ng it. My Grand​pas both fough​t in the war and one was very racis​t becau​se of the Japan​ese.​.​.​ he just died 2 years​ ago and still​ was haha.​ But they chang​ed alot and have given​ so much to the world​ that you have to love them.​ Not only are they just like us, human​.​.​.​ you have to respe​ct that if you were raise​d in the envir​onmen​t they were back then you would​ also kill Ameri​cans and fly plane​s into ships​.​ The brain​wash style​ and their​ might​y "​godli​ke"​ leade​r.​ Point​ is histo​ry is very impor​tant (​given​ our damn gover​nment​s might​ cover​ thing​s up or teach​ it wrong​ for their​ benef​it)​ and i think​ we learn​ed alot from that momen​t in time.​ Its good to bring​ it up and make peopl​e remem​ber what had happe​ned and what can happe​n in the futur​e!​ Im talki​ng about​ gover​ment and the "​tools​"​ used to rule our peopl​e along​ with other​ natio​ns.​

So even tho you might​ have just been doing​ it since​ its "​cool"​ or you liked​ jap machi​nery,​ i see you doing​ somet​hing large​r and more power​ful.​ You are showi​ng the world​ you respe​ct human​s,​ you want histo​ry to thriv​e to make us bette​r.​ And that "​cool"​ that you feel is freed​om and it can all be so peach​y until​ you see where​ your leade​rs led you.

Just read this from the Japan​ese back then.​

"""When the Emperor passed by we had to bow our heads very low. We were made to believe that the Emperor was too awe inspiring for ordinary humans to look upon directly.”

Such was the depth of reverence afforded the Japanese Emperor. Children were, in fact, told that they would go blind if they looked directly upon the face of the Emperor. Devotion to the Emperor meant being willing to die for him. Thus, children were taught in school from a very young age to willingly give their lives to defend the leader. Young people were taught that they were aohitogusa – growing human weeds – who were to protect the Emperor by serving as his shield. This was, of course, seen as a great privilege. To die for the Emperor was the highest honor that could be attained.

The Japanese people were actually taught that their Emperor was of divine origin. So, for them in battle, a supernatural protection would be in effect. Many believed that bullets would simply bounce off them in battle because they were fighting for their God Emperor."""

http://www.essortment.com/all/japaneseemperor_rfac.htm

Last edited by Neukin; 02-28-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: put that link in from my quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:24 AM

I say do it.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

engine came out yesterday. prep work starts this weekend.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by allmotorek4
if your not Japanese don't do it, not hating.but you don't see people with chevy or ford driving around with american flag on it.

maybe you dont get out much or something, but i see people with american flags painted on their cars all the time, and the eagles, and then the stupid little flag holders in the window..

if you work on a base with civilians then what the hell are they going to do? idk how your **** works but i tell these old retired coots what to do. just go ahead and paint it, if someone has a problem they will let you know and youll just have to get it resprayed, not a big deal

also, someone mentioned freedom of speech, you can pm me about having free speech and being in the military, ha
Old 03-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

finally sprayed the body, got soem overspray
Old 01-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Trial User

Icon6 Re: Rising Sun Offensive?

Sounds pretty sick bro, the hood swapping idea is great, just make sure if you put a wing on it, it's not like one of those ricers who puts a vertical wing on the back of their type-R. If you're going to put a wing on a FF vehicle, make sure it's a flat wing (level with roof, goes straight off the back) for hatchbacks and has at least SOME aerodynamic functionality. I just got back from reading a You-Tube comment battle about this, and these idiots just want to make me rip my hair out and yell at them because of how wrong they are. People believe their opinions as fact I swear. -_-
And @ allmotorek4 , dude are you kidding me I live in the midwest, I'm surrounded by hicks and ugly, rusty silverados from the 90's... confederate flags, lift kits, bruh... this **** is like the 'murican way these days, gotta put dat der cunfedurite fleg on mah truhck hoss. It's sickening to never see in-line sixes or any variety besides any truck, suv, or junky Pontiac Grand Prix. Anyway, my point is I see a lot of flags and crap.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Trial User

Lol this thread was in 2009... Whatever XD