Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Paint and Body (https://honda-tech.com/forums/paint-body-84/)
-   -   quarter panel repaired on a eg4dr (https://honda-tech.com/forums/paint-body-84/quarter-panel-repaired-eg4dr-2734920/)

jdmsir4dr 02-27-2010 03:23 AM

quarter panel repaired on a eg4dr

ok so i got my quarter panels repaired cut the old ones off and welded new ones on it.. it was done at a body shop.. but the problem im having is that everytime it rains and i drive around i tends to get water in my trunk because off the inner quartel panels were the quarter panels meet near were the bumper bolts on..theres little spaces in the corner and im wondering if theres anything i can use to fill in those little hole to at least prevent some of the water going in any help plz......ill try and post pics so u guys can understand better

fventura03 02-27-2010 06:20 AM

Re: quarter panel repaired on a eg4dr

try some seem filler, like the stuff that honda puts in cracks around in the engine bay and other parts around the body. i forget what it's really called though but you can find it at advance auto parts or pepboys.

jdmsir4dr 02-28-2010 11:21 AM

so i went to a local autozone and i found (Dynatron Metal-Fill) and (Bondo-Glass fiberglass reinforced filler) but my ? is which do u guys think im better off using

Eyger 02-28-2010 12:47 PM

Don't use the bondo glass, that's not what that's intended for. dynatron metal fill might work, never used it before. There should be a dura-mix for your application. Do you have a napa in your area? Sometimes they have stuff like that.

Disease 02-28-2010 02:08 PM

Just use seam sealer. Get the one in a can that is brushable so you do not have to buy a gun to squirt it out. Or get the tube if you have a gun and just dab some with your finger into the hole that you see and anywhere along the wheel arch they did not seam seal behind on. Wherever they welded inside the wheel well should be seam sealed.

Spawne32 02-28-2010 02:55 PM

3m fast and firm seam sealer, comes in a caulk gun tube

Ziprock 02-28-2010 03:11 PM

you want a heavy bodied seam sealer. like disease said, you can get it in a brushable can. its made by a bunch of different companies and you should be able to get some from a local auto parts store.

jcdimvic 03-06-2010 02:47 PM

if your doing it urself the correct answer has already been mentioned. I would take it back to the body shop, Putting the new seam sealer on is part of the job. Most shops will stand behind their work for 5+ years. They cannot do that if there is a gap in the panels.

Pothole987 03-06-2010 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by jcdimvic (Post 41787629)
if your doing it urself the correct answer has already been mentioned. I would take it back to the body shop, Putting the new seam sealer on is part of the job. Most shops will stand behind their work for 5+ years. They cannot do that if there is a gap in the panels.

lol i'd like to know where you live. no shop can guarenttee 5 years for rust work where i live. lol