Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Need help identifying a carbon fiber hood

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help identifying a carbon fiber hood

I picked up a carbon fiber hood recently for my Integra. The closest I can find online like it is Seibon HD0205ACRSX-MG, but that's not quite mine as the linked one doesn't fit an Integra. Also, there are several differences between mine and the Seibon. The only text found on mine says "INT94C-2", though admittedly not in the highest quality writing. I looked on eBay and couldn't find anything matching it either. On eBay, I find mostly Seibon and VIS Racing hoods come up, but none match the one I have.

Mine doesn't have any grating in the holes, nor does it look like it ever came with it. If it did, I don't see any evidence of how it was fixed to the hood. Anybody have an idea? Pics below.

center hole, underside view

passenger side hole, underside view
Old 01-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Need help identifying a carbon fiber hood

Originally Posted by Mike457
I picked up a carbon fiber hood recently for my Integra. The closest I can find online like it is Seibon HD0205ACRSX-MG, but that's not quite mine as the linked one doesn't fit an Integra. Also, there are several differences between mine and the Seibon. The only text found on mine says "INT94C-2", though admittedly not in the highest quality writing. I looked on eBay and couldn't find anything matching it either. On eBay, I find mostly Seibon and VIS Racing hoods come up, but none match the one I have.

Mine doesn't have any grating in the holes, nor does it look like it ever came with it. If it did, I don't see any evidence of how it was fixed to the hood. Anybody have an idea? Pics below.

center hole, underside view

passenger side hole, underside view
It appears to be fiberglass not carbon fiber.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help identifying a carbon fiber hood

It weighs about 17 lbs. According to this post, most of the aftermarket hoods contain a mix of both fiberglass and carbon fiber, with the carbon fiber forming the top layer or layers in most.

I searched eBay and other sites for fiberglass hoods for Integra. I found a few (mostly by Deft Racing), but none matching mine yet. So I guess the search continues...