Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Gun-Metal Pearl and a few body-fixing questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gun-Metal Pearl and a few body-fixing questions

Hey wussup, im kind of new here on Honda-Tech. I drive a 91 DA Integra and i was just wondering you guys here on Honda-Tech would answer a few questions for me.

<U>Gun-Metal Pearl:</U>
I was just wondering if this type of paint job is a 2 stage or 3 stage paint job? And if anyone has pictures or can find pictures of this paintjob on an integra or civic (any year) so i can see what it looks like. I can't seem to find any. Thanks.

<U>Body-Filling Questions:</U>
I have this gash on the side of my car where the gas door opens up. Its a noticable gash that is also pushed in, not a whole lot though. I've been wanting to fix this for a while and im also on a budget. Can i fill in that gash and dent with light-weight filler? Is there other things i should know? ok thanks.

pictures:
1)

2)

3)

<U>Leather or Like-Leather Cleaning:</U>
The inside of my car is a tannish/cream color. When i bought the car, there were noticable stains on the tanned "leather-like" parts of the inner door panels. What can i use to clean the stains off, if i can?

pictures:

ok thanks guys, im waiting for your responses and advises.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Gun-Metal Pearl and a few body-fixing questions (DA Sketch 91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DA Sketch 91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
<U>Leather or Like-Leather Cleaning:</U>
The inside of my car is a tannish/cream color. When i bought the car, there were noticable stains on the tanned "leather-like" parts of the inner door panels. What can i use to clean the stains off, if i can?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

sometimes armorall or leather conditioner will work if it's not that bad. when i got my car i had tons of stuff like that on the steering wheel, seatbelts, armrests, door handles, etc.

i found that windex works well for stuff like that. i'm not sure if it's good or bad for it, since it's windex on leather/rubber/vinyl, but it sure is clean.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Gun-Metal Pearl and a few body-fixing questions

Thanks man.....keep them responses coming.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:47 PM

the gunmetal pearl you speak of is most likely gonna be 2 stage, base and clear, most pearls now a days are mixed into the base coat, but im sure there are other colors that are out there that are a 3 stage process
Old 05-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the camel **** brown in my car too and it was stained like whoa when i got it so i used this stuff called Spray 9. it took the stains right out and didnt damage it, (from what I could see) good luck
Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Gun-Metal Pearl and a few body-fixing questions (JDM EJ2)

Thanks JDM EJ2. I'll look into that. Is that spray 9 something i can get at a Autozone or Advance Auto Parts or some kind of specialty hardware store or any other type of store?
Old 05-13-2007, 09:15 PM

also i forgot to mention...there is a small layer of rust on the metal backpieces of the backseats. Its a small layer of rust i partially removed using CLR (thats all i had at my house, it didn't seam to really work). Well anyways, does anyone here on this site know of any good rust removers?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:12 PM

im sorta new to body fixing so im just trying to gather information from some of you more experienced guys on DIY bodywork. that sticky post about body fixing is really helpful but im just trying to gather more information and tips from some of you guys here on Honda-Tech. thanks.